Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$10,000 lottery to vote in philly
(10-29-2015, 02:50 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Voting has been easy my whole life.   Even when I had vote absentee....   Why?  .... Because it was a priority to follow through and vote.

I'm sure it has been easy your whole life.  This is not the only matter in which you have had an easier path than others.  Unfortunately, you've made the decision not to acknowledge that others have not and do not experience the same level of privilege.  

(10-29-2015, 02:55 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: More people voting is not what we need.   We need informed voters.

Funny that the same voter suppression mandates used to diminish low income populations are used against college students as well.  Guess they aren't informed in the manner that best suits a certain ideology. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-29-2015, 04:23 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I'm sure it has been easy your whole life.  This is not the only matter in which you have had an easier path than others.  Unfortunately, you've made the decision not to acknowledge that others have not and do not experience the same level of privilege.  

Funny that the same voter suppression mandates used to diminish low income populations are used against college students as well.  Guess they aren't informed in the manner that best suits a certain ideology. 

If it's important to people. They make time. Like anything else.
(10-29-2015, 04:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If it's important to people.  They make time.  Like anything else.

But the amount of time people have to 'make' varies considerably and is a strategic decision made to inhibit their likelihood of participating.  It might only take you 15 and you could probably spare an hour, but for others to spend an hour plus is not feasible.
(10-29-2015, 05:10 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: But the amount of time people have to 'make' varies considerably and is a strategic decision made to inhibit their likelihood of participating.  It might only take you 15 and you could probably spare an hour, but for others to spend an hour plus is not feasible.

If it took me 5 hours I would still make sure I voted.  Because it's a priority for me.  As i am sure it is for you as well.    

If the only reason you vote is because you have a month to vote at extended hours so you can go whenever you feel like it ....   And Not show a photo ID.      

It's just sad that it has to be left this way for some to participate.   Sorry but if it's that low on people's priority list then we don't need their vote.   those are the people who are killing us all with their ignorance anyway.
(10-29-2015, 04:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If it's important to people.  They make time.  Like anything else.

Like when they don't have bread to eat they can just eat cake.
(10-29-2015, 02:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Would you rather me "convince" you?  I don't care whether you vote or not .  You want to grandstand about being a patriot, by somehow saying others are not as patriotic as you.  

You are so patriotic that you can't stand voting.

I never wrote I can't stand voting.  That is hyperbole and and a strawman.  If you had any integrity at all you would apologize, but I won't hold my breath.  I don't need to be convinced to vote.  You stated we should be excited.  I asked which of these presidential hopefuls I should be excited about.  Your answer was don't vote along with accusing me of being uninformed, of giving up, and that I can't stand voting.  Basically, a lot of hot air along with a side of ad homenim topped with a dog and pony show to distract us from the fact you still haven't answered my original question.  You haven't answered which presidential hopeful I should be excited about because it is basically the same as asking which STD should I be excited about contracting; gonorrhea, chlamydia, herpes, syphillis, anal warts, etc, etc.  

Like serving their country?  Oh, wait . . . you didn't do that.  Guess it wasn't imporatant enough to make it a priority for you.  Too busy spreading ignorance on the internet?  It's not too late.  I bet there is a recruiter close by your polling station.  There is still time for you to make over to Afghanistan to fight the "savages."  You'll still be able to vote absentee like I did while in the military.
(10-29-2015, 06:07 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Like serving their country?  Oh, wait . . . you didn't do that.  Guess it wasn't imporatant enough to make it a priority for you.  Too busy spreading ignorance on the internet?  It's not too late.  I bet there is a recruiter close by your polling station.  There is still time for you to make over to Afghanistan to fight the "savages."  You'll still be able to vote absentee like I did while in the military.

Actually, I'd be willing to bet there is an inverse correlation between polling station locations and military recruitment offices.
(10-29-2015, 06:07 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Like serving their country?  Oh, wait . . . you didn't do that.  Guess it wasn't imporatant enough to make it a priority for you.  Too busy spreading ignorance on the internet?  It's not too late.  I bet there is a recruiter close by your polling station.  There is still time for you to make over to Afghanistan to fight the "savages."  You'll still be able to vote absentee like I did while in the military.

