Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is YOUR Top 10 Big Board after 8 players are already Drafted ? Here is mine

I counted 8 specific players as already being drafted for sure before Pick #18.

They are QB Caleb Williams, QB Jayden Daniels, QB Drake Maye, WR Marvin Harrison JR, WR Rome Odunze, WR Malik Nabors, OT Joe Alt, 
OLB Dallas Turner.

This leaves 10 players on a Big Board to get to Bengals pick #18    

My BIG BOARD Top 10 after eliminating the 8 above

1. TE Brock Bowers
 2. OT JC Latham
 3. DT Byron Murphy II
 4. OT Taliese Fuaga
 5. Corner Quinyon Mitchell
 6. WR Brian Thomas Jr
 7. OT Amarius Mims
 8. Corner Terrion Arnold
 9. DE Laitau Latu
10. DE Jared Verse

*Mine is not pure BPA but a mixture of BPA and need & still subject to change even this close to the Draft*  

What would your Top 10 Big Board look like in this scenario ?
Reply/Quote
1.Olumuyiwa Fashanu -The #1 graded T in this class for a long while. When the HC says someone is "high production , low maintenance", that's a guy you want on your football team.

2.Brock Bowers -Not an immediate need, but hard to pass on a guy who will be a perennial Pro Bowl target for Joe Burrow.

3.Brian Thomas Jr -Led the nation in TD's playing in a conference stacked with NFL prospects at CB. 9.97 RAS is 10th highest all time amongst WR's.

4.Tyler Guyton -Most will disagree with me, but despite the rawness, the upside is immense. Showed a lot of improvement at the Senior Bowl.

5.Troy Fautanu -Has some technique issues, but the kid plays with an edge and tested extremely well.

6.Graham Barton-Solidifies the C position for hopefully the next decade.

7.Amarius Mims-High risk, but the potential reward is huge.

8.Chop Robinson-When your comp is a raw Micah Parsons, you're a beast.

9.Kingsley Suamataia-In a normal T class, you'd run your card up to the podium to take this kid at #18.

10.Jared Verse-Kid is going to be a very good pro for a long time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:18 AM)Whatever Wrote: 1.Olumuyiwa Fashanu -The #1 graded T in this class for a long while.  When the HC says someone is "high production , low maintenance", that's a guy you want on your football team.

2.Brock Bowers -Not an immediate need, but hard to pass on a guy who will be a perennial Pro Bowl target for Joe Burrow.

3.Brian Thomas Jr -Led the nation in TD's playing in a conference stacked with NFL prospects at CB.  9.97 RAS is 10th highest all time amongst WR's.

4.Tyler Guyton -Most will disagree with me, but despite the rawness, the upside is immense.  Showed a lot of improvement at the Senior Bowl.

5.Troy Fautanu -Has some technique issues, but the kid plays with an edge and tested extremely well.

9.Kingsley Suamataia-In a normal T class, you'd run your card up to the podium to take this kid at #18.

It will be interesting to look back on these Big Boards after the 1st round of the Draft tonight and see if who the Bengals end up taking 

would match what each person's Big Board would have taken.
Reply/Quote
this is my top 10 with no positional value, just BPA and scheme fit

1. Brock Bowers
2. Quinyon Mitchell
3. Johnny Newton
4. Laiatu Latu
5. Troy Fautanu
6. Byron Murphy
7. Taliese Fuaga
8. JPJ
9. JC Latham
10.  Jared Verse

I want to be clear that the gap between most of these players isn't large and I have different reasons for my rankings.  I view Brock Bowers as the most decorated and best tight end ever in the draft.  I don't care about his position, call him receiver, running back, tight end.  

I have Quinyon Mitchell graded in the same tier as guys like Revis and Sauce.  

Johnny Newton I think has the potential to be an all-pro player in the NFL, I don't know why he's sliding on boards, but his tape puts him in the geno atkins tier

Latu is the most polished edge player I've seen since Bosa

Troy Fautanu will be an All pro guard in the NFL, I think he can play at a very high level at tackle as well, but put him at left guard and that guy is a star.

Byron Murphy is a complete DT similar to Suh, with extremely powerful legs and he has a large skeletal frame that translates well to building mass.  Rotate him at 3tech and shade 1 tech and just eat

Fuaga is strong and mean, I love his playstyle, but I think his ideal spot is right-guard

Jackson Powers Johnson is Travis Frederick, best center in the draft

JC Latham is a guy I'm warming too, but he still has a lot of technical flaws and I'm concerned with his feet.  I only put him on this list because I think he grip strength and lockdown strength is probably the best in the class.

