Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We added Burrow, Green, Jonah, Reader, Spain, Vonn Bell, Tee Higgins, Wilson, and...
(12-12-2020, 08:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Patriots are perennial winners. You talk about the Dolphins like they're only good temporarily until the Pat's are good next year.

Reality is the Steelers and Ravens are generally good each year. With no Roethlisberger, the Steelers are 8-8.

Here if we lose 1 guy...the Zac fanboys use that as an excuse as to why he needs more years. It's like they root for Zac...not the team.

If the Bengals fired Zac and brought in someone like Bieniemy, would it bother you? Why such support of Zac?

To the first: no, I'd be fine with that.

To the second: meh, I don't really support ZT, I just don't think this dumpster fire is all his fault. Or that the majority of head coaches who would come here could fix it. I mean, sure, there's a short list of guys who would win wherever they go. Most of them are either already head coaches or are enjoying their retirement.

It's like Bienemy. I get he's a hot name for a lot of folks, but he's got a good HC in front of him and a solid roster to work with. It's not like the guy is taking Merv's leftovers to the Superbowl. The Chiefs GM came in four years ago, and he's done solid with building a roster in that time. Personally, if I had a choice between Veach and another HC or Bienemy under our GM (Mike Brown/Tobin), I'd take Veach and the mystery candidate.

Good teams start with good players. 

(12-12-2020, 08:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think if Tomlin and the Steelers staff were here, they'd get 8 wins out of this team.

Yeah not a SB, but far from 2.5 wins.

Last year, after the bye they figured out how to run. A good staff would have the running game going.

Yeah, difference is, I think we would've gotten close to that on the easy side of our schedule. I understand you don't think we would've beaten the Giants, Dallas, Washington, etc.... but I do. Those teams aren't very good. Hell, we were within 10 of the Phins, Giants and WFT without even having a functional QB. If we'd had a decent backup, we probably would've won those without Joe. With Joe? Yeah, those games would've been wins.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We added Burrow, Green, Jonah, Reader, Spain, Vonn Bell, Tee Higgins, Wilson, and... - Benton - 12-12-2020, 09:01 PM