Poll: What would make you happen prior or during draft with Tee?
This poll is closed.
Nothing - keep him on tag
20.00%
17 20.00%
Trade him for a draft pcik
50.59%
43 50.59%
Sign him to long term contract
16.47%
14 16.47%
I don't care, sick of discussing Tee
12.94%
11 12.94%
Total 85 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
15 Days Prior to the draft. I would like Tee Higgins -
I want him to switch back to 85
Reply/Quote
I have given this a lot of thought. In 2024 do we need a great OT in the draft, or do we trade Tee (likely net a low #2 pick) which is dictates pick # 1 if our WR is available, we pull the trigger on the Tee Trade, use the extra second round on best OT left.

I vote to trade Tee, get the almost 22 million towards the cap and because trade is not completed until after our #18 selection (insure we get our WR), we count on a WR to start year one opposite Chase, but we also Yoshi who can compete with that #1 pick in training camp.

The draft is deep in 2 areas, WR and OT. Our other major need is DT, is Murphy is available, we could go Murphy, trade Tee for a second. Use the first 2nd round on an WR and the second on OT.

I was on the Tee train, but lots of great posts changed my mind to trade Tee.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Trade him for a 2nd round pick and move on.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 03:31 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have given this a lot of thought. In 2024 do we need a great OT in the draft, or do we trade Tee (likely net a low #2 pick) which is dictates pick # 1 if our WR is available, we pull the trigger on the Tee Trade, use the extra second round on best OT left.

I vote to trade Tee, get the almost 22 million towards the cap and because trade is not completed until after our #18 selection (insure we get our WR), we count on a WR to start year one opposite Chase, but we also Yoshi who can compete with that #1 pick in training camp.

The draft is deep in 2 areas, WR and OT. Our other major need is DT, is Murphy is available, we could go Murphy, trade Tee for a second. Use the first 2nd round on an WR and the second on OT.

I was on the Tee train, but lots of great posts changed my mind to trade Tee.

What does it matter if they free up $22m this year? Where is it going to go?

The time to trade Tee has almost certainly passed. Meaning, they can’t reallocate that $22m to invest in players for 2024. I suppose they maybe could do some sort of three team swap. Send Higgins to the bills, the bills send the 2025 2nd (and more) to the raiders, the raiders send davante Adams and a 2026 3rd (effectively the comp pick) to the bengals. The bengals rework the deal with davante to effectively be a one year rental (like the Texans did with Diggs).

Essentially:
Bills get Higgins
Raiders get Buff 2025 Second Round Pick (via Texans), maybe a 4?
Bengals get Davante Adams and raiders 2026 3rd round pick.

Why would these teams do this.
Bills get a young receiver to go with Josh Allen
Raiders get draft capital as a rebuilding team
Bengals essentially just swap receivers for 2024, get (effectively) the comp pick they would get for Higgins AND any comp pick for adams.

Seeing as how this isn’t going to happen, we should keep Tee for 2024 to put ourselves in the best position to win now.
Reply/Quote
Not to derail things, nor start another Higgins thread, but I wonder how much Tee's agent, and expected next contract, is playing in the Bengals struggling to find a reasonable trade partner?
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 03:46 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: What does it matter if they free up $22m this year?  Where is it going to go?

The time to trade Tee has almost certainly passed. Meaning, they can’t reallocate that $22m to invest in players for 2024.  I suppose they maybe could do some sort of three team swap.  Send Higgins to the bills, the bills send the 2025 2nd (and more) to the raiders,  the raiders send davante Adams and a 2026 3rd (effectively the comp pick) to the bengals.  The bengals rework the deal with davante to effectively be a one year rental (like the Texans did with Diggs).

Essentially:
Bills get Higgins
Raiders get Buff 2025 Second Round Pick (via Texans), maybe a 4?
Bengals get Davante Adams and raiders 2026 3rd round pick.  

Why would these teams do this.
Bills get a young receiver to go with Josh Allen
Raiders get draft capital as a rebuilding team
Bengals essentially just swap receivers for 2024, get (effectively) the comp pick they would get for Higgins AND any comp pick for adams.

Seeing as how this isn’t going to happen, we should keep Tee for 2024 to put ourselves in the best position to win now.

Bengals could lock up Chase long term using the 22 million to lessen cap hit in future years. Or we need a vet CB, Gilmore and Nelson would work and neither is cheap. We could also use it a guard like Risner. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 03:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: ****

Didn't know Tee listed other QB's he would like to play for...

In late March, in an interview with NBC Sports (Lawrence Jackson Jr.), he stated: ""Obviously, I want to play with Joe [Burrow]," Higgins said. "Other than that, I would love to go play with my college quarterback, Trevor [Lawrence]. I would love to play with C.J. Stroud. What he's done this last season is incredible... Lamar [Jackson], Josh Allen. There's a whole bunch I'd like to play with."

