Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Burrow Rehab time / QB options
The current backup in Dallas is a FA next year and on a cheap contract.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:40 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Yes according to most analysts there is a chance he won’t be back until 2022.This is a devastating injury.I’ve seen quite a few of these injuries over the years,and this is as bad as I’ve seen.Joe Theisman’s,while Quaterbacking the Washington Redskins comes to mind.It was probably about as bad as Burrows injury.

Joe Theismann? Do you guys hear yourselves? It’s 2020 FFS. You think maybe they’ve made some advancements in this stuff in 35 years?

Reply/Quote
Here's the orthopedic surgeon that I trust the most when it comes to sports injuries:

https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/status/1331242724696092672

He thinks Burrow will be ok for 2021. Only time will tell, but that's what I've heard as well from orthopedic surgeons that I work with.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:40 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Yes according to most analysts there is a chance he won’t be back until 2022.This is a devastating injury.I’ve seen quite a few of these injuries over the years,and this is as bad as I’ve seen.Joe Theisman’s,while Quaterbacking the Washington Redskins comes to mind.It was probably about as bad as Burrows injury.

That was a compound fracture of the lower leg, and damn near 40 years ago. It's not even in the same ballpark. It's certainly not the same injury.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The current backup in Dallas is a FA next year and on a cheap contract.

Wouldn't he be getting a new contract then? The asking price may go up after rallying the team to a division title with 6 wins punctuated by an undressing of the Cincinnati Bengals in a coupla weeks. The current DE in Seattle is a free agent year after next too. That lazy cancer is earning every dime of that money, while we got some Megadeth looking reject, and a 7th in return.

This franchise... Lord have mercy!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 12:40 AM)jason Wrote: That was a compound fracture of the lower leg, and damn near 40 years ago. It's not even in the same ballpark. It's certainly not the same injury.

I can’t believe we are sitting here discussing how bad the injury is on Burrow.. It’s sad damn I can’t even think about it to much of I get so damn upset. We finally struck gold in getting a true MVP type player only to have him ripped right away from us by this incompetent FO and coaches.. I just can’t believe what’s being discussed on here compared to just a few short days ago.. I think actually hate this franchise now. They just ruined such a promising young mans future with just blatant stupidly. Even if Joe comes back , which I believe he will middle of next year he’s not ever gonna be what he could’ve been. And that just breaks my damn heart , this dude wasn’t just a pocket passer. Joe has the ability to extend plays and move pretty good and make some highlight type plays with his legs and that’s over. I’ve tried to stop caring about this team for so long but I keep coming back but I’m more disgusted over the handling of Joe than anything I’ve ever been through with this team. I haven’t had a good nights sleep since Saturday , I’m just heartbroken. How can we just keep putting ourselves through this kind of torture every year or every time things start to look up? I’m one sad ass Bengals fan right now
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 12:58 AM)Bengals731 Wrote: I can’t believe we are sitting here discussing how bad the injury is on Burrow.. It’s sad damn I can’t even think about it to much of I get so damn upset. We finally struck gold in getting a true MVP type player only to have him ripped right away from us by this incompetent FO and coaches.. I just can’t believe what’s being discussed on here compared to just a few short days ago.. I think actually hate this franchise now. They just ruined such a promising young mans future with just blatant stupidly. Even if Joe comes back , which I believe he will middle of next year he’s not ever gonna be what he could’ve been. And that just breaks my damn heart , this dude wasn’t just a pocket passer. Joe has the ability to extend plays and move pretty good and make some highlight type plays with his legs and that’s over. I’ve tried to stop caring about this team for so long but I keep coming back but I’m more disgusted over the handling of Joe than anything I’ve ever been through with this team. I haven’t had a good nights sleep since Saturday , I’m just heartbroken. How can we just keep putting ourselves through this kind of torture every year or every time things start to look up? I’m one sad ass Bengals fan right now

I think he's gonna be alright man. We're worked up, and that's cool. I didn't even see the game, and I saw the injury on a highlight, but it was quick. It didn't look good... Hell I just traded for Burrow in my fantasy league, and this was the first week I started him. I lost by less than 5 points... You know what that means.