Jared Verse is a guy I really like and I think maybe I should have him higher, I like that he comes from a stable family with a father whose active in his life and he had a structured upbringing in dayton ohio.  His playstyle is very similar to Trey Hendrickson which I love

Edit, I realized after doing the list that I left Mims off, I think Mims is the highest upside tackle in the draft, its hard for me to know where exactly he goes on this list, so I will just highlight him here

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:49 AM)Okeana Wrote: this is my top 10 with no positional value, just BPA and scheme fit

1. Brock Bowers
2. Quinyon Mitchell
3. Johnny Newton
4. Laiatu Latu
5. Troy Fautanu
6. Byron Murphy
7. Taliese Fuaga
8. JPJ
9. JC Latham
10.  Jared Verse

I want to be clear that the gap between most of these players isn't large and I have different reasons for my rankings.  I view Brock Bowers as the most decorated and best tight end ever in the draft.  I don't care about his position, call him receiver, running back, tight end.  

I have Quinyon Mitchell graded in the same tier as guys like Revis and Sauce.  

Johnny Newton I think has the potential to be an all-pro player in the NFL, I don't know why he's sliding on boards, but his tape puts him in the geno atkins tier

Latu is the most polished edge player I've seen since Bosa

Troy Fautanu will be an All pro guard in the NFL, I think he can play at a very high level at tackle as well, but put him at left guard and that guy is a star.

Byron Murphy is a complete DT similar to Suh, with extremely powerful legs and he has a large skeletal frame that translates well to building mass.  Rotate him at 3tech and shade 1 tech and just eat

Fuaga is strong and mean, I love his playstyle, but I think his ideal spot is right-guard

Jackson Powers Johnson is Travis Frederick, best center in the draft

JC Latham is a guy I'm warming too, but he still has a lot of technical flaws and I'm concerned with his feet.  I only put him on this list because I think he grip strength and lockdown strength is probably the best in the class.

Jared Verse is a guy I really like and I think maybe I should have him higher, I like that he comes from a stable family with a father whose active in his life and he had a structured upbringing in dayton ohio.  His playstyle is very similar to Trey Hendrickson which I love

Edit, I realized after doing the list that I left Mims off, I think Mims is the highest upside tackle in the draft, its hard for me to know where exactly he goes on this list, so I will just highlight him here

Newton is sliding because of medicals.  He didn't participate in Illinois' pro day, instead hosting his own at a later date, and he still didn't test.  Actually, three of your Top 10 have medical flags (Latu and JPJ being the others).

I can't put Mitchell up there simply because of the low level of competition he faced in the MAC.  It makes him very tough to project.  
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 11:41 PM)depthchart Wrote: .

They are QB Caleb Williams, QB Jayden Daniels, QB Drake Maye, WR Marvin Harrison JR, WR Rome Odunze, WR Malik Nabors, OT Joe Alt, 
OLB Dallas Turner.

1. TE Brock Bowers
 2. OT JC Latham
 3. DT Byron Murphy II
 4. OT Taliese Fuaga
 6. WR Brian Thomas Jr
 7. OT Amarius Mims
 8. Corner Terrion Arnold
 9. DE Laitau Latu
10. DE Jared Verse

*Mine is not pure BPA but a mixture of BPA and need & still subject to change even this close to the Draft*  

Well done, mine in preference...

1 - Brock Bowers TE
2 - Amarius Mims OT
3 - Byron Murphy DT
4 - Troy Fautanu OT/OG
5 - JC Latham OT
6 - Taliese Fuaga OT/OG 
7 - Graham Barton C/G
8 - Brian Thomas Jr WR
9 - Jared Verse DE
10 - Johnny Newton DT
Reply/Quote
1. Olumuyiwa Fashanu (Run up there if he is on the board. Hasn't given up a sack in two years. Quality individual and consensus All-American who returned for another year when would have been top ten last year.) Could the Bengals be considering moving up for him?
2. Brock Bowers
3. Byron Murphy II
4. JC Lathum
5. Brian Thomas Jr.
6. Taliese Fuaga
7. Quinyon Mitchell
8. Amarius Mims
9. Troy Fautanu
10. Chop Robinson
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 03:00 PM)Nepa Wrote: 1. Olumuyiwa Fashanu  (Run up there if he is on the board. Hasn't given up a sack in two years. Quality individual and consensus All-American who returned for another year when would have been top ten last year.) Could the Bengals be considering moving up for him?
2. Brock Bowers
3. Byron Murphy II
4. JC Lathum
5. Brian Thomas Jr.
6. Taliese Fuaga
7. Quinyon Mitchell
8. Amarius Mims
9. Troy Fautanu
10. Chop Robinson

With Fashanu and Alt I just don't see them being around long which is why I don't even mention them. They should be the first OL taken.

