Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Burrow Rehab time / QB options
(11-25-2020, 10:53 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Worst case scenario, this injury limits his mobility and he has to become more of a true pocket passer.

Which brings us right back around to the crux of the matter: we need to fix the offensive line. His mobility and elusiveness helped mask the deficiencies on the line, and even then he was still getting hit A LOT. If he's going to be more of a statue now then it'll be even worse.

Exactly. I keep hearing about how good our OT’s have been, but as soon as Burrow went out you saw a huge difference. You can’t expect him to be that elusive again right off the bat when he comes back. How about we get the absolute best 5 guys to protect him and not worry about hurting feelings or that we have serviceable players already in place.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 12:10 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: https://www.outkick.com/profootballdoc-injury-to-bengals-qb-joe-burrow-not-as-horrific-as-everyone-thinks/

By a doctor who has worked in the NFL and specifically with QBs with similar injuries. Every needs to stop acting like Burrow is on his deathbed.

I think this entire process has exposed just how little the general public knows/has any shred of competency, when it comes to sports injuries.

Again, I'm not a doctor or anything close to it, but I at least have some common-sense.

"But it's an MCL too, which makes it worse!" Seeing that be posted everywhere (or PCL) is just hilarious; people have no concept of healing time or what the actual tissues do (and it's not hard to look up either).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’d probably just get called a jerk too like Watson just was...

I'm lost here...fill me in.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Joe Theismann? Do you guys hear yourselves? It’s 2020 FFS. You think maybe they’ve made some advancements in this stuff in 35 years?

I hope that post was sarcasm....lol. Theismann had a compound fracture, the bone protruded through his sock. I saw it live. Gruesome doesn't begin to describe it.

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 08:09 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: What I'm really worried about is that we try and rush Joe back to quickly.
we all know that this year is finished and if they stick with Finlay as QB we will be picking 1st in 2022 as I can't see Joe playing next season at all unless its towards the end of next season

Joe's family wil not allow that. They'll also get 2nd and 3rd opinions if need be.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: I hope that post was sarcasm....lol. Theismann had a compound fracture, the bone protruded through his sock. I saw it live. Gruesome doesn't begin to describe it.

Remember Taylor jumping up and did he run towards redskins bench or just start waving ? Anyways you could tell it was very bad. 
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:00 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I hope that post was sarcasm....lol. Theismann had a compound fracture, the bone protruded through his sock. I saw it live. Gruesome doesn't begin to describe it.

It wasn't; people really have 0 concept about injuries and the like. That or they're just Chicken Littles.

(11-25-2020, 01:02 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Remember Taylor jumping up and did he run towards redskins bench or just start waving ? Anyways you could tell it was very bad. 

He waved, but it was frantic, clearly-concerned/serious waving.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 12:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Exactly. I keep hearing about how good our OT’s have been, but as soon as Burrow went out you saw a huge difference. You can’t expect him to be that elusive again right off the bat when he comes back. How about we get the absolute best 5 guys to protect him and not worry about hurting feelings or that we have serviceable players already in place.

I been preaching that since they rolled out the turds to replace Carson's original front. Then again in 2016.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:02 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Remember Taylor jumping up and did he run towards redskins bench or just start waving ? Anyways you could tell it was very bad. 

Yes, he jumped up immediately and waved to the trainers. Grabbed his own facemask in despair. He was very visibly shaken.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 12:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Exactly. I keep hearing about how good our OT’s have been, but as soon as Burrow went out you saw a huge difference. You can’t expect him to be that elusive again right off the bat when he comes back. How about we get the absolute best 5 guys to protect him and not worry about hurting feelings or that we have serviceable players already in place.

