Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
C'mon Mike. Can't you do anything to pump up your fan base?
(03-11-2017, 10:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: My perception is that he defines success in a very different manner than NFL players and NFL fans do.  It's rather unreasonable to think that putting a winner on the field is a top priority based upon his actions.  It's his business to run, but I can't dupe myself into thinking that he's really trying to win and just happens to come up short every single year he's been calling the shots.

I think he has put winning teams on the field. The Bengals have been more successful over the past 7-10 years than most other NFL franchises. The team blowing playoff games is on the players and coaches. The Bengals had the steelers beat....and the players blew it. And what people fail to see is that we have had success without burying ourselves in salary cap hell like so many other teams have done in fleeting attempts to win right now with no eye to the future. MB has put teams capable of contending on the field, you can't deny that. And he has also done so with an eye toward the long term health and stability of the team.

I want them to win a SB. I was in Miami the last time they were in one getting my hopes dashed by Joe Montana. But I also realize NFL football is a business, and at the root of it all, a game. A simple distraction to entertain me on my Sundays. But again, today's fans have zero patience, nor do they care about the long term health of their team. They always want the big money signing, the big money FA, etc....regardless of the long term effect.

The ravens had to pay Joe Flacco a ridiculous contract after his flash in the pan playoff run. He hasn't duplicated that success in any form since. And the ravens are still paying for that contract by who they are not able to sign to help the team.

I have no doubt that MB wants to win. But I also have no doubt that he is not willing to do it by mortgaging the future of the Bengals. That's my take on it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: C'mon Mike. Can't you do anything to pump up your fan base? - Beaker - 03-12-2017, 12:07 PM