Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread***
(04-27-2019, 04:10 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: you said we should complain so I will say not fair the Pats are not located in Cincy and the Bengals located in New England

There ya go.. Change geography if for no other reason than to confuse grade school kids.

On a side note.. I've never been particularly happy with pundit descriptions of comparing players with each other or older players with younger guys.
It's just too easy to sit at a keyboard in an office somewhere and pretend to be inside the heads of coaches, their staffs and especially inside the heads of players based on a few minutes of video of games.
These young players are never set in stone enough to declare they'll never change, get better or worse. One mistake off the field is generally not enough to make assumptions they'll always be the way the media depicts them to be. Young people will always make young people mistakes. There's nothing new with that, but often they grow up and quit making the same stupid mistakes. The same applies to how they play the game itself. They're often not fully developed when drafted and can add or lose weight and learn new techniques from a coaching staff to become excellent players when they weren't doing too well as college players...and of course the opposite can occur when they were absolute stud in college, but fizzle out bad in the pros..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - grampahol - 04-27-2019, 04:51 PM