Anyway. I think he comes back sooner than later, and he's the same guy we drafted. Deshsaun Watson relies on those legs too, and he's fine. Hell I'm pretty sure his teammate Will Fuller has an ACL surgery in his past, and he's still going. This ain't the end of Joe Burrow. It just sucks because we've been bitching about this line since week 1 of 2016, and feared something like this would happen.... Then it did.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Joe Flacco tore his ACL and MCL in 2015 at around the same time (November 2015). He returned in 2016 and started all 16 games.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 08:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Damn, it's like we have to write off next year already and we ain't done with this one? WTF?

EDIT: This is for realz 2020 carrying over to 2021. GEEEEEZ!

It's another ready make excuse for the Taylor excuse factory.

The guy shouldn't be coaching, anywhere.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:44 AM)BengalChris Wrote: It's another ready make excuse for the Taylor excuse factory.

The guy shouldn't be coaching, anywhere.

That’s harsh. I’m sure there’s some division II high schools that would love to have him.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:05 AM)Skans Wrote: Joe Flacco tore his ACL and MCL in 2015 at around the same time (November 2015). He returned in 2016 and started all 16 games.

We've listed several examples of similar situations, but some of us are acting like Burrow is on life support.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Burrow will probably never be the same again his knee was totally destroyed. Zac taylor can go **** himself

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 07:26 PM)Tony Wrote:  The consensus on 99% of them is he wont be back till 2022

LMAO Hilarious

So do you enjoy making yourself look stupid by saying stuff like this?

I would have taken you much more seriously if you had started out by saying "I found a video that says.  .  .  "  Instead of making up shit like "The consensus on 99%.  .  .  "

Your problem now is that people will not believe anything you say in the future.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 10:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: LMAO Hilarious

So do you enjoy making yourself look stupid by saying stuff like this?

I would have taken you much more seriously if you had started out by saying "I found a video that says.  .  .  "  Instead of making up shit like "The consensus on 99%.  .  .  "

Your problem now is that people will not believe anything you say in the future.

He doesn't watch the videos he posts; look on the last page, he posted the same video I did, which is wholly optimistic and is broken down by a physical science MD that works at the Mayo Clinic.

He just went around YT, found videos on the subject and just copied pasted them without even watching them.

Loudest blowhard of all the blowhards.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The current backup in Dallas is a FA next year and on a cheap contract.

I doubt Dalton comes back here unless we offer him all the money.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 08:52 PM)Tony Wrote: Ya. Alot of people don't seem to understand this.. You can't rush back from this serious of an injury. It's gonna take him alot of time to be confident again.. Hell, Genos wasnt this bad and look how long it took for him. On top of that, did he ever really look like himself again? All I'm saying is its 2 more years of losing if something isn't done at QB and if said QB balls out, he could be trade bait for high multiple picks or Burrow, depending how it goes..

The only good thing in comparison to Geno is for a defensive lineman, especially Geno, the push and leg drive is everything.  For a QB the most important things are the head (smarts) and arm.  Mobility is a bonus but Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have done pretty well without it.

It could be a lot worse I guess.  A devastating elbow or shoulder injury on his right arm would've been awful. 
Reply/Quote
Worst case scenario, this injury limits his mobility and he has to become more of a true pocket passer.

Which brings us right back around to the crux of the matter: we need to fix the offensive line. His mobility and elusiveness helped mask the deficiencies on the line, and even then he was still getting hit A LOT. If he's going to be more of a statue now then it'll be even worse.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Joe is going to put in the work needed to be ready week 1 next season. He's not going to let any word from any YouTube Dr. stop him either. Sorry.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 11:37 AM)Takedown Wrote: Joe is going to put in the work needed to be ready week 1 next season. He's not going to let any word from any YouTube Dr. stop him either. Sorry.

The thing is, a lot of them are also saying he'll be back in about a year and should mostly be about the same. 

I swear some people are just on here trolling saying "99%" of them are basically saying his leg will need amputated. 
Reply/Quote
https://www.outkick.com/profootballdoc-injury-to-bengals-qb-joe-burrow-not-as-horrific-as-everyone-thinks/

By a doctor who has worked in the NFL and specifically with QBs with similar injuries. Every needs to stop acting like Burrow is on his deathbed.
Reply/Quote