I was busy going to college and playing football. So the military need never matched up with my life. Glad you went over and served, but that does not make you "more patriotic". You talk about ignorant statements.... Yet you question someone else's patriotism because they didn't volunteer for the service . That's weak. And you are better than that.... At least I thought you were.
(10-29-2015, 06:00 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I never wrote I can't stand voting.  That is hyperbole and and a strawman.  If you had any integrity at all you would apologize, but I won't hold my breath.  I don't need to be convinced to vote.  You stated we should be excited.  I asked which of these presidential hopefuls I should be excited about.  Your answer was don't vote along with accusing me of being uninformed, of giving up, and that I can't stand voting.  Basically, a lot of hot air along with a side of ad homenim topped with a dog and pony show to distract us from the fact you still haven't answered my original question.  You haven't answered which presidential hopeful I should be excited about because it is basically the same as asking which STD should I be excited about contracting; gonorrhea, chlamydia, herpes, syphillis, anal warts, etc, etc.  

There are a few candidates to get excited about. Depends on your views.

My vote is going to Rand with Cruz as my second choice .

And what exactly am I apologizing for? For commenting that you didn't like voting? Well when you say things like all candidates are bad or worse...... That's the typical uninformed opinion. I know for a fact you are not uninformed so it's just a bs answer . I doubt there is not a candidate of two that you have some common ideas. So I guess I am supposed to apologize because you decided to take the lazy answer?

Lay out what's important to you this election cycle. Let's hear it .
(10-29-2015, 07:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I was busy going to college and playing football.

So too busy worried about yourself.  Typical tea party hypocrisy.  I've gone to college twice.  The first time as a student athlete.  The second time as an active duty soldier.

Quote:So the military need never matched up with my life.

Don't you want to be engaged in democracy?  Obviously, if being engaged in democracy doesn't take 15 minutes to an hour or is easy for you then you aren't interested.  What about after college?  No one is that busy.  It's just about where you place priorities.  If America isn't important to you then maybe you shouldn't join the military to support democracy.  Funny how that works out when it matters to you.  We all have things we would rather be doing.  But, we make the time if it matter to us.  When the day comes that you stop making your country a priority then that's when it isn't important to you.  Maybe we need less participation from those who have given up.  Bfine seemed to join the military without issue.  It's because he prioritized his country.  Like any of us do.  Why?  Because it is a priority to follow through.

Thanks for all the great quotes by you I applied to you.

Quote:Glad you went over and served, but that does not make you "more patriotic".

I risked my life for democracy.  You were too busy playing football.  

Quote:You talk about ignorant statements.... Yet you question someone else's patriotism because they didn't volunteer for the service .

When you question the patriotism of other Americans, ******' A right I question yours.  How do you like the taste of your own medicine?

Quote:That's weak.  And you are better than that.... At least I thought you were.

And you still haven't answered, "Which one of thses presidential hopefuls am I supposed to be excited about?"
(10-29-2015, 07:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There are a few candidates to get excited about.   Depends on your views.  

My vote is going to Rand with Cruz as my second choice .  

OMG!  Finally, a ***** answer!  Was that so difficult?

I believe in liberty and justice for all so I can't support Rand.  Cruz is a Jesus Freak.  (Here's a pre-emptive: save your political correctness BS.)

Quote:And what exactly am I apologizing for?   For commenting that you didn't like voting?   Well when you say things like all candidates are bad or worse......   That's the typical uninformed opinion.   I know for a fact you are not uninformed so it's just a bs answer .  I doubt there is not a candidate of two that you have some common ideas.     So I guess I am supposed to apologize because you decided to take the lazy answer? 

For making things up I never wrote and falsely attributing them to me.  Like I wrote earlier, if you had any integrity.  If . . . 

Quote:Lay out what's important to you this election cycle.   Let's hear it .

Good judgment; with so little of it to be found among this field it obviously makes for a difficult choice.
(10-30-2015, 03:47 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: OMG!  Finally, a ***** answer!  Was that so difficult?

I believe in liberty and justice for all so I can't support Rand.  Cruz is a Jesus Freak.  (Here's a pre-emptive: save your political correctness BS.)

