Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you trust Zac with player overhaul too?
(10-01-2019, 07:06 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: A lot of negative on ZT. And the small zingers being tossed around like, "do we miss Marvin yet?" posts are comical. Dude is in his 4th game as HC. Losing sucks but it's part of the game. Granted, I know we got embarrassed last night and when I woke up this morning I was depressed and all I could think about was that damn loss. Partly because I hate losing to the Steelers and partly because an 0-3 team embarrassed us. Also partly because we deserve better from this team ad I was sooooo badly wanting them to deliver this year. By no means am I saying they still cant put it together this year, but now that I'm starting to remove my homer glasses it appears some of you that predicted it would take a few years to develop are probably right.

We would be foolish to get rid of ZT after the year. These coaches want to win but damn, when your OL sucks so bad that Dalton get's sacked 8 times in 1 game, that's just ridiculous. I'm also buying into some of the talk that Dalton might not be a good fit right now. He's a good QB but dude is not going to last because he's just not that mobile QB we need when our line sucks so bad. Our LB's looked horrible last night also and our DL was pretty weak too. These guys plainly didn't show up.

What I put on the coaches is the lack of preparedness, the undisciplined play and lack of of clock management. However, we can't forget what I stated above. It's only their 4th game. 4th game of ZT and 4th game of these coaches being together. They will learn and hopefully become a force to be reckoned with. ZT get's at least a 2-3yr pass from me as long as he shows improvement along the way. Same way with all these coaches.

Good post. I will say, that while ZT doesn't get fired after this year...they probably need to evaluate the assistants and some may need fired. And they need to bring in experienced guys.

I'd target Jay Gruden as the OC for instance. No clue IF he'd come.

And IF Zimmer gets fired...I'd offer to overpay him to get him here as the DC.

And management needs to realize you can't fix all these holes in 1 draft. They need free agents.

We both know most of those things won't happen though. They'll probably hire Hue as a consultant!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you trust Zac with player overhaul too? - THE PISTONS - 10-01-2019, 08:40 PM