Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Grades vs Carolina
(2 hours ago)Nepa Wrote: Burrow was scrambling like a madman because Clowney went right by Mims as if he weren't there. It was during the wild scrambling that the interception occurred. You can pin the interception on Chase, but if the first part were not a problem (breakdown of protection), the second part (Chase and Burrow not on same page) would not have been an issue. Watch the play again: It was a complete whiff by Mims, just as he had a similar whiff in the first game he played.

I am high on Mim's potential. But posters saying he did "outstanding," as you just did, doesn't meet the eye test. Nor the PFF rating. Mims pass blocking grade was 53.3 that game, and only that high because Burrow made a magical move to avoid the sack. His overall grade this season is 49 something. To say you have more faith in him than Jonah is based on Mim's projection, which is very high, not his performance to date. Or maybe we just have different qualifications for the term "outstanding," where one beating expectations results in using the words "outstanding," such as your daughter's first-ever performance in the school play exceeding your expectations.

I think when people say he played outstanding it's in the context of a rookie playing in his 2nd NFL game. I'm sure these same people would criticize say, Orlando Brown, if he had the exact same game and would say he had nowhere near an 'outstanding' game.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
PFF Grades vs Carolina - Nicomo Cosca - Yesterday, 06:03 PM
RE: PFF Grades vs Carolina - Joelist - Yesterday, 06:54 PM
RE: PFF Grades vs Carolina - Nepa - Yesterday, 07:09 PM
RE: PFF Grades vs Carolina - CottonHill - Yesterday, 07:42 PM
RE: PFF Grades vs Carolina - bfine32 - Yesterday, 08:12 PM
RE: PFF Grades vs Carolina - Joelist - Yesterday, 10:51 PM
RE: PFF Grades vs Carolina - Soonerpeace - Yesterday, 10:08 PM
RE: PFF Grades vs Carolina - Joelist - Yesterday, 11:02 PM
RE: PFF Grades vs Carolina - bfine32 - Yesterday, 11:04 PM