For making things up I never wrote and falsely attributing them to me.  Like I wrote earlier, if you had any integrity.  If . . . 

Good judgment; with so little of it to be found among this field it obviously makes for a difficult choice.

It's funny that you are begging for an apology. Especially considering how you conduct yourself....

Lots of good judgment out there. Cruz is consistent and has a broad message. Unless you have a love for a progressive: Or as some call it .... A moderate ....
(10-30-2015, 11:51 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's funny that you are begging for an apology. Especially considering how you conduct yourself....

Lots of good judgment out there. Cruz is consistent and has a broad message. Unless you have a love for a progressive: Or as some call it .... A moderate ....

I can't get behind a man in favor of denying equal rights and who doesn't understand civics.
(10-30-2015, 12:27 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I can't get behind a man in favor of denying equal rights and who doesn't understand civics.

I don't agree with all his views .  But he is consistent and stays closer to the constitution than any other candidate.   Except for Rand Ofc.

And who's rights is he denying? Gays? Is he denying them or just saying he isn't a supporter of SSM? You can not be a supporter and still follow the laws. Please clarify is this the area for which you are talking .
(10-30-2015, 11:51 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's funny that you are begging for an apology.  Especially considering how you conduct yourself....  

Lots of good judgment out there.   Cruz is consistent and has a broad message.   Unless you have a love for a progressive:   Or as some call it .... A moderate ....

You asked a question. I answered it. Previously, I told you I won't hold my breath which means I 100% don't expect an apology. I wrote you would apologize if you had any integrity which you don't because if you did you wouldn't have made the BS up in the first place.

I can tolerate a certain amount of foolishness, but then there is you. You have insulted hundreds of millions of people with derogatory statements. I've insulted . . . what?  Five? Ten individuals here for their blatant bigotry and stupidity?  You have no room to criticize anyone's behavior. 

Cruz does not have good judgment. In addition to what Matt pointed out Cruz is in favor of denying equal rights to groups based upon his religious beliefs. Like I wrote earlier, he is a Jesus Freak who has no qualms legislating his religion. No thank you. 
(10-30-2015, 01:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: And who's rights is he denying? Gays? Is he denying them or just saying he isn't a supporter of SSM? You can not be a supporter and still follow the laws. Please clarify is this the area for which you are talking .

He is in favor of denying equality through same-sex marriage. Can you explain the statement in bold that you made? Considering the court found that marriage is a right.
(10-30-2015, 02:21 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: He is in favor of denying equality through same-sex marriage. Can you explain the statement in bold that you made? Considering the court found that marriage is a right.

Sure thing... I don't personally care for SSM, but I have no problem giving them their government marriage. After all it's the law. I also don't think others should be forced to participate if it goes against their religious views.

Cruz has a similar stance from what I have seen. This really isn't an important issue for me so I haven't broken ot down . But anytime I have heard Cruz speak on this it's been similar to my view. Please let me know if you have found anything to contrary.
(10-30-2015, 02:33 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Sure thing... I don't personally care for SSM, but I have no problem giving them their government marriage. After all it's the law. I also don't think others should be forced to participate if it goes against their religious views.

Cruz has a similar stance from what I have seen. This really isn't an important issue for me so I haven't broken ot down . But anytime I have heard Cruz speak on this it's been similar to my view. Please let me know if you have found anything to contrary.

He has stated numerous times that he thinks marriage should be defined as being between one man and one woman. He has also said it should be a state issue, which is at least approaching small government, but since denying the right would be a violation even if made at the state level, still not a stance I can get behind.
(10-30-2015, 03:13 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: He has stated numerous times that he thinks marriage should be defined as being between one man and one woman. He has also said it should be a state issue, which is at least approaching small government, but since denying the right would be a violation even if made at the state level, still not a stance I can get behind.

Fair enough. But so you think he would refuse to enforce the law? I can see why you would think a president would do that since Obama picks and chooses what laws he follows and enforces.

I am just saying it's possible to disagree with a law and still do your duty to enforce the law. Unless your name is Barack Hussein Obama Ofc.