Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
No credibility until they hire a GM
(12-11-2020, 02:40 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: IMHO it's the #1 thing that needs to happen, butt.

Mike believes he's an all star GM and refuses to give up control so........

I disagree.  I don't think he controls much of anything anymore.

The problem is that it's still HIS money and he's a tight ass, even though Xiong all of those things would still leave him with more money than he could ever spend.

I think Troy and Katie would happily do all of those things if they had complete control, but Mike is too bull-headed to realize that the ROI on all of those things would more than pay for himself.

He's still old school and doesn't realize that the small scouting staff, along with coaches doing their own scouting, can't do enough to get us the players we need.

He thinks Duke Tobin and whoever else can get the job done of bringing in free agents, forming contracts, working out details, controlling the stadium and ticket prices, and doing whatever else.

He thinks we don't need a big and modernized weight room because he doesn't realize how much taking care of players' bodies has evolved and doesn't think we need an indoor practice facility because we borrow UC'S.

He won't do any of those things because he still makes money and doesn't realize that doing all of those things would make him a lot more money.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: No credibility until they hire a GM - BFritz21 - 12-11-2020, 05:20 PM