Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fields an upgrade for Steelers
(10-02-2024, 07:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Just find it funny that you guys were tired of low offensive output, so you (understandably) moved on from your QB who was riding on the coattails of your highly ranked scoring defense. So here you are now one year later defending the QB who is tied with 2 other teams for the 22nd scoring offense in the NFL. Just 0.5 points per game better than Bryce Young+Andy Dalton on the 25th scoring offense Panthers.

Fields on pace for 13 TDs/4 INTs in 17 starts. At least he's on pace to throw for 3,000 yards for the first time in his career, I guess.

I'm looking for improvement, and I'm seeing it with each game.  Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely not sold on Fields as a long term starter.  I need a solid two years from a QB before I'm willing to label them as such.  But Fields is playing better than Picket ever did, so he's at least an upgrade in that regard and he cost us nothing.  I don't think the "on pace" argument holds much water due to his consistent improvement, but time will tell.  Lastly, our defense was abysmal against an, IMO, average Colts offense, definitely an off game.  But Fields kept us in it.  So, yeah, he's not the second coming of Ben by any means, but he gives us reason to be optimistic.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Fields an upgrade for Steelers - kevin - 09-18-2024, 06:35 PM
RE: Fields an upgrade for Steelers - kevin - 09-22-2024, 12:21 PM
RE: Fields an upgrade for Steelers - kevin - 09-24-2024, 01:03 AM
RE: Fields an upgrade for Steelers - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-02-2024, 07:08 PM