Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread***
(04-26-2019, 11:03 AM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: I want us to pickup Benny Snell in the later rounds.

I don't care about his draft measurables. I know he has the speed range of a Walter Peyton. In the 4.6 range, but I couldn't care less about that.

The quickness and burst of the Bus for the Steelers.

I saw this man win games where the QB was non existent.

Seriously, they faced Mississippi State who was ranked 14th in the nation at the time. The QB went 8 of 14 for 71 yards and a pick.

They put 11 men in the box almost every single play to stop one man. That man Benny Snell went on 25 carries for 165 yards 4 TD's and 6.6 yards a carry.

Against Vanderbilt, they did have 11 man in the box every single play. The QB went 3 of 9 for 19 yards.

Benny Snell went for 32 carries, 169 and a TD.

Eventually the OC decided that since these teams are putting 11 man in the box, why don't we try going deep some.

The QB Terry Wilson did much better in the 2nd half of the season than he did in the first.

Still in yards per game (151) they were 120th out of 130 teams.

I understand why scout's have him ranked were they do, but to get a short yardage back in the 5th round that can complement Joe Mixon would be very nice.

Also their TE CJ Conrad is very underrated. 6'4 249, runs in the 4.6-4.7 range. Probably jumps in the 33' to 34' range. Is fairly strong and does about 21-23 in the bench press.

These would all have been top 10 in measurables for TE's, but he never had a QB that could truly utilize his skills and a heart condition at the combine kept him from participating in the drills.

I think he was medically cleared, but if someone takes a flyer on this kid in the 6-7 rounds or a camp invite even. There gonna realize this guy probably should of been projected to go in the 3rd-4th round.

I'm not saying he's gonna be a world beater, but he's a guy to take a chance on.

It's some guy's to look at in the later rounds.

Totally agree.  If these two are available late, they should jump all over them.  Conrad came up huge in UKs win over Mizzou.....even caught the game winning TD.  Snell is a pounder.....talk about upgrading over Walton!

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Wyche'sWarrior - 04-26-2019, 11:28 AM