Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
0-1-1
Lol you sorry sacks of turds. Bust out Ben’s walking boot.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 05:34 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Lol you sorry sacks of turds. Bust out Ben’s walking boot.

They better shore up that shitty D or else Pitt is gonna give up more points than anyone else in the central this year.  42 on your home turf today, 21 last week to the lowly browns in a monsoon.  Not good

Ben wont survive throwing 70 passes a game...not that I care.
Reply/Quote
You know, all things considered (injuries aside), this week went about as well as we could have ever possibly hoped.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 05:34 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Lol you sorry sacks of turds. Bust out Ben’s walking boot.

Ben's fine...as long as he can improvise and keep the team in it.

D stinks.
Coaching stinks.

Nothing changed since last season...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 06:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: Ben's fine...as long as he can improvise and keep the team in it.

You mean like throwing forward touchdown passes after he passes the line of scrimmage? The refs tried to keep the Stealers in it today, but they suck to bad....
Reply/Quote
Mahomes had more TD passes than incomplete passes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 07:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You mean like throwing forward touchdown passes after he passes the line of scrimmage? The refs tried to keep the Stealers in it today, but they suck to bad....

Even when the Bengals are ahead of the Steelers Bengal fans complain about the refs.... Cool
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 06:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: Ben's fine...as long as he can improvise and keep the team in it.

D stinks.
Coaching stinks.

Didn't watch Tomlin's presser.

I'm guessing he says the offense is fine because of our point total, regardless of how they played situationally.

I'm also guessing it's the players' fault we started slow because they didn't execute. Of the 8-10 slow starts we have every year for the last 12 years, all have been squarely on the players for not executing better. 
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 07:20 PM)GMDino Wrote: Even when the Bengals are ahead of the Steelers Bengal fans complain about the refs.... Cool

Think of it as calling a spade a spade. They got away with quite a few to end the half, including your fat shit d-lineman driving his weight down on Mahomes (even though that rule is ***** idiotic).
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 07:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You mean like throwing forward touchdown passes after he passes the line of scrimmage? The refs tried to keep the Stealers in it today, but they suck to bad....

I believe his foot was behind. Dan Fouts is a moron. It’s the whole body and the ball.

Then we had Dan trying to figure out if and to who KC should throw to on 3rd at the end of the game with like 50 secs left and the Steelers no TOs.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 08:01 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Think of it as calling a spade a spade. They got away with quite a few to end the half, including your fat shit d-lineman driving his weight down on Mahomes (even though that rule is ***** idiotic).

Browns did worse to Ben last week and it was flagged, but then the league said it shouldn't have been a flag. Whether or not it's a flagged is going to depend on the qb being hit and in which direction it will sway the game. 

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 08:01 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Think of it as calling a spade a spade. They got away with quite a few to end the half, including your fat shit d-lineman driving his weight down on Mahomes (even though that rule is ***** idiotic).

Not to mention the OL holding every ply. They kept mentioning th I Chiefs could get pressure, but they didn’t see the jerseys being held?
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 08:05 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Not to mention the OL holding every ply.  They kept mentioning th I Chiefs could get pressure, but they didn’t see the jerseys being held?

Holding happens all the time. I don't even notice when teams get away with that shit.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 08:04 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Browns did worse to Ben last week and it was flagged, but then the league said it shouldn't have been a flag. Whether or not it's a flagged is going to depend on the qb being hit and in which direction it will sway the game. 

That's kind of the point. The refs wanted to keep the Steelers in it and let them get away with one.

It's a dumb rule with too much ticky tacky BS. If you're gonna make a rule that stupid, you need to call it consistently.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 08:03 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I believe his foot was behind. Dan Fouts is a moron. It’s the whole body and the ball.

Then we had Dan trying to figure out if and to who KC should throw to on 3rd at the end of the game with like 50 secs left and the Steelers no TOs.

He immediately screamed the ball has to be behind the line or it's a penalty.

I assumed it was a new rule change I hadn't heard of because that was never the rule previously. Nope, no rule change. Just Fouts making things up. Like that's not even confusing a rule or something - he just made up something and insisted it was true. He had no doubts about it either.

He was very, very surprised that the Steelers went for 2 after their TD when they were down by exactly 2 after scoring said TD. 
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 08:08 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: That's kind of the point. The refs wanted to keep the Steelers in it and let them get away with one.

Yeah, definitely
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 08:01 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Didn't watch Tomlin's presser.

I'm guessing he says the offense is fine because of our point total, regardless of how they played situationally.

I'm also guessing it's the players' fault we started slow because they didn't execute. Of the 8-10 slow starts we have every year for the last 12 years, all have been squarely on the players for not executing better. 

Does Tomlin understand that it's his job to get the players to execute?
Reply/Quote

D stinks.
Coaching stinks.

You forgot special teams. They suck too.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

It was close, but it's not reviewable.

I hate the new roughing rule.  Said last week that it shouldn't have been called on Cleveland.

(09-16-2018, 08:03 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I believe his foot was behind. Dan Fouts is a moron. It’s the whole body and the ball.

Dan Fouts is just plain bad.  There are very few good color men calling NFL games.

(09-16-2018, 08:08 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: That's kind of the point. The refs wanted to keep the Steelers in it and let them get away with one.

It's a dumb rule with too much ticky tacky BS. If you're gonna make a rule that stupid, you need to call it consistently.

The refs don't call anything constantly.  I didn't watch any of the first half but the few plays I saw in the second half they were "letting them play" unless there was a big play then the flags flew.

(09-16-2018, 08:14 PM)Whatever Wrote: Does Tomlin understand that it's his job to get the players to execute?

Steelers fans are told to never question Tomlin.  But you are correct.  They are rarely prepared and often poorly coached.

(09-16-2018, 08:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You forgot special teams. They suck too.

Yeah, weird with the PK, but our punter was never that great.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, what does Fouts know about that rule, he just played QB in the NFL for 14 years and is in the Hall of Fame....
Reply/Quote