Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Salary Cap - Bengals Cap Space
(12-15-2018, 01:01 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The being stingy with Gatorade and deodorant was when Joseph left which was late 2000's.

People point the finger at him because he hasn't won a playoff game in 26+ years and hasn't hired a GM.

Over that same span, some 26 teams have won 5+ playoff games.

Marvin has stated that the limit on how many Gatorades players could take home was his policy.

"I was told this morning about Johnathan's comments that were printed," Lewis said Wednesay in an online chat with the Cincinnati Enquirer. "It's my fault that I feel that a player doesn't need to take a dozen Gatorades home in his backpack each night and that we are paying him a salary. I'm sure that Johnathan would not have been one of the abusive players, but it is my policy."

His comments would seem to infer that either they had no limit at one time and players abused it or it was something he felt was being abused in his previous coaching stops.

I get both sides of it.  If one organization gives unlimited amounts out for free, that quickly becomes the standard.  On the flip side, you have a 53 man roster plus a 10 man practice squad.  If everyone is taking home a dozen bottles a day, that amounts to almost 5,300 bottles of Gatorade a week taken home.  That seems a bit ridiculous for guys making mid 6 figures on the low end.  I don't know a lot of businesses that think it's ok for employees to take home coffee packets out of the break room and rolls of toilet paper out of the cleaning closet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2019 Salary Cap - Bengalholic - 12-11-2018, 08:28 PM
RE: 2019 Salary Cap - Bengals Cap Space - Whatever - 12-15-2018, 01:36 AM