His comments, coming after his asking to be traded, set off a whole bunch of fan bases salivating over the possibility he would come to their teams.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 03:46 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Not to derail things, nor start another Higgins thread, but I wonder how much Tee's agent, and expected next contract, is playing in the Bengals struggling to find a reasonable trade partner?

It definitely plays a role. We are far from the only team that has issues negotiating with Mulugheta. All you need do is look at his track record of players he represents not resigning with their current team. Teams know that signing a Mulugheta player means both you're going to pay top dollar (and guaranteed to boot) and that the player will leave at the end of the deal. 
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 03:56 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Bengals could lock up Chase long term using the 22 million to lessen cap hit in future years. Or we need a vet CB, Gilmore and Nelson would work and neither is cheap. We could also use it a guard like Risner. 

We could get Gilmore or Nelson now, same with risner. It’s not due to a lack of cap space.
Reply/Quote
There's no option to represent my opinion.

Trade Tee for a top 17 pick or (2) late 1st/early 2nd round picks.

If you can't get that trade value, keep him on the tag and tag him again next year.

My hope is that he finally has a complete year this year and his trade value rises to the point where we can get fair value in a trade.

I think he's more valuable on the team then having an extra 2nd round pick--especially in a Super Bowl or bust year.
Reply/Quote
I like Tee as a talent and believe he can contribute to winning Bengals football but the human variable of his feelings and being influenced by his agent cannot be accounted for heading into the '24 season. I wouldn't trust all the "what ifs" that can occur if I am Duke and Zac.

Trade Tee for the highest pick possible and move on.
Reply/Quote
I am a sentimental person, so I would like to sign him long term. If it's a 3 year deal, that means he'd be with the team this year, when Jamarr is on his 4th year (cheap), in 2025, when Jamarr is on his 5th year (cheap) and the in 2026 when Jamarr is on the first year of extension, which teams typically keep relatively low.

Even if it's a 4 year deal, then you'd only really have 2 "expensive" WRs for that final year in 2027.

I just don't see why we should get rid of one of our best players and a guy that the coaches developed into an outstanding receiver when it wouldn't cripple us to sign him. Keep the band together. Especially if all we're being offered is a mid to high 2nd round pick. If we were offered a 1st and a 3rd, I'd have to think about it. But a 2nd and a 5th? Pfft. No thanks.

I'd just franchise tag him 3 times in a row before I traded him for a few dice throws.
Reply/Quote
Sign and trade with Minny for Justin Jefferson
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 04:55 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: There's no option to represent my opinion.

Trade Tee for a top 17 pick or (2) late 1st/early 2nd round picks.

If you can't get that trade value, keep him on the tag and tag him again next year.

My hope is that he finally has a complete year this year and his trade value rises to the point where we can get fair value in a trade.

I think he's more valuable on the team then having an extra 2nd round pick--especially in a Super Bowl or bust year.

This. Exactly.

Tag him twice unless you get completely blown away with an offer.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 03:40 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Trade him for a 2th round pick and move on.

Id do the trade with Pats for the 2nd rounder in a heartbeat....ad ironically thats about where we picked Tee when we drafted him (top of 2nd) 
A disgruntled WR for the whole yr doesn't sound fun to watch or listen to the drama all yr if he is underperforming for the 22M. 
Reply/Quote
Everybody already knows that I'm on the trade him train. Just too much money to sign Chase, Tee, and Burrow.

Get some sort of return for him and control the team Tee goes to too, wait and he may sign within the division after next season with no draft pick in return. The Bengals will not tag him twice. there are still a few FA's out there and there will be camp cuts after the draft as well. Or the Bengals can use the money on Chase's contract which will be on the horizon soon.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I want them to be open to trading Tee if the value isn't there then don't trade him but if it is trade him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I guess I am the only brave one to admit that I voted for, I don't care, tired of discussing it....
Reply/Quote
I voted sign him to an extension. I don’t think he is going anywhere. And depending on how the draft falls his contract offer could go up or down. If we miss out on the good WRs then he gets a better offer. If we land an early round WR that we like. He is getting a worse offer. I think the negotiations pick up after we see how the draft falls.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 08:42 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I voted sign him to an extension. I don’t think he is going anywhere. And depending on how the draft falls his contract offer could go up or down. If we miss out on the good WRs then he gets a better offer. If we land an early round WR that we like. He is getting a worse offer. I think the negotiations pick up after we see how the draft falls.

Yeah, we would all love for Tee Higgins to remain a Bengal for another 3-5 years, but I just don't think that it's in the cards. If drafting a premium Tackle doesn't work out in the first, I'd love Brian Thomas Jr.  If the Bengals do land a top Tackle, then Xavier Leggett should be the guy in two if he's available.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote