Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Burrow Rehab time / QB options
(11-25-2020, 07:11 PM)GodFather Wrote: According to you he wont be here in 2021 cause Dick LeBeau only lasted two "drafts". 

You changing your tune after all the shit you've been giving everyone else?

Sorry.  I thought FIK had mentioned Taylor still being here.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 06:53 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: He was not the same after that injury

That is not true.

Honestly his 2015 season for the Cardinals was superb - MVP worthy-  and probably still underrated as it did not end up in a SB run.

Palmer and Bruce Arians deep pass offense was a great fit ...he was not ringing up numbers in a dink and dunk offense there.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 07:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sorry.  I thought FIK had mentioned Taylor still being here.

Zac Taylor won’t succeed. Not here. Not anywhere. He’s employed far above his pay grade, Fred. He needed to be gone after one season, period. The Front Office will need to decide SOON to show Zac the door because he’s toxic to the team in general and to Joe Burrow in particular.

I was going to say something here but I think it deserves its own thread.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Someone mentioned Jameis Winston on one of the ESPN talk shows. I don't like Jameis, but that's probably about the caliber of placeholder we will be looking at. Even if Joe doesn't get back til November, nobody with options is going to come here to step aside when Joe is ready again. Jameis is going to be on his last gasp trying to resurrect his career. He's not getting a starting job. Maybe he takes a chance at having a good few games here and bolstering his stock.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 12:57 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I'm lost here...fill me in.

Watson expressed some well wishes and prayers for Burrow, and said he could reach out to him since he also went through this. Which most of us thought was very classy, but one poster said he “seemed like a jerk.” Very bizarre.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 09:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Watson expressed some well wishes and prayers for Burrow, and said he could reach out to him since he also went through this. Which most of us thought was very classy, but one poster said he “seemed like a jerk.” Very bizarre.

I didn't get that either... Seemed sincere as hell. Maybe it was because Watson did it in practice, but it doesn't change anything. He was in the same boat 3 years ago.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 08:56 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: It probably would be better to compare him to QBs who've had similar injuries, not a DT who uses their legs exponentially more on every play than a QB's lead leg. Looking at people like Wentz, Watson, Brady, Carson, etc. Not sure where we are getting this 2022. At worst he misses SOME games next year. We are not drafting another QB. An experienced vet, hopefully, new shiny QB to get injured again, no way. 

This, get a vet in case Burrow isn't ready to go but I bet he will do everything possible to be back next season for the opener.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 09:11 AM)jason Wrote: We've listed several examples of similar situations, but some of us are acting like Burrow is on life support.

He's got the dreaded Covid knee!!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 08:15 PM)samhain Wrote: Someone mentioned Jameis Winston on one of the ESPN talk shows. I don't like Jameis, but that's probably about the caliber of placeholder we will be looking at. Even if Joe doesn't get back til November, nobody with options is going to come here to step aside when Joe is ready again. Jameis is going to be on his last gasp trying to resurrect his career. He's not getting a starting job. Maybe he takes a chance at having a good few games here and bolstering his stock.

I would definitely be interested in Winston.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 09:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I would definitely be interested in Winston.

Even if he throws interceptions like crazy he is way better than about anyone else we could get most likely.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 04:31 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I do NOT want Joe Burrow back under center until 2022 no matter what.

Here’s why:

Joe Burrow is a generational talent.  He has potential GOAT-ness written all over him.  I want him to have a long, quality career instead of a shorter one beset by injuries.  It’s going to take that long for the Bengals to reverse their collective recto-cranial inversion and build a proper offensive line worthy of Joe Burrow.  In the meantime I want Joe studying, working out, going through rehab, and sitting behind a yet unnamed veteran quarterback and being totally 100% mentally, physically, and emotionally to play at an elite level for many years.

Stop it. This is ridiculous.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 04:19 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Geno, AJ and Mixon didn't have surgery to fix the problem as quickly and safely as possible.

Credibility continues to go down...

Geno 100% had surgery on his acl.. **** your credibility...
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 04:31 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I do NOT want Joe Burrow back under center until 2022 no matter what.

Here’s why:

Joe Burrow is a generational talent.  He has potential GOAT-ness written all over him.  I want him to have a long, quality career instead of a shorter one beset by injuries.  It’s going to take that long for the Bengals to reverse their collective recto-cranial inversion and build a proper offensive line worthy of Joe Burrow.  In the meantime I want Joe studying, working out, going through rehab, and sitting behind a yet unnamed veteran quarterback and being totally 100% mentally, physically, and emotionally to play at an elite level for many years.
I'm with you.. the O line and new pieces will need to gell first...
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:34 PM)Tony Wrote: I also love how people think he's gonna make it back at the earliest point possible.. lol.. Like no one learned anything with Geno, AJ, and now Mixon and many more players to have setbacks, miss diagnosis, and whatever else causes it. This team has a bad track record with players coming back from injury.. I suspect they wont be good next year either, so it makes little sense to rush back from something like this. He has a long career ahead of him. He's young. Let him heal and be comfortable completely.. I repeat do not put him out there unless there is a new Tackle and guard on this team next year that is a high draft or top FA pick...

Yeah, fans have a tendency to believe NFL players receiving NFL quality medical care will return at the earliest the prognosis calls for. Burrow’s injury is very similar to Palmer’s injury and if he doesn’t have any set backs and is as dedicated to rehab as Palmer it is reasonable to believe Burrow could be ready at the start of the season. That timeline is a helluva lot more reasonable than people claiming he won’t be ready until 2022.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 09:45 PM)Tony Wrote: I'm with you.. the O line and new pieces will need to gell first...

Burrow should just retire. There's no guarantee, with the Bengals recent history, that they can build a decent Oline to protect him, so if we're going to wait for that, and that won't happen, why come back at all?

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 09:42 PM)Tony Wrote: Geno 100% had surgery on his acl.. **** your credibility...

I thought you meant after this most-recent injury, then why would you bring up the other two?

Yup, classless like always ThumbsUp
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 09:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Even if he throws interceptions like crazy he is way better than about anyone else we could get most likely.
For what its worth, Finley can throw 3 to 4 picks a game. But yeah, I guess Jameis could find an acorn once in a while.

Did you see what I did there ...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 09:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Even if he throws interceptions like crazy he is way better than about anyone else we could get most likely.

And we’ve seen Taylor’s offense is basically just chucking it 40-60 times a game. Winston will throw a ton of picks, but he’ll also put up a ton of yds and TD’s.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 09:55 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I thought you meant after this most-recent injury, then why would you bring up the other two?

Yup, classless like always ThumbsUp

I brought them up because the Bengals always have the problem of getting players back healthy on time.. It's happened over and over and over.... 
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 10:57 PM)Tony Wrote: I brought them up because the Bengals always have the problem of getting players back healthy on time.. It's happened over and over and over.... 

Like Rich Braham and his bone bruise? Braham didn’t return in a timely manner because the Bengals lies to the public about his injury. When a Bengals players don’t return according to fan expectations it’s usually because the Bengals weren’t forthcoming about the true nature of the injury.
Reply/Quote