Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bringing back a HC after 3 straight losing seasons
(12-27-2018, 09:42 PM)3wt Wrote: I think you're right.  He's done a pretty good job of salvaging the defense' season.

And it's not just the stats.  Though it is.  When you put his stats in context it is much more appalling than I thought.

It's the eye test:
  • Controlling all his coordinators but Zimmer (this is a gut thing not a fact)
  • How badly coached the team seems to be: tackling, gap integrity, penalties, assignment failures, John Ross (is it possible he's not quitting on routes but going where he's told to go?   He ran fine routes in college...)
  • Rigid thinking - e.g. the O line just needs to continue playing together rather than trying different combinations
  • Making the same mistakes over and over
  • Hiring Hue when he did.  The whole team must feel humiliated.  I know I am.
  • Playing not to lose
  • Being a slave to a system rather than conforming the system to your players' strengths
  • Throwing players and coaches under the bus
  • Failing to develop creative (versus gimmicky) solutions to problems
  • The whole denial of half time adjustments being a reality in the NFL

Fine man.   But he should just not be a head coach.

Nice post brother, need to move on no question. All of this shows this and reps to you and Holic.

Not a good idea to keep this guy around another year no matter what the injuries were.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bringing back a HC after 3 straight losing seasons - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 12-27-2018, 11:56 PM