Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Done negotiating Chase's extension?
(09-09-2024, 10:49 PM)fisherscatfan Wrote: I never said owners didn’t honor contracts. However guaranteed amounts were dramatically lower in the past and players were often cut with multiple years left and large amounts not guaranteed. That is what I meant by owners doing this to themselves...

Here is the problem with you guys that keep saying pay the players what they are worth, then using the player getting cut as a justification for large guaranteed money, if a player gets cut, it is because he is not worth his contract anymore.  You want the player to get paid what he is worth?  He is.   If he is cut he will get paid his worth by some other team and he can sign with them for his proper value. 

Why should a player get a huge contract for what they are worth and when they dont play to that same level should the owners keep paying them big money.  Its a one way street for your logic.  You only want to pay the player what he is worth when he is playing good but if he isnt playing to his worth, you still want the team to keep paying him as if he is.   Pay me what I am worth but if I start to suck, I want guaranteed money that still pays me elite money even if I dont play to that same level.  That logic makes no sense.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Done negotiating Chase's extension? - 007BengalsFan - 09-09-2024, 11:44 PM