Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on Keeanu Benton?
(04-21-2023, 09:46 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Some of what you are posting here lately is just silly. So can you explain the NFL careers of Tom Brady or maybe James Harrison? You obviously are unwilling or unable to apply perspective to the situation with Darnell Washington. You do understand that they as well have Brock Bowers correct? If it were not for Bowers then Washington is easily TE1 for the Bulldogs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaYuyqaA-TA

The very first play does not scream blocking only TE to me what about you? :28 that is a long ways down field to be blocking. 1:31 yeah he does struggle to catch doesn't he? 1:55 Some hands for a blocker wouldn't you say? 2:45 sure playing slow and struggling to catch there wasn't he?

Washington is a natural pass catcher and he has outstanding hands. He plays in a two TE set with a guy who is touted as a smaller Gronk. However, when given his opportunities he produced at a high level. A better rule of thumb is to attempt to forecast future progression based off of displayed abilities and how they project to the next level. Hate to break this to you but the draft is about projecting where a player has the potential to end up not where he is starting.

You really do not want to do this with your limited knowledge base.  But it's your feelings so...

Comparing once in a generation players to a hopeful draft pick is amateurish at best.  

Thanks for the video, it helps make my point:

The very first play is the route he ran 80% of the time for the few 40 receptions he had in his entire college career, a slip route coming off a block (fake slip on this play) .  Didn't have to beat a defender.

The :28 second play, he ran a straight line, his only other route. Didn't have to beat a defender.

1:55, again a vertical on the wheel route, could not get separation won the jump ball.  Didn't beat a defender.

2:45, another seam, straight line route, didn't have to beat a defender. 

His game speed is not remotely close to his combine numbers.  I would not be shocked if the Bengals took LaPorta over Washington.  I do not dislike the kid, I love his blocking and think he would be fun to watch and develop, but Im not for projects in Rd 1. 

Im not the only one that understands this.

Determinator of Takes
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - CJD - 04-21-2023, 03:52 PM
RE: Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - CJD - 04-21-2023, 05:53 PM
RE: Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - OSUfan - 04-21-2023, 07:05 PM
RE: Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - CJD - 04-21-2023, 05:42 PM
RE: Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - OSUfan - 04-21-2023, 07:01 PM
RE: Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - OSUfan - 04-21-2023, 09:46 PM
RE: Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - casear2727 - 04-21-2023, 10:42 PM
RE: Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - OSUfan - 04-21-2023, 11:53 PM
RE: Thoughts on Keeanu Benton? - OSUfan - 04-22-2023, 10:23 AM