Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Andy and the Bengals finally win a playoff game?
(07-11-2015, 09:37 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Shake,

Lets stop theorizing and lets cover what actually happened in the SD game....

Defensively

1st half, D gives up 7 points.

2nd half, D gives up 7 points UNTIL.... back to back to back turnovers midway through the 3rd quarter by Andy Dalton. Two of which are on extremely short fields - the other on the 50. The D still only gives up two field goals from that. The offense.... rudderless and dead in the water.
The chargers long rushing TD came in garbage time when the game was over and had no baring on the outcome whatsoever.

And you want to dish out any sort of blame on the D for that game? You want to say that what the offense did, more specifically Andy Dalton, did not influence the defense? Come on, dude.

I already broke down the two Texans games in detail. Want me to do it again? It's virtually the same story, man: D gives up 7 or 10 points in the first half, AD goes on a pants crapping streak.... Bengals lose.

PDub,

I don't think there's any (very few anyways) Bengal Fans out there who will try and argue that our defense was a greater cause of our losing than the offense. Clearly we've scored very little and in every game our 2nd half offense has been virtually nonexistent !

Andy Dalton has to many turnovers, we've had to many dropped passes, fumbles, penalties, etc. by the offense at all the wrong times. The offense has been carrying the flag for our losing no doubt.

But in the same breath our defense is just as guilty of not rising to the occasion and kicking some ass - when it counts ! As the offense is of just generally stinking.

We've let 3 very marginal NFL QB's execute their teams game plans with zero pressure from the pass rush. When your defense can't disrupt the other teams gameplan at all, generally you lose that game.

We've been gashed in the run game every time, not once, not twice, every time ! What is it 160 yards per ? We have generated next to no turnovers ! All this from some pretty good D's.

I don't think anyone even Shake is trying to say Dalton doesn't have the biggest slice of losing pie. Just that the Defense has a pretty big slice themselves for failure to bring it when it's needed the most.

There's a team collapse going on here and it's very much a coaching/attitude problem. When the going gets tough, way down in the core, the heart our team doesn't really believe.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Andy and the Bengals finally win a playoff game? - bengalfan74 - 07-11-2015, 10:43 AM