Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Burrow Rehab time / QB options
(11-25-2020, 09:52 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Yeah, fans have a tendency to believe NFL players receiving NFL quality medical care will return at the earliest the prognosis calls for. Burrow’s injury is very similar to Palmer’s injury and if he doesn’t have any set backs and is as dedicated to rehab as Palmer it is reasonable to believe Burrow could be ready at the start of the season. That timeline is a helluva lot more reasonable than people claiming he won’t be ready until 2022.
Not that he wont be ready ... You cant rush something like this either.. I'd bet any thing if there was an over under on his return it would be week 8, 2021 season.. 
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 09:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Watson expressed some well wishes and prayers for Burrow, and said he could reach out to him since he also went through this. Which most of us thought was very classy, but one poster said he “seemed like a jerk.” Very bizarre.

WT actual F? I missed that one. That might be the craziest thing I've seen said on here. You know what that's saying....

Good on Deshaun by the way.... I've always liked that guy, ever since his Clemson days. He's such a good dude, and helluva player. He's like Warrick Dunn off the field. You can't get enough Warrick Dunn types in this world.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 09:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Even if he throws interceptions like crazy he is way better than about anyone else we could get most likely.

He's always been INT prone. But he also throws for A LOT of yards and at least as many TDs as INTs, and that's a lot! LOL

He was exciting to watch at FSU, but the tendency to turn it over was there even then.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 11:05 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Like Rich Braham and his bone bruise?  Braham didn’t return in a timely manner because the Bengals lies to the public about his injury. When a Bengals players don’t return according to fan expectations it’s usually because the Bengals weren’t forthcoming about the true nature of the injury.

There is so many of them..... People always blame the medical staff, but rehabbing seems to be a big part of it too... Listen,  I want Burrow back asap too, but not at the point where he isn't 100% and has some better Oline protection...
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 11:29 PM)Tony Wrote: There is so many of them..... People always blame the medical staff, but rehabbing seems to be a big part of it too... Listen,  I want Burrow back asap too, but not at the point where he isn't 100% and has some better Oline protection...

The take is, the Bengals don't always tell the truth about injuries. They never really have.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 10:29 PM)JSR18 Wrote: For what its worth, Finley can throw 3 to 4 picks a game. But yeah, I guess Jameis could find an acorn once in a while.

Did you see what I did there ...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

We need that acorn once in awhile...

(11-25-2020, 10:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And we’ve seen Taylor’s offense is basically just chucking it 40-60 times a game. Winston will throw a ton of picks, but he’ll also put up a ton of yds and TD’s.

Yep, better than Finley or whatev else we got.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 11:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: He's always been INT prone. But he also throws for A LOT of yards and at least as many TDs as INTs, and that's a lot! LOL

He was exciting to watch at FSU, but the tendency to turn it over was there even then.

Yes sir Wyche my good old buddy Noles fan.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 11:22 PM)Tony Wrote: Not that he wont be ready ...

You started this thread stating, “The consensus on 99% of them is he wont be back till 2022.”

Quote:You cant rush something like this either..

Sure you can . . . up to a point. ACL rupture were one career ending. Now they’re not. Improvements in surgical techniques have reduced the recovery time. Improvements in rehab techniques have reduced recovery times. In general NFL players recovery times are reduced compared to the general public for the same injury.

Quote:I'd bet any thing if there was an over under on his return it would be week 8, 2021 season.. 

You would be wrong.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29638200/

Quote: The mean time to RTP for athletes with ACL/MCL injuries was 305.1 ± 58.9 days,

The mean time for return to play is 305 days with a range of plus or minus almost 2 months.

Guess what? That’s not 2022. And Week 8 of 2021 would be the over. And there is still a scenario he could be ready for Week 1. And that’s based upon actual data from NFL players with multi ligament knee injuries.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 11:29 PM)Tony Wrote: There is so many of them..... People always blame the medical staff, but rehabbing seems to be a big part of it too... Listen,  I want Burrow back asap too, but not at the point where he isn't 100% and has some better Oline protection...

Which ligament did AJ Green rupture in his ankle last year?

Deltoid ligament? Or anterior talofibular ligament?
Reply/Quote