But that is a thought if the Lou and the FO are really high on Fashanu as they should be.

You have Chop Robinson over Jared Verse?
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 03:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: With Fashanu and Alt I just don't see them being around long which is why I don't even mention them. They should be the first OL taken.

But that is a thought if the Lou and the FO are really high on Fashanu as they should be.

You have Chop Robinson over Jared Verse?

I had them neck and neck and decided to go with Chop Robinson because he's two-years younger, insanely athletic, huge upside, insane burst, non-stop motor, and because I had underestimated Micah Parsons and was not about to make the same mistake with a PSU player. He was in the 97th percentile for edge defenders in terms of his 10-yard split. When he was on the field he was dominating. 

But, push comes to shove, if I were GM I'd probably pick Verse, just to save myself from the grief I would receive when the pick was made. Because Verse is ready now and Chop Robinson needs more seasoning. He is only 21, and Verse will soon be turning 24.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 03:30 PM)Nepa Wrote: I had them neck and neck and decided to go with Chop Robinson because he's two-years younger, insanely athletic, huge upside, insane burst, non-stop motor, and because I had underestimated Micah Parsons and was not about to make the same mistake with a PSU player. He was in the 97th percentile for edge defenders in terms of his 10-yard split. When he was on the field he was dominating. 

But, push comes to shove, if I were GM I'd probably pick Verse, just to save myself from the grief I would receive when the pick was made. Because Verse is ready now and Chop Robinson needs more seasoning. He is only 21, and Verse will soon be turning 24.

Good stuff Nepa, I haven't studied up on Chop Robinson near as much as Verse so this definitely helps, and I sure am open to him
because of what you say here. I underestimated Micah Parsons myself. Forgot Verse will soon be turning 24, but he sure would be a
great one for pushing the pocket with his crazy strength.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 01:15 PM)Whatever Wrote: Newton is sliding because of medicals.  He didn't participate in Illinois' pro day, instead hosting his own at a later date, and he still didn't test.  Actually, three of your Top 10 have medical flags (Latu and JPJ being the others).

I can't put Mitchell up there simply because of the low level of competition he faced in the MAC.  It makes him very tough to project.  

I don’t speculate on medical, I’m only grading the player

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:18 AM)Whatever Wrote: 1.Olumuyiwa Fashanu -The #1 graded T in this class for a long while. When the HC says someone is "high production , low maintenance", that's a guy you want on your football team.

3.Brian Thomas Jr -Led the nation in TD's playing in a conference stacked with NFL prospects at CB. 9.97 RAS is 10th highest all time amongst WR's.

4.Tyler Guyton -Most will disagree with me, but despite the rawness, the upside is immense. Showed a lot of improvement at the Senior Bowl.

Olu is a left tackle only, guyton is my 15th ranked ol player, chop Robinson is a huge bust potential, Kingsley is not a first round talent. We just view everything differently lol

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 11:41 PM)depthchart Wrote: .

OLB Dallas Turner.

1. TE Brock Bowers
 2. OT JC Latham
 3. DT Byron Murphy II
 4. OT Taliese Fuaga
 6. WR Brian Thomas Jr
 7. OT Amarius Mims
 8. Corner Terrion Arnold
 9. DE Laitau Latu
10. DE Jared Verse

Id have a top 8 and completely remove bowers and Brian Thomas. If u think a protected burrow and jamar chase with a solid defense can’t win a ship ur high. Why bowers or Thomas get mentioned just baffles me. Make sure burrow is upright and watch what happens. Stop with the “yea but just imagine if we had bowers”. No. Stop it lol
Reply/Quote
Nobody is "sliding" on boards right now - unless something legal or medical surfaces (which the medical wouldn't)

The up/down stuff is all media created. Teams know how they have their boards stacked at this point. A guy may go much lower than expected simply because a team he was a good fit for didn't end up taking him.

