Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We added Burrow, Green, Jonah, Reader, Spain, Vonn Bell, Tee Higgins, Wilson, and...
(12-12-2020, 09:01 PM)Benton Wrote: To the first: no, I'd be fine with that.

To the second: meh, I don't really support ZT, I just don't think this dumpster fire is all his fault. Or that the majority of head coaches who would come here could fix it. I mean, sure, there's a short list of guys who would win wherever they go. Most of them are either already head coaches or are enjoying their retirement.

It's like Bienemy. I get he's a hot name for a lot of folks, but he's got a good HC in front of him and a solid roster to work with. It's not like the guy is taking Merv's leftovers to the Superbowl. The Chiefs GM came in four years ago, and he's done solid with building a roster in that time. Personally, if I had a choice between Veach and another HC or Bienemy under our GM (Mike Brown/Tobin), I'd take Veach and the mystery candidate.

Good teams start with good players. 

Yeah, difference is, I think we would've gotten close to that on the easy side of our schedule. I understand you don't think we would've beaten the Giants, Dallas, Washington, etc.... but I do. Those teams aren't very good. Hell, we were within 10 of the Phins, Giants and WFT without even having a functional QB. If we'd had a decent backup, we probably would've won those without Joe. With Joe? Yeah, those games would've been wins.

On the 1st part of your post, I dont think our views are that far off. Bieniemy wouldnt be my top choice either.

On the roster, theres more talent than 2 wins or 4 or 5 wins. Talent looks bad when coaching is bad. 

But, the overall crux of the situation is we need a gm and scouts and only Marvin has been able to win here over 30 years. So yeah...not just any coach can win here and Zacs inexperience and terrible results as a coordinator didnt help at all.

On Burrow - we werent winning with him We put up yards, but not points. All passing with no running doesnt win.

While we look at bad teams as wins, they see us as wins too. The Chargers are bad and beat us with Manuel. I could go on and on.

With Burrow, our offense ranked similar to last year. That's what people miss because they choose to think the output against the Jags was what it did every game.

9 1st half points against the Redskins was like 12 or 15 points that game and a loss.

And why didnt we get to see Burrow for 16 games? Because Zac calls plays like hes playing Madden.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We added Burrow, Green, Jonah, Reader, Spain, Vonn Bell, Tee Higgins, Wilson, and... - THE PISTONS - 12-12-2020, 09:09 PM