Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need a defensive playmaker in the worst way.
(09-23-2020, 07:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Is there anything to actually back up that Lawson is “one of the best pass rushers in the league?”

Because outside of his rookie season, I just haven’t seen it. He’s becoming one of our most overrated players honestly. He gets a lot of QB hits, but he doesn’t get nearly enough sacks to be one of the best.

I hate to keep picking on whoever it was that made the prediction, but 20 sacks for Carl Lawson was pretty ridiculous.

I’ve said this about Carl Lawson many times. The potential is there, but the production just doesn’t come to fruition.

I agree with the OP. We don’t have anyone who stands out as the ‘stud’ on defense. Bates looked like he may be that guy in week1, but then washed that all away in week2.

I thought Vonn Bell might fit in that role but after 2 weeks I haven’t been super impressed. It’s still early and the defense should get stronger as they play more together.

If Hubbard takes another step in the right direction he could be our big playmaker, but he seems more like Carlos in that they are steady producers with a few splash plays here and there. Not taking over games, but may take over a series or close out a game.

We have a lot of potential on that side of the ball, they just need to put it together. Easier said than done.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We need a defensive playmaker in the worst way. - GreenCornBengal - 09-23-2020, 07:54 PM