Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We added Burrow, Green, Jonah, Reader, Spain, Vonn Bell, Tee Higgins, Wilson, and...
(12-13-2020, 01:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: If any team were 100% healthy they'd be better than injured. But ALL teams face injuries. Some teams had key players opt out with covid too.

On the offensive line, I could probably find dozens of quotes from Zac and Turner talking about how they're fine. The coaches legit like Bobby Hart. They also apparantly like Jordan. Fans dont like these players but coaches do.

I'm sure if the coaches wanted, they could have talked management into upgrading the ol instead of defense, especially with Burrow coming in.

I still blame to coaches for a lot on the OL and DL.  I know as well as you that they love these obviously inadequate players.  There are a few logical questions to ask here.  

The first is, if the coaches love these players so much, why do the players fail on a consistent basis?  Are they failing to execute what the coaches are teaching them?  Are the coaches failing to teach these players they claim to be so terrific, thus deserving all of the blame?  Lastly, are the coaches just so shitty at their jobs that they are unable to adequately evaluate the actual talent OR level them up to make them better?  

I'm starting to think that they flat out don't care.  I'm looking at Jim Turner here.  I think he's just happy to have a job hanging with his best bud Zac and drawing a paycheck.  He never bangs the drum for better players, praises players that are demonstrably awful, and if reports are to be believed teaches little to nothing in terms of technique.  He's a guy that shouldn't be in the position he's in.  He's dug in with his guys, ride or die, and he's gotten the most important person in that building into a position where nobody knows when he'll play again or in what capacity he'll be able to perform as a QB.

Turner should have been fired, Gregg Williams style after the game vs the football team.  He's a worthless shitbag of a human being and position coach.  He seems to make his players worse.  Get him the hell off this team as soon as possible, and do it in a humiliating fashion.  This guy shouldn't get a job coaching Pop Warner, much less in the NFL.

Paul Alexander gets dragged a lot here for his last few years evaluating talent and developing players, but he's 100 times the coach that Turner is, and that's some sad shit right there. Turner couldn't build a line like PA did here more than once if the lives of his children depended on it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We added Burrow, Green, Jonah, Reader, Spain, Vonn Bell, Tee Higgins, Wilson, and... - samhain - 12-13-2020, 02:20 PM