Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We added Burrow, Green, Jonah, Reader, Spain, Vonn Bell, Tee Higgins, Wilson, and...
(12-13-2020, 02:20 PM)samhain Wrote: I still blame to coaches for a lot on the OL and DL.  I know as well as you that they love these obviously inadequate players.  There are a few logical questions to ask here.  

The first is, if the coaches love these players so much, why do the players fail on a consistent basis?  Are they failing to execute what the coaches are teaching them?  Are the coaches failing to teach these players they claim to be so terrific, thus deserving all of the blame?  Lastly, are the coaches just so shitty at their jobs that they are unable to adequately evaluate the actual talent OR level them up to make them better?  

I'm starting to think that they flat out don't care.  I'm looking at Jim Turner here.  I think he's just happy to have a job hanging with his best bud Zac and drawing a paycheck.  He never bangs the drum for better players, praises players that are demonstrably awful, and if reports are to be believed teaches little to nothing in terms of technique.  He's a guy that shouldn't be in the position he's in.  He's dug in with his guys, ride or die, and he's gotten the most important person in that building into a position where nobody knows when he'll play again or in what capacity he'll be able to perform as a QB.

Turner should have been fired, Gregg Williams style after the game vs the football team.  He's a worthless shitbag of a human being and position coach.  He seems to make his players worse.  Get him the hell off this team as soon as possible, and do it in a humiliating fashion.  This guy shouldn't get a job coaching Pop Warner, much less in the NFL.

Paul Alexander gets dragged a lot here for his last few years evaluating talent and developing players, but he's 100 times the coach that Turner is, and that's some sad shit right there.  Turner couldn't build a line like PA did here more than once if the lives of his children depended on it.

The thing with the line is, last year after the bye...they made blocking changes and figured out how to run. Same players. Different scheme. And they could run. <-- That shows how important coaching is.

And the Elise Jesse article about coaches not coaching technique was pretty telling. I guarantee you the Steelers and Ravens coaches coach technique. That's critical to develop guys.

Basically, the entire staff had red and orange flags being hired. Zac had barely any experience even as an OC and the limited times he's been in that position, offense either got worse or failed. Lou was like the 6th choice. Turner was blackballed from the NFL. No team, besides likely 1 would touch him due to his past. Callahan is the least checkered guy, but he was a QB coach and making a huge jump.

Generally, you hire someone who is experienced so you can lean on them to improve. These guys have no one to learn from that has been successful.

Agreed on Alexander. We had some really good lines under him. Ced and Fisher were his demise. But, gee how many teams would have drafted Ced? He had a major injury...AND his scouting report talked about how he gave up a lot of sacks IN COLLEGE. But, he was tall and lean and muscular. They made the same mistake with Zac in some ways as he was young and an offensive coach, so they assumed he was the next McVay. Bad management teams make mistakes like this.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We added Burrow, Green, Jonah, Reader, Spain, Vonn Bell, Tee Higgins, Wilson, and... - THE PISTONS - 12-13-2020, 02:44 PM