Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surgery Successful
(12-05-2020, 12:54 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Comparing him with Palmer's timeline doesn't exactly work.

Palmer came back to start the season with
LT Jones
LG Steinbach w rookie Whitworth
C Braham
RG Williams
RT Anderson
TE Reggie Kelly

Compare that to Burrow's line next year and then you will see why the two timelines should not match up. Palmer limped for months behind that line before he was even close to normal. He could be back in time to start the season but I'm expecting on a mid-season return or nothing next year from Burrow.

For this reason, among others, I do not want to see Joe Burrow back under center until 2022. If Joe plays behind the same offensive line in 2021 the exact same thing will happen to him all over again. Sometimes the truth is hard to accept but the Cincinnati Bengals do not have a solid supporting cast around Joe Burrow and by this I mean both players and coaches.

Albert Einstein once defined insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2020, 10:46 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: For this reason, among others, I do not want to see Joe Burrow back under center until 2022. If Joe plays behind the same offensive line in 2021 the exact same thing will happen to him all over again. Sometimes the truth is hard to accept but the Cincinnati Bengals do not have a solid supporting cast around Joe Burrow and by this I mean both players and coaches.

Albert Einstein once defined insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=7955986]

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2020, 10:57 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif?itemid=7955986]

Honest question: Do you want Joe Burrow to have a long and successful career with lots of playoff wins and Super Bowl appearances?
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2020, 11:07 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Honest question: Do you want Joe Burrow to have a long and successful career with lots of playoff wins and Super Bowl appearances?

I think you meant dumb question. Suggesting we should hold Burrow out for the entirety of 2021 is ridiculous. The OL won’t look the same when he gets back anyway. We’ll likely have Sewell at one of the OT spots, and could very well have a FA OG replacing Michael Jordan. He’s been benched twice in two years, they clearly realize he’s a problem.

I want to see Joe Burrow back on the field as soon as he’s physically able. I can’t even imagine how pissed he’d be if he was held out of games he could be playing.

Reply/Quote
I good thing is he is young. Young people heal faster than 40 year olds. The bad is our med staff says 9 months which we all know could turn into 9 years. I trust their word like a politician.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2020, 10:46 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: For this reason, among others, I do not want to see Joe Burrow back under center until 2022. If Joe plays behind the same offensive line in 2021 the exact same thing will happen to him all over again. Sometimes the truth is hard to accept but the Cincinnati Bengals do not have a solid supporting cast around Joe Burrow and by this I mean both players and coaches.

Einstein didn’t say that quote about insanity. And Palmer was injured despite playing behind that line. I don’t want to see the same offensive line next year which is why I hope they upgrade the oline. And I hope to see Burrow playing next year behind an improved oline. I hope to see a new coaching staff and better ownership, too, but that’s a bridge too far.
Reply/Quote
People constantly bash the Bengals medical staff, but in reality Nick Cosgray is very well thought of, and Paul Sparling won the NFL Fain Cain Outstanding Athletic Trainer award for 2020. I'm not making any prediction, but my money is on Burrow running onto the field game 1.
Reply/Quote
wonderful
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I just hope the Bengals ineptitude doesn’t cut a sure fire prospect’s career short. They are already on a great pace to do that and we all saw it coming. Poor strategy. You make your own luck for the most part. The Bengals have terrible luck for a reason.

Hope they learn from their mistakes and get the offensive line together, as well as protect Burrow with the running game.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 12:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not making any prediction, but my money is on Burrow running onto the field game 1.

Lol. ‘I’m not making any predictions, but here is my prediction.’

Given you’re track record of disinformation and general incorrectness, you’re posts are not reliable or well informed
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2020, 10:46 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: For this reason, among others, I do not want to see Joe Burrow back under center until 2022.  If Joe plays behind the same offensive line in 2021 the exact same thing will happen to him all over again.  Sometimes the truth is hard to accept but the Cincinnati Bengals do not have a solid supporting cast around Joe Burrow and by this I mean both players and coaches.

If you are going to gauge QBs on getting hurt .. he should just retire now. Also what game will Allen go down for the year with this line since you can predict it or next year when will he go down if he is the starter
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 12:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: People constantly bash the Bengals medical staff, but in reality Nick Cosgray is very well thought of, and Paul Sparling won the NFL Fain Cain Outstanding Athletic Trainer award for 2020. I'm not making any prediction, but my money is on Burrow running onto the field game 1.

That's because people here only pay attention to the few cases where someone doesn't come back on time and not all the others who stay healthy/get healthy when they're supposed to. 

They also pay no attention to what actually goes on with other teams, their injuries, and medical staff. 

The Joe Mixon injury could easily have been worsened by him being careless. Such as being seen dancing around on the sideline at practice. 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 10:26 AM)Wire22Wire Wrote: Lol. ‘I’m not making any predictions, but here is my prediction.’

Given you’re track record of disinformation and general incorrectness, you’re posts are not reliable or well informed

You obviously don't understand the difference between betting on something and predicting something. Grow up.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 04:20 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He's simply a fast and effective healer; the swelling going down-enough in less than a week shows that he'll be healing well.

It's not about getting hopes up either, the reality is that he'll be back significantly-quicker from this than anyone thinks.

Fast often equals scar tissue.  Scar tissue is a mortal enemy post knee surgery as it will significantly limits range of motion and muscle flexibility.

We want effective healing.  If that takes a year it takes a year.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 12:26 PM)pally Wrote: Fast often equals scar tissue.  Scar tissue is a mortal enemy post knee surgery as it will significantly limits range of motion and muscle flexibility.

We want effective healing.  If that takes a year it takes a year.

Agree... no reason to rush him back.. might be good in short term but risk is greater in long term.  I predict pup to start out year.. depending how we are performing he might come off the pup and start or ease back into the games
Reply/Quote