Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF OL rankings entering week 11
(11-17-2016, 06:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Lot's of people taking personal shots at me while running away from the PFF stats that show what a good job PA has done at coaching pass protection before this year.

I'll come back when some of you want to address the facts instead of just trying to insult me.

My man.....you're the king of the personal shots.

(11-17-2016, 06:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Fred is absolutely right. PFF has rated the Bengals OL one of the best for the past few years at least. They even mention it in the link providing in the OP.
"For years, the Bengals had one of the league’s best lines..."

Where the discrepancy would always lie when people argued this topic the past few years or so was "Player X is bad" vs "Well, the OL as a whole is ranked really high". Kind of like "Paul Janish sucks" vs "When he plays, the team as a whole performs better".

This year, not only is the OL uncharacteristically bad, but two players specifically were identified as the main culprits (one who has been labeled the weakest link for the past few years).

Yes, when Big Willie, Bobbie, Steiny, Braham, and Levi were here, it was phenomenal.  It should have been, look at the talent and cost of it.  When it started to slide, Paino had no answers.  Palmer was wearing bloody noses, messed up shoulder, etc....we ran well, with a lot of unbalanced sets and lead backs from time to time.  That's taking weapons off the field.  Instead of looking for upgrades, we kept Roland around WAY TOO LONG, praised Livings and Cook.  Pressure up the middle of this unit has been a serious problem since Kyle Cook's lone good year.  Now, we have a hand picked protege, and look at him.  Hand picked 1st round, injured at draft time, RT....and look at him.  Maybe PA was good at one time, or maybe great talent helped him.  Right now, when a "guru" should be sprinkling his pixie dust and juju to fix it, we have an abomination.  Imagine the unit rankings without Whit's good play.

(11-17-2016, 06:38 PM)J24 Wrote: Fred is right the offensive line has mostly been good since Paul has been here. This year it's been bad an it comes at a complete shock to most people on this board. Paul is a well respected coach in the NFl and if the Bengals fired him he would have a job in a minute. Also let's not forget because of the new CBA there has been a lot of complaining about coaches not having enough time to develop young offensive lineman.

Maybe, but why no offers from other teams?  I mean, if he's the best there is, why hasn't a guy like Belichick came calling?  I mean, if I was the best at what I do, I wouldn't be in Cincy.....I'd be trying to win a ring in NE, soakin up rays in sunny Cali, taking on the Big Apple with a possible shot at hoisting hardware.....etc.  I just don't see it.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF OL rankings entering week 11 - J24 - 11-17-2016, 06:38 PM
RE: PFF OL rankings entering week 11 - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-17-2016, 07:38 PM
RE: PFF OL rankings entering week 11 - J24 - 11-17-2016, 09:22 PM