Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals training camp, hire a consultant?
(09-22-2024, 01:05 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: There's a gazillion different examples you could make. But, for example - you can't expect to jog a 1/4 mile once a week for 2 months and then expect to win the Boston Marathon.

In other words, the way they've watered down preseason and practice on most teams, HURTS. And I'll never believe otherwise

I agree with you fully and completely. In another recent thread I called the Bengals "soft" and was quickly refuted by another long time board member. Then I mentioned that the Bengals can't run the ball and struggle to stop the run, those are the classic hallmarks of what is considered a "soft" team. At the end of the day, football is still a physical sport based upon the fundamentals of blocking and tackling. If you don't practice those skills they erode, and to be better than other teams that are competent in those disciplines you must practice technique to perfection. Reps, reps and more reps = solid blocking and tackling technique.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals training camp, hire a consultant? - SunsetBengal - 09-22-2024, 01:58 PM