You can say that about the whole team. I heard about how good Boyd and Higgins were playing great (which they were) but they lookeded terrible after. Given what occurred, I'm not going to hold that second half against anyone. If they continue to look bad the rest of the year then I will start to worry more. 
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:40 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Yes according to most analysts there is a chance he won’t be back until 2022.This is a devastating injury.I’ve seen quite a few of these injuries over the years,and this is as bad as I’ve seen.Joe Theisman’s,while Quaterbacking the Washington Redskins comes to mind.It was probably about as bad as Burrows injury.
I also love how people think he's gonna make it back at the earliest point possible.. lol.. Like no one learned anything with Geno, AJ, and now Mixon and many more players to have setbacks, miss diagnosis, and whatever else causes it. This team has a bad track record with players coming back from injury.. I suspect they wont be good next year either, so it makes little sense to rush back from something like this. He has a long career ahead of him. He's young. Let him heal and be comfortable completely.. I repeat do not put him out there unless there is a new Tackle and guard on this team next year that is a high draft or top FA pick...
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:34 PM)Tony Wrote: I also love how people think he's gonna make it back at the earliest point possible.. lol.. Like no one learned anything with Geno, AJ, and now Mixon and many more players to have setbacks, miss diagnosis, and whatever else causes it. This team has a bad track record with players coming back from injury.. I suspect they wont be good next year either, so it makes little sense to rush back from something like this. He has a long career ahead of him. He's young. Let him heal and be comfortable completely.. I repeat do not put him out there unless there is a new Tackle and guard on this team next year that is a high draft or top FA pick...

Geno, AJ and Mixon didn't have surgery to fix the problem as quickly and safely as possible.

Credibility continues to go down...
Reply/Quote
I do NOT want Joe Burrow back under center until 2022 no matter what.

Here’s why:

Joe Burrow is a generational talent. He has potential GOAT-ness written all over him. I want him to have a long, quality career instead of a shorter one beset by injuries. It’s going to take that long for the Bengals to reverse their collective recto-cranial inversion and build a proper offensive line worthy of Joe Burrow. In the meantime I want Joe studying, working out, going through rehab, and sitting behind a yet unnamed veteran quarterback and being totally 100% mentally, physically, and emotionally to play at an elite level for many years.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:34 PM)Tony Wrote: I also love how people think he's gonna make it back at the earliest point possible.. lol.. Like no one learned anything with Geno, AJ, and now Mixon and many more players to have setbacks, miss diagnosis, and whatever else causes it. This team has a bad track record with players coming back from injury.. I suspect they wont be good next year either, so it makes little sense to rush back from something like this. He has a long career ahead of him. He's young. Let him heal and be comfortable completely.. I repeat do not put him out there unless there is a new Tackle and guard on this team next year that is a high draft or top FA pick...

They are ignoring everything they know about the Bengals "luck". 

There is no fairytale ending to this. There never is. If anything was going to be good for the Bengals we would have had a star QB for more than a year. Couldn't even enjoy that. So wish for one if you must, these "wishes" have never come true around here, not sure why everyone thinks it will now.

But it is what it is. It's going to be miserable in the jungle until 2022 or 2023 (and beyond, until the next rebuild).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 04:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: There is no fairytale ending to this. There never is. If anything was going to be good for the Bengals we would have had a star QB for more than a year. Couldn't even enjoy that. So wish for one if you must, these "wishes" have never come true around here, not sure why everyone thinks it will now.

You obviously were not around here in the '06 offseason.  Nothing but threads about how Palmer would never make it back by the start of the season, or he would NEVR ne the same.  Yet he not only played every single game in 2006 he also finished 2nd n td passes, 4th in passing yards, and 6th in passer rating.

Burrow will be back in 2021.  I guarantee it.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 04:31 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I do NOT want Joe Burrow back under center until 2022 no matter what.

2021 will be the third year of Taylor's "rebuild".  If they are not good by then then they won't ever be good with him as HC.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 04:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You obviously were not around here in the '06 offseason.  Nothing but threads about how Palmer would never make it back by the start of the season, or he would NEVR ne the same.  Yet he not only played every single game in 2006 he also finished 2nd n td passes, 4th in passing yards, and 6th in passer rating.

Burrow will be back in 2021.  I guarantee it.

He was not the same after that injury
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 06:53 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: He was not the same after that injury

He had just about as good stats in 2006, went to the playoffs and won a playoff game after his injury. Come on. 
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 06:53 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: He was not the same after that injury

What are you basing this statement off of? Fred gave stats to support his statement. What are you going to provide to support yours?
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 04:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 2021 will be the third year of Taylor's "rebuild".  If they are not good by then then they won't ever be good with him as HC.

According to you he wont be here in 2021 cause Dick LeBeau only lasted two "drafts". 

You changing your tune after all the shit you've been giving everyone else?
Reply/Quote