Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread***
(04-27-2019, 12:00 AM)NKURyan Wrote: Nobody has any idea where he would end up going had we not picked him. It's all just conjecture and guesswork. If the Bengals liked him enough and felt he was worth it, go for it. It didn't cost them any LBs. Looking at the guys who went in between their picks, it might have cost them a fourth string WR or DB or a rotational DL. I bet they get more use out of Sample than they would had they taken most of those guys.

And I get it, maybe those other guys have more upside than Sample and you get more from them a year or two down the road. On that, I'll just have to defer to the coaches.

If he works out and contributes in meaningful ways, great. No one will care where or when he was drafted. 

But that's down the road. Tonight, it was a bad pick for it's placement, imo. 

As far as conjecture...it's a fact that not one other TE that is known for his blocking was taken after the Bengals pick and the two that were taken put up very good pass catching numbers this past year, which makes it clear they were not targeted mainly for their blocking. And that's my entire argument. They could have taken 2 other guys tonight and got him tomorrow. 

(to the bolded) BTW, have you ever noticed how anyone not taken by the Bengals would have likely been a scrub, and anyone taken by the Bengals have a ton of potential and will likely end up helping the team?  Cool

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - rfaulk34 - 04-27-2019, 12:32 AM