Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surgery Successful
Wow they got him in and out of surgery really fast. Usually you hear it takes 6 weeks to get into surgery for this type of injury.

Is it a good sign that he was in surgery just 2 weeks after the injury?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 02:57 PM)Synric Wrote: Wow they got him in and out of surgery really fast. Usually you hear it takes 6 weeks to get into surgery for this type of injury.

They had to move quick.  Had they waited longer there was a high probability that he was going to lose the leg. Ninja
Reply/Quote
No need to rush him back. It's not like this team is going anywhere with Zac Taylor at the helm.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
"(Kremcheck) also made the point that rushing Burrow back would not be worth the risk for your franchise QB"

I agree with this. And if burrow has a weakness it may be pushing himself too hard and trying to come back too quick. We screwed up with not setting him up with adequate protection. Let's not compound it by letting him come back sooner than he should.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 02:57 PM)Synric Wrote: Wow they got him in and out of surgery really fast. Usually you hear it takes 6 weeks to get into surgery for this type of injury.

He's simply a fast and effective healer; the swelling going down-enough in less than a week shows that he'll be healing well.

It's not about getting hopes up either, the reality is that he'll be back significantly-quicker from this than anyone thinks.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 04:20 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He's simply a fast and effective healer; the swelling going down-enough in less than a week shows that he'll be healing well.

It's not about getting hopes up either, the reality is that he'll be back significantly-quicker from this than anyone thinks.

Would you please shut the hell up?

"He's simply a fast and effective healer."

"The reality is that he'll be back significantly-quicker from this than anyone thinks."

Oh, the reality is?  How in the hell would you know he'll be back quicker than anyone thinks?  Actual medical experts have his recovery at 9-12 months, yet you're kind enough to grace the board with the actual reality of the situation.  (It will be significantly quicker)

Oh, that's great, doc.  Define "significantly quicker" for me.  In your expert opinion when do you have him back?  (Fwiw, I trust you more than Dr. Tim Kremchick and Dr. James Andrews)

Right from the very get go, before even the extent of the injury was released, you've spewed more and more bs about this, and represent it all as simple fact.  

The fact of the matter is you're the world's biggest homer, and the bs way more than you ought to.  Because you want everything you say to be true you simply pretend it is.

I hope this kid is back come Sept.  It's 100% a possibility.  That's not one any of this about.  I just want you to please, please stop talking out of your ass.  You're making the entire board look bad.
Reply/Quote
[Image: source.gif]

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 05:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: source.gif]

I'm sorry.  I definitely could have reeled it in a bit.

I just got tired of reading bs presented as fact.  I can only imagine what someone like Breech, who is an actual Dr., thinks when he reads Truck make such confident and definitive statements about something he knows nothing about.

It's a joke.  I know it, and everyone else does too.

Again, my apologies.  I just had to get that out.  I feel better now.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 04:20 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He's simply a fast and effective healer; the swelling going down-enough in less than a week shows that he'll be healing well.

LOL!

'He's simply a fast and effective healer'

You are a riot. 
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 04:52 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Would you please shut the hell up?

"The reality is that he'll be back significantly-quicker from this than anyone thinks."

Oh, the reality is?  How in the hell would you know he'll be back quicker than anyone thinks?  Actual medical experts have his recovery at 9-12 months, yet you're kind enough to grace the board with the actual reality of the situation.  (It will be significantly quicker)

Oh, that's great, doc.  Define "significantly quicker" for me.  In your expert opinion when do you have him back?  (Fwiw, I trust you more than Dr. Tim Kremchick and Dr. James Andrews)

Right from the very get go, before even the extent of the injury was released, you've spewed more and more bs about this, and represent it all as simple fact.  

The fact of the matter is you're the world's biggest homer, and the bs way more than you ought to.  Because you want everything you say to be true you simply pretend it is.

