Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terrelle Pryor, 1 year, $6 million to Redskins...
(03-11-2017, 09:39 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I apologize.  I saw $6 million in one spot and didn't double check it...the number is apparently $8 million without knowing the details of base vs. incentives.

That doesn't change the fact that a longer term deal as I suggested with a greater guarantee wouldn't have been a more than competitive offer.  

As far as affordability goes, I completely agree with your assesment of Jones, and I think they will release him after June 1st because it saves them quite a bit more money.  

As far as being a 1 year WR on a crappy team that "nobody trusts", I would argue that is part of his intrigue.  I watched all his games and I didn't see him get a lot of garbage yards.  I saw him start pretty darn well and fade as his teammates dropped life flies and his QB play suffered.  James Urban is one of the Bengals coaches that I feel could really turn him in to a Pro Bowl talent, especially with AJ Green on the other side of the field.  

I don't know...I'm just whining about the lack of apparent interest.  I think something could have been done that would have instantly improved this team's offense on all points of the field, but especially the red zone.  

So now, I am back to praying that Ced Ogbuehi somehow figures out how to be stronger, have better balance, and be a consistent LT in the NFL with a whopping one start under his belt there.  And I guess John Ross in the first sounds pretty good, but they will have to slide back and generate additional picks.  

I believe he turned down a 4 year deal with Cleveland and went to go bet on himself this year to get a bigger contract next season... Cant blame him from wanting out of a place with no QB as of yet.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Terrelle Pryor, 1 year, $6 million to Redskins... - XenoMorph - 03-14-2017, 12:00 PM