Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something isn't right about our free agency
(03-11-2018, 11:04 AM)Nately120 Wrote: There are teams that players will take a discount to play for, but we're much closer to the "I need team X to pay me more to not win there" side of that coin, though.  I will say it's still amusing that people couldn't believe Whitworth would take more money to play for a hopeless franchise like the Rams when he could stay here and maybe win a ring.

If it's an older player who's already had a big contract and is sitting on the back 9 of his career, then I agree that they'll consider the prospective team's chances at winning a title before choosing.  Ironically, with the Bengals approach to FA spending and cap, those vets are just the kinds of guys they can afford/use.  

Going to be a tough sell to get guys like that now.  The Bengals are a bad football team based on the last two years.  Nobody's coming here to win a title.  They're going to have to pay at last market to acquire outside talent at this point.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something isn't right about our free agency - samhain - 03-11-2018, 04:03 PM