I hope this kid is back come Sept.  It's 100% a possibility.  That's not one any of this about.  I just want you to please, please stop talking out of your ass.  You're making the entire board look bad.

the only reason he is doing it is to ingratiate himself with minority of fellow Bengal Homers on this board; he is just typing what he thinks they want to hear so they will perceive him knowledgable and positively. (It is weird, but that is what he's doing)   

He is also the clown who got me banned for a month because I thought him commenting on a women sportscaster as 'looking like she smothered olive oil all over her face' was a  rude comment.

Anyway, nice to be back, i missed a lot in 30 days.  
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 05:18 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: the only reason he is doing it is to ingratiate himself with minority of fellow Bengal Homers on this board; he is just typing what he thinks they want to hear so they will perceive him knowledgable and positively. (It is weird, but that is what he's doing)   

He is also the clown who got me banned for a month because I thought him commenting on a women sportscaster as 'looking like she smothered olive oil all over her face' was a  rude comment.

Anyway, nice to be back, i missed a lot in 30 days.  

?????

TF are you talking about? I wouldn't report someone for something like that...

(12-04-2020, 04:52 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Would you please shut the hell up?

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/28/cj-uzomah-rave-review-joe-burrows-rehab-comeback-efforts/

Quote:Here’s what Uzomah told Dan Hoard on the Bengals Booth Podcast about Burrow’s early comeback efforts:

“Today I saw him in there and he seems high-spirited. He was asking a bunch of questions about ‘Hey can I do this? If I try to flex this right now is that ok?’…

…And the trainer Nick was like…’yes? Does that not hurt?’ And he (Burrow) was like ‘No, it feels a lot better already today.’ …Nick came to help me out and he was like ‘That guy’s a beast. That’s insane that he’s…his pain tolerance has to be ridiculous for that.'”

There’s a long, long road ahead of Burrow given the severity of the injury, even if the team expects him to make a 100 percent recovery and play next season.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/04/joe-burrow-injury-recovery-timetable-doctors-discuss/

Quote:Funnily enough, Burrow would appear to be ahead of schedule based on a chat The Athletic’s Paul Dehner Jr. had with Dr. Riley Williams of the Brooklyn Nets:

“You have an ACL tear, most surgeons would say they wait anywhere from two-to-three weeks to have the surgery. If you have an MCL tear you may wait a little longer. You may wait four-to-six weeks for the injury to heal…”

Considering Bengals trainers were wowed by Burrow’s pain tolerance as he worked some rehab already — according to tight end C.J. Uzomah — maybe it isn’t a surprise Burrow has already undergone the operation and would seem to be slightly ahead of schedule.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/ex_nfl_team_doctor_offers_prediction_about_joe_burrows_recovery/s1_127_33411803

Quote:Dr. David Chao, who was the Chargers’ team physical for 17 seasons, offered an optimistic prognosis for Burrow during an appearance on Clay Travis’ Fox Radio show Wednesday. He said even with Burrow suffering a torn MCL and other knee damage in addition to the torn ACL, he believes the No. 1 overall pick can be ready to play come Week 1 next season. Chao said:

“I have optimism. A lot of people compared it to Carson Wentz who had an ACL, and ‘LCL’, which is a totally different story, because you’re literally doing surgery on two ligaments, where in an ACL/MCL, even if there’s a small PCL component, you’re really only re-constructing the ACL, and letting the MCL and PCL heal on its own. That is why I remain optimistic that Joe Burrow could be the starting quarterback for the Cincinnati Bengals Week 1 of 2021 … I don’t see the doom and gloom of, ‘Oh, my gosh, we won’t see him until 2022!’ This is NOT Teddy Bridgewater.”

A lot of that is obviously in-depth medical speak, but it sounds like Bengals fans need not panic. While Burrow’s injury has been described as worse than initially believed, he does not appear to be facing a rehab like the one Bridgewater or Alex Smith endured.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAVWR5aYpf4

Get informed and do some research, otherwise sit down and shut up.

I don't pass judgement often, but you are a sad excuse for a human being.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 05:11 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm sorry.  I definitely could have reeled it in a bit.