I had a chance to talk to a guy I went to high school with that was a GM in the league recently and he laughed at the notion that guys were sliding. Guys will move up and go earlier simply because of the way the board falls on draft night (an early run on a position)
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 03:54 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Id have a top 8 and completely remove bowers and Brian Thomas.  If u think a protected burrow and jamar chase with a solid defense can’t win a ship ur high.  Why bowers or Thomas get mentioned just baffles me.  Make sure burrow is upright and watch what happens.  Stop with the “yea but just imagine if we had bowers”. No.  Stop it lol

You seem easily baffled.   Wub

Enlighten us with your Top 10 Big Board.

Maybe word of it will get back to the Bengals before they make a Bowers or Thomas mistake.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 03:54 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Id have a top 8 and completely remove bowers and Brian Thomas.  If u think a protected burrow and jamar chase with a solid defense can’t win a ship ur high.  Why bowers or Thomas get mentioned just baffles me.  Make sure burrow is upright and watch what happens.  Stop with the “yea but just imagine if we had bowers”. No.  Stop it lol

And yet you didn't draft an OL until the end of the third in your Final Mock.
Reply/Quote
If I assume those 8 are off the board, my top 10 list would be:

Quinyon Mitchell
Brock Bowers
Taliese Fuaga
Olu Fashanu
Amarius Mims
Johnny Newton
Byron Murphy
JC Latham
Troy Fautanu (If the coaches believe he can stick at tackle and can transition from LT to RT).
Terrion Arnold

I know it's weird to see a CB at the top of our board, but I think Mitchell has lock down super star #1 Revis Island level potential. He hits literally every metric. Perfect height and weight (6'0", 195 lbs), speed (4.33 40), Athleticism (9.78 RAS), elite production (91.5 PFF grade, 6 career INT, 3 of which were pick sixes, 51.1 and 34.8 passer ratings allowed in the last two years, most incompletions forced in all of FBS the past two seasons), he doesn't miss many tackles (9.8% missed tackle rate, which is 10th best in the entire class) and he had an exceptional Senior Bowl where he was clearly the best player there.

For all these reasons, it would be idiotic if he were still there and even more idiotic if we didn't take him.

Bowers speaks for himself. A weapon that would revolutionize this offense. It would also be shocking if he were there at 18.

Fuaga is the best RT prospect in this draft, in my opinion. He's got the power, balance and size without looking overly sluggish in pass protection. 0 sacks allowed and only 5 hits allowed in 734 career pass block snaps. His main weakness is his arms are 1" too short for some people to consider him a guaranteed tackle prospect (34"). He just seems like exactly what we need.

Fashanu is also elite as a pass blocker, but he's worse than Fuaga as a run blocker. He also has the added factor of being a LT who will have to move to RT. And we are all collectively scarred by Jackson Carman, so he falls right behind Fuaga.

Mims is the final OT I'd take over the 2 DTs, and it's because he has the size and speed combination that should not exist. I don't think he has any fat on his body. "Sculpted by the Gods" kind of body. And his play reflects that, giving up 0 sacks and 0 hits, with only 6 hurries (Fuaga allowed 18 hurries) in 402 career pass blocking snaps. Now, obviously 402 and 734 are far apart, which is why Mims is down here, but if Mims had another 5 to 10 career games under his belt at the same production, he'd be a top 10 pick guaranteed, so I see this as a bargain opportunity.

Newton = Atkins and I don't care if that's reductive.

Murphy = Atkins kind of and I don't care if that's reductive. Give me pass rushing DTs that can hold up in the run game and I'm a happy fan.

Latham and Fautanu have kind of opposite problems. Latham is big and strong and anchors well against power rushers, but may struggle with speed rushers. Fautanu is athletic enough for the fast pass rushers but may struggle with anchor against stronger pass rushers. Fautanu also has the LT to RT transition anxiety that Jackson Carman created in Bengals fans.

And then Arnold is a similar prospect to Mitchell regarding the potential to be a true shut down corner, with the exception of speed, where he had a non-ideal 4.50 40. Everything else about his profile is fantastic though and either one would complete our CB room.
Reply/Quote
1. Latu
2. Latham
3. Fashanu
4. Fuanga
5. Barton
6. Verse
7. Murphy
8. Bowers
9. Newton
10. Mims
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 05:17 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: 1. Latu
2. Latham
3. Fashanu
4. Fuanga
5. Barton
6. Verse
7. Murphy
8. Bowers
9. Newton
10. Mims

Would Latu have been on Top of your list a few days ago prior to the Trey Hendrickson trade request ?
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 05:25 PM)depthchart Wrote: Would Latu have been on Top of your list a few days ago prior to the Trey Hendrickson trade request ?

Yes. Within this locus of players, I believe him to be the BPA. 
Reply/Quote