Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Burrow Rehab time / QB options
Listen guys, Burrow is my favorite player by far.. I just don't think with this injury that he will see any game time in 2021.. He has a long road ahead.. I also like the Idea of a vet QB for a year.. Blake Bortles? Darnold on 1 year deal?
Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/cAVWR5aYpf4
Another good doctor video..
Reply/Quote
A surgeon on Burrow...

https://youtu.be/HWy7KElf7vc
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 09:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: This is cracking me up how people are working themselves into a frenzy that Burrow isn't going to be back till 2051 and he'll never have kids again. 

No shit....hell I just read a tweet that he was looking at August 2021? 2020 is bad enough, do we REALLY need more bullshit piled on top of it? LOL.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Oh, YouTube.....

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 10:17 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote:  

No shit....hell I just read a tweet that he was looking at August 2021? 2020 is bad enough, do we REALLY need more bullshit piled on top of it? LOL.

Initial meltdowns are one thing (I was guilty myself), but now it’s time to return to rationality. Harder for some people than other’s though...

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 10:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Initial meltdowns are one thing (I was guilty myself), but now it’s time to return to rationality. Harder for some people than other’s though...

Heard that.... I've been guilty of em a time or three myself. LOL

Reply/Quote
It's way too early for this shit.

Chill out people. There is along time before we need to worry about this.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 09:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: This is cracking me up how people are working themselves into a frenzy that Burrow isn't going to be back till 2051 and he'll never have kids again. 

Word on the street is Joe was quite popular with the ladies, and has several lil half Creoles runnin' through the swamps in da bayou.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 07:26 PM)Tony Wrote: I been watching bunch of Doctor posted videos on Burrow. The consensus on 99% of them is he wont be back till 2022 because of the severity of the injury and structural damage..

You haven't watched jack shit, because this video (the only one that actually is credible) completely contradicts anything you wrote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAVWR5aYpf4

Not to mention, is THE DOCTORS THAT ACTUALLY EXAMINED HIM, have said that he'll be back in time for 2021.

Stop spreading misinformation FFS; your opinions (that aren't rooted in any reality or facts) are not what is actually happening and stop trying to force it on people.

EDIT** And then you just posted it:

(11-24-2020, 09:48 PM)Tony Wrote: https://youtu.be/cAVWR5aYpf4
Another good doctor video..

Do you actually watch what you're posting?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I hate to come on here and just spread my "heresay" but here's what I've heard from Orthopedists that I trust (I sell surgical implants and interact with these guys on a regular basis)

All of them said that Burrow will be back in a about 1 year - most thought it would be 10 months given his age and apparent work ethic. None of them thought he would have any issues getting back to 100% as a passer, but it may take a bit longer to do that as a runner.

Granted, none of these guys are on youtube, but I do trust their opinions has they have extensive experience in treating D1 football players.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 10:49 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I hate to come on here and just spread my "heresay" but here's what I've heard from Orthopedists that I trust (I sell surgical implants and interact with these guys on a regular basis)

All of them said that Burrow will be back in a about 1 year - most thought it would be 10 months given his age and apparent work ethic. None of them thought he would have any issues getting back to 100% as a passer, but it may take a bit longer to do that as a runner.

Granted, none of these guys are on youtube, but I do trust their opinions has they have extensive experience in treating D1 football players.

Ten months has him missing a coupla games next year tops. It's all speculation at this point. I'm expecting him back week 1 til I hear otherwise come late July or early August.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Every injury is different and every person heals differently. No one will know exactly how long it will take until Burrow is deep into the rehab process.

Now I do agree taking a later round QB to replace Finley is smart. Jamie Newman or Kellen Mond are a couple of good names that could be there at the top of the sixth round.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
As far as evaluating later round QB’s I don’t trust this staff one bit after trading up to draft Finley. Just sign a vet and be done with it.

Reply/Quote
Human body. Never know exactly how things will work out. There are of course averages, but you just can't know for sure. He may amaze the world ( a la Adrian Peterson coming back ), or the injury may dwell a bit longer than most. They haven't even cut him open yet, so what may be in 9 months is not crystal clear. Has a lot of things working in his favor, so I hope for the best.

Would be great if Carson Palmer was a Bengal/Burrow lover to be some extra support for Burrow. Not saying he needs it, just would be nice.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:25 PM)Destro Wrote: Human body. Never know exactly how things will work out. There are of course averages, but you just can't know for sure. He may amaze the world ( a la Adrian Peterson coming back ), or the injury may dwell a bit longer than most. They haven't even cut him open yet, so what may be in 9 months is not crystal clear. Has a lot of things working in his favor, so I hope for the best.

Would be great if Carson Palmer was a Bengal/Burrow lover to be some extra support for Burrow. Not saying he needs it, just would be nice.

He’d probably just get called a jerk too like Watson just was...

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 10:33 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You haven't watched jack shit, because this video (the only one that actually is credible) completely contradicts anything you wrote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAVWR5aYpf4

Not to mention, is THE DOCTORS THAT ACTUALLY EXAMINED HIM, have said that he'll be back in time for 2021.

Stop spreading misinformation FFS; your opinions (that aren't rooted in any reality or facts) are not what is actually happening and stop trying to force it on people.

EDIT** And then you just posted it:

Do you actually watch what you're posting?

I'll do as I please and there isn't shit you will do about it... People have messeged me are right about this board.  Some of you guys are some Grade A Douchebags..
Reply/Quote
These are all opinions no one is guaranteeing anything...
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 10:49 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I hate to come on here and just spread my "heresay" but here's what I've heard from Orthopedists that I trust (I sell surgical implants and interact with these guys on a regular basis)

All of them said that Burrow will be back in a about 1 year - most thought it would be 10 months given his age and apparent work ethic.  None of them thought he would have any issues getting back to 100% as a passer, but it may take a bit longer to do that as a runner.

This is what a messege board is.. Some of these guys are some egotistical douchebags here... I've been messeged over and over about it, and guess what the exact ones that were mentioned.
 Can't believe they let people treat and talk to people like this here..
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 07:26 PM)Tony Wrote: I been watching bunch of Doctor posted videos on Burrow. The consensus on 99% of them is he wont be back till 2022 because of the severity of the injury and structural damage.. I was watching some ESPN and they said something about cincy drafting another QB, but not until the 2and round.. I really really like Kyle Trask from Florida..Big, durable, accurate, and a huge arm.. If they went this route you could either trade Trask in a year or Burrow depending on how it all works out. Don't crucify me over this either. Just something to look into...

https://youtu.be/vrDK_Pc4mF0
Good video of a doctor on Burrows injury...

Yes according to most analysts there is a chance he won’t be back until 2022.This is a devastating injury.I’ve seen quite a few of these injuries over the years,and this is as bad as I’ve seen.Joe Theisman’s,while Quaterbacking the Washington Redskins comes to mind.It was probably about as bad as Burrows injury.
Reply/Quote