I just got tired of reading bs presented as fact.  I can only imagine what someone like Breech, who is an actual Dr., thinks when he reads Truck make such confident and definitive statements about something he knows nothing about.

When I had my tumor on my tongue removed, I was told to not eat solid food for at least 30 days and that it would not regenerate for a minimum of 60 days.

I was eating solid food in 8 days and my tongue fully-regenerated in 23 days.

The fact that he had the surgery in 1 week and the swelling went down in LESS than that ('cause they wouldn't have done the surgery otherwise), shows that he's a quick healer; anyone who has had major surgery on a body part and who has a decent grasp on health and wellness, can realise that.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 08:13 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: When I had my tumor on my tongue removed, I was told to not eat solid food for at least 30 days and that it would not regenerate for a minimum of 60 days.

I was eating solid food in 8 days and my tongue fully-regenerated in 23 days.

The fact that he had the surgery in 1 week and the swelling went down in LESS than that ('cause they wouldn't have done the surgery otherwise), shows that he's a quick healer; anyone who has had major surgery on a body part and who has a decent grasp on health and wellness, can realise that.

You're an expert on a ACL + MCL tear because you had a tumor removed on your tongue, and it healed quicker than expected?

Medical experts have put recovery at 9-12 months.  You, the resident expert on the board (had tongue surgery), have stated it would be, and I quote "significantly quicker".

So where do you have him, doc?  5 months?  6 months?  Please, let us all know.  We all look to you for your expertise and reassurance.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 07:58 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: ?????

TF are you talking about? I wouldn't report someone for something like that...

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/28/cj-uzomah-rave-review-joe-burrows-rehab-comeback-efforts/

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/04/joe-burrow-injury-recovery-timetable-doctors-discuss/

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/ex_nfl_team_doctor_offers_prediction_about_joe_burrows_recovery/s1_127_33411803

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAVWR5aYpf4

Get informed and do some research, otherwise sit down and shut up.

I don't pass judgement often, but you are a sad excuse for a human being.

I have done my research.  Want to know what that research consists of?  Listening to the opinions of medical doctors.

I don't need to peruse through 50 million different things, when the consensus seems to be somewhere between a 9-12 month recovery. 

I'm also smart enough to know that he's got a long road of rehab ahead of him, and there's any number of developments, both postive and negative that could occur, that could move this timetable both forward or backward.  So it would stupid to try to place an exact date on his return this early in this process.

Making pseudo guarantees that he will indeed be ready at any particular time this early is extremely foolish.  And pretending that your "research" (googling) is of any real value is boderline delusional.

No one knows when this kid will be back exactly.  Could be August, could be November.  And anyone that pretends to have extra insight that leads them to believe that it's going to be earlier or later than these two better be someone that's actually working with him through his recovery.  Or they better have a specialized degree and have done actual real research themselves.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 07:58 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/28/cj-uzomah-rave-review-joe-burrows-rehab-comeback-efforts/

This article speaks to pain tolerance and his rehab efforts.

What does any of this have to do with establishing a recovery timeline that differs from expert opinion?
Reply/Quote
“I have optimism. A lot of people compared it to Carson Wentz who had an ACL, and ‘LCL’, which is a totally different story, because you’re literally doing surgery on two ligaments, where in an ACL/MCL, even if there’s a small PCL component, you’re really only re-constructing the ACL, and letting the MCL and PCL heal on its own. That is why I remain optimistic that Joe Burrow could be the starting quarterback for the Cincinnati Bengals Week 1 of 2021 … I don’t see the doom and gloom of, ‘Oh, my gosh, we won’t see him until 2022!’ This is NOT Teddy Bridgewater.”

So it sounds like this doctor has set pretty much the exact say timeline has everyone else (9-12 months).

He could be ready for the beginning of the 2021 season. His injury is NOT Teddy Bridgewater's. Yeah, we pretty much already know this. This "research" has produced nothing that I didn't find in the initial estimates.

