Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Trade Your First Rounder For Foles?
(02-05-2018, 01:11 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree that these things need fixed before anything else. 

It is how Eagles did it. 

and as Shake would hate to say

Philly Philly ! 

[Image: giphy.gif]

(02-05-2018, 01:27 PM)PDub80 Wrote: If I were the Bengals? No.

If I were the Browns, I would offer pick #33 for Foles. He's worth a few wins a year to them as is. Add in new skill position draft picks at #1 & #4 plus free agency and the Browns would be looking very strong for a long time. I think Foles would be cheaper than Cousins and a better over all player.

Agreed. I like Foles, but we already have a solid QB. We need better coaching (not getting it) and a much better o-line (we'll see).

(02-05-2018, 02:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: In that hypothetical situation, I'd ask for Wentz.  Foles is not worth a 1st at all.

It's 1991, do you trade a 1st and a 4th for Jeff Hostetler?

Well in fairness, Foles is 3 full years younger than Hostetler was. He's also had more prior experience and success as a starter. 

Also, Hostetler was pretty successful for the Raiders, posting a 33-22 record as starter in 4 years, making a Pro Bowl and winning a playoff game.

I don't think we should do it, but I couldn't blame a QB needy team for offering a 1st for a younger version of that.

(02-05-2018, 05:08 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: No, I would stick with Dalton.
Dalton/Foles, doesn't matter which one, neither can play Left Tackle, we need that pick to find one.

This was going to be my answer as well. If that top pick is spent on anything other than o-line, I'll be pissed.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trade Your First Rounder For Foles? - Shake n Blake - 02-07-2018, 11:41 PM