Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Pre-Season GameDay Thread - Colts @ Bengals***
(08-23-2024, 12:00 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: This isn't meant to be a negative post just to be negative, but here's how i see that. 

Mims. Love him so far but he's a question mark for a full 17 game season. 
Burton. Love him so far but he's a question mark with the attitude. 
All. Love him so far but he's coming off an ACL and spinal surgery the year before. 

Those are the top 3 that are expected to contribute immediately and they all have significant question marks.

Lee, Newton, Jackson, Njongmeta. All guys down the depth chart that "show promise". That does nothing for us right now. 

I get that you (and many others) are still able to ramp up the enthusiasm year after year, but i lost that in '21. I've seen too many seasons end in disappointment, no playoffs, playoff loss, super bowl loss. I've seen too much 'what if', too many injuries at the worst time and injuries that affected a promising QBs career. 

We're facing that with Burrow now. Two season ending injuries in 4 years and massive question marks with his wrist this year. Can't sign Jesse Bates, lose him, turn around and can't sign Tee Higgins and will probably lose him and now they're ***** around with Chase. Let's see how that works out. 

As soon as they win the SB, i'll come back around to being super positive and optimistic. Until then, i have nothing but skepticism. 

That SB team had no business in that game. OL was awful. Joe had 2 straight years of health. I get the frustration over the signings. Yes they run scared in the FO. But signing Tee & Chase was never going to happen. Chase will get signed. They’ll lose Burrow if they don’t. Bates i don’t think warranted 16 million. Sure if he’d played like he did in ‘23. Burrow has looked good. I get your frustration. The season needs to start lol.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***Pre-Season GameDay Thread - Colts @ Bengals*** - Soonerpeace - 08-23-2024, 12:08 AM