How is he going to be back significantly quicker than people think? What Dr. has come out and said he'll be out all of next year, cuz I haven't seen it.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 08:31 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I have done my research.  Want to know what that research consists of?  Listening to the opinions of medical doctors.

I don't need to peruse through 50 million different things, when the consensus seems to be somewhere between a 9-12 month recovery. 

I'm also smart enough to know that he's got a long road of rehab ahead of him, and there's any number of developments, both postive and negative that could occur, that could move this timetable both forward or backward.  So it would stupid to try to place an exact date on his return this early in this process.

Making pseudo guarantees that he will indeed be ready at any particular time this early is extremely foolish.  And pretending that your "research" (googling) is of any real value is boderline delusional.

No one knows when this kid will be back exactly.  Could be August, could be November.  And anyone that pretends to have extra insight that leads them to believe that it's going to be earlier or later than these two better be someone that's actually working with him through his recovery.  Or they better have a specialized degree and have done actual real research themselves.

1. You didn't even click on what I posted or even read what I posted; 1 quote from a rehab guy, 1 quote from an orthopedic doctor, 1 quote from a former NFL team doctor and 1 video from a Mayo Clinic doctor. Seems like I got the exact same research done in the same manner that you did.

*edit: I take that back. You actually did read something I wrote.

And, I'm not an orthopedist, thanks tips. But healing time is healing time, whether it is a tongue, knee, bone or anything; unless there is an underlying condition (which Joe doesn't have) or the person has diabetes (which Joe doesn't have), if they're a fast healer, they're a fast healer.

That isn't an opinion, it's science.

Therefore, putting two and two together, if Burrow has;

- been able to start moving/rehabbing without any pain
- had his surgery completed in 1/2 or, in this case, 1/4 of the standard time

That means he's a fast healer. I'm not delusional, I'm not in some fantasy world and bringing up my tongue, is my experience with healing process of the human body.

That's what precedent is for.

Regardless, I even wrote in my initial post, that "I've been saying along that he's a quick healer and not to get any hopes up or anything, I think hell be back in 8 months."

MY opinion, based on the research that I have made, going off of MY experience and PRECEDENT.

I never wrote that as gospel for people to eat up, I never proclaimed to be all-knowing, nor am I proclaiming to be smarter than anyone else.

As mentioned prior, I would think it is best to avoid each other, as you do nothing but disturb me and waste my time, unlike almost everyone else on here, whom I enjoy conversing with.

If something isn't fun or necessary, then it isn't worth doing and conversing with someone who posts with little class, is definitely not fun and CERTAINLY isn't necessary.

Leave me the **** alone and I will do the same, 'cause clearly I piss you off and it's never been my intention to piss people off and I despise conflict.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 05:11 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm sorry.  I definitely could have reeled it in a bit.

Not a doctor, I’m a PA.

Posted this before . . .

(11-26-2020, 02:27 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29638200/

The mean time for return to play is 305 days with a range of plus or minus almost 2 months.

Now that we know when the surgery occurred the mean return date would be approximately first week of October with a range of early August to early December. Optimistically, he could be ready to start the season. Pessimistically, he isn’t ready until early December. And at that point would they play him for month at the end of the season?

Because his injury is so similar to Palmer’s (as far as we know because they’ve still been a little vague with the extent of the injury), I’m hopeful he can start the season like Palmer did. But, that’s best case scenario. But, I would defer to the expertise of an orthopedist who knows more than I.
Reply/Quote
Comparing him with Palmer's timeline doesn't exactly work.

Palmer came back to start the season with
LT Jones
LG Steinbach w rookie Whitworth
C Braham
RG Williams
RT Anderson
TE Reggie Kelly

Compare that to Burrow's line next year and then you will see why the two timelines should not match up. Palmer limped for months behind that line before he was even close to normal. He could be back in time to start the season but I'm expecting on a mid-season return or nothing next year from Burrow.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Palmer also had a run game to come back and lean on.

The Oline will be adjusting and the run game's been nonexistent. Rushing Burrow back under these circumstances is a gamble.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote