Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
How about AJ McCarron
With Burfict, Jones, Hill and Marvin Lewis getting the spot light from last night's meltdown it's hard to think about anyone else.

However, AJ McCarron, despite some mistakes and fumbles early played a decent second half and moved the ball. He also had some nice pinpoint passes to put us ahead. He didn't panic or fold or chuck it up in desperation. For a guy in his 4th start I think he handled himself pretty well. He's going to be an asset for the Bengals.

Just thought he deserved some credit for what he did right and helping them get into a position to win.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
He did alright. Missed a few throws though and had a bad interception. He's just what he is though, a backup.
Reply/Quote
He played about as well as any QB can play in the post-season under Marvin.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 01:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He played about as well as any QB can play in the post-season under Marvin.

he had a better QB rating than the starter has had in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 01:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He played about as well as any QB can play in the post-season under Marvin.

(01-10-2016, 01:56 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: he had a better QB rating than the starter has had in the playoffs.

Yep, and what I noticed was that his play elevated in the second half. That's something new from a Bengals QB in the playoffs. Scored more points last night in the second half than the last 4 playoff teams combined.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 01:56 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: he had a better QB rating than the starter has had in the playoffs.
He did a good job but it was obvious from last night, he has little touch on the short passes... Dalton was missed for sure last nite but we were in position to win and that is all you can ask of any QB late in the game.
Reply/Quote
I was really impressed with him. 4th NFL start. In the playoffs against an absolutely NASTY defense and the kid hung in there and gave them a chance to win. He was every bit as good as the HOF guy on the other side of the ball. His teammates let him down. I don't see a negative in him and think that he has just as high a ceiling as Dalton does.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 01:51 PM)BengalChris Wrote: With Burfict, Jones, Hill and Marvin Lewis getting the spot light from last night's meltdown it's hard to think about anyone else.

However, AJ McCarron, despite some mistakes and fumbles early played a decent second half and moved the ball. He also had some nice pinpoint passes to put us ahead. He didn't panic or fold or chuck it up in desperation. For a guy in his 4th start I think he handled himself pretty well. He's going to be an asset for the Bengals.

Just thought he deserved some credit for what he did right and helping them get into a position to win.
Considering all things, I think young AJM did very well! Late in the game he was poised and proved the post season isn't too big for him.
It's good to know we have a viable option at QB.
Good job AJM ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:07 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Considering all things, I think young AJM did very well! Late in the game he was poised and proved the post season is not too big for him. It's good to know we have a viable option at QB.
Good job AJM ThumbsUp

I agree it is good to know we have a viable option QB....  I would not trade AJM, we need him to continue to back up Dalton  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
His pocket awareness sucks.

AJ 'Pocket' McCarron.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
First half the run game couldnt get going plus he didnt look good either.

But he was awesome in the 4th quarter under the circumstances. He had no Gio for one, weather still a bit crappy, on the ropes ready to get knocked out. And somehow we had the lead with under 2 minutes to go when we were down 15-0 in the playoffs.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Regularly held the ball WAY to long and made way to many high throws, including the one Gio got killed on (not sure that he would have been able to dodge it had it been lower though).
Reply/Quote
It was nice to see a QB play a good second half for us in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:04 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He did a good job but it was obvious from last night, he has little touch on the short passes... Dalton was missed for sure last nite but we were in position to win and that is all you can ask of any QB late in the game.

He led a game winning drive in a playoff game.  What happened after that was not his fault.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:21 PM)McC Wrote: He led a game winning drive in a playoff game.  What happened after that was not his fault.

Where did I say the fumble was his fault ?  I was at the game and I thought he did a good job but it was obvious he has little touch and missed some simple throws .. it is also obvious he is not at the level of Dalton, that is not a knock on him since Dalton is a top 10 Qb in the league
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Where did I say the fumble was his fault ?  I was at the game and I thought he did a good job but it was obvious he has little touch and missed some simple throws .. it is also obvious he is not at the level of Dalton, that is not a knock on him since Dalton is a top 10 Qb in the league

You didn't.  I didn't say you did.  I was agreeing with you that he put us in position to win.  His night was far from perfect but he gutted it out and got the job done.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
His accuracy was shit, but then again it was raining. I think he kept his cool and didn't fold in the spotlight.
Reply/Quote
He led them down the field when it mattered. Kudos to him. Kid is a player.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:30 PM)McC Wrote: You didn't.  I didn't say you did.  I was agreeing with you that he put us in position to win.  His night was far from perfect but he gutted it out and got the job done.

sorry when you responded with "it was not his fault" to my post, I took it that way.. I think he has a future in NFL... with injuries to so many QBs, I would not trade him keep him for next year for sure
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:33 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: He led them down the field when it mattered. Kudos to him. Kid is a player.

I agree he can play in the NFL, im not going to Knight him as a great QB... as I stated before, I like knowing if Dalton is hurt, AJM still gives use a chance to win.... Next year though, we will need Dalton's skills even more with the lose of some key players.
Reply/Quote