Poll: What would make you happen prior or during draft with Tee?
This poll is closed.
Nothing - keep him on tag
20.00%
17 20.00%
Trade him for a draft pcik
50.59%
43 50.59%
Sign him to long term contract
16.47%
14 16.47%
I don't care, sick of discussing Tee
12.94%
11 12.94%
Total 85 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
15 Days Prior to the draft. I would like Tee Higgins -
(04-13-2024, 11:50 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I somewhat disagree with you here.  Let’s assume they sign risner, Connor Williams or Andrus peat tomorrow.  They trade T for a top 10 pick in the second round.  

Their draft could look like this:
Ot
Wr say legette or Franklin with the t pick or cb like rakestraw or melton
Our pick 49, see above 
Round 3 we’re looking at choosing between stover, mahogany and McKinley Jackson.  Since we already signed a vet guard I’d go stover and Jackson.

I only threw some names in there to illustrate the point, but you get the idea 

Yeah I get the idea. It can influence the Draft though which I don't really want to do, would rather go BPA as much as possible and 
see how it all comes out. I think this is the most likely way we find some special players rather than forcing a pick because of need.

But getting a Guard right now that is healthy wouldn't be a bad idea I guess. But you never know, the FO might be really high on 
Graham Barton who I am as well and he could be the pick at 18 for all we know. Dude could be the next great Center/Guard and 
our IOL would be much better for the future. Might take the thought of a Guard like Connor, Peat or Risner out of the picture.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 03:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah I get the idea. It can influence the Draft though which I don't really want to do, would rather go BPA as much as possible and 
see how it all comes out. I think this is the most likely way we find some special players rather than forcing a pick because of need.

But getting a Guard right now that is healthy wouldn't be a bad idea I guess. But you never know, the FO might be really high on 
Graham Barton who I am as well and he could be the pick at 18 for all we know. Dude could be the next great Center/Guard and 
our IOL would be much better for the future. Might take the thought of a Guard like Connor, Peat or Risner out of the picture.

I get that thought too.  Signing a free agent guard now gives them their choice of who they want .  18 might be a little rich for Barton but we’ll find out soon enough 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 03:39 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I get that thought too.  Signing a free agent guard now gives them their choice of who they want .  18 might be a little rich for Barton but we’ll find out soon enough 

Well, I mean, Zach Martin is who some compare Graham Barton to, I sure would love a Zach Martin in his prime player for our IOL...

18 doesn't sound rich for that. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 03:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well, I mean, Zach Martin is who some compare Graham Barton to, I sure would love a Zach Martin in his prime player for our IOL...

I would be surprised if they went G that early. Bengals usually value the “premium” positions for first round picks (QB/WR/T/DL/CB). I was a little surprised when they took Hill (S) in the first but they knew they would need a Safety and he may end up at corner any way.

They definitely need to address the O line with multiple picks this year even if they don’t take one in the first round.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 03:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well, I mean, Zach Martin is who some compare Graham Barton to, I sure would love a Zach Martin in his prime player for our IOL...

Well, if you’re going to put it that way, then I’d agree!  I haven’t seen the Martin comps but I don’t doubt you.  Graham can kick outside too if need be.  Matt miller has Barton as his 21 ranked overall player with a score of 92.  So 18 wouldn’t be all that rich after all
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 04:06 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I would be surprised if they went G that early. Bengals usually value the “premium” positions for first round picks (QB/WR/T/DL/CB). I was a little surprised when they took Hill (S) in the first but they knew they would need a Safety and he may end up at corner any way.

They definitely need to address the O line with multiple picks this year even if they don’t take one in the first round.

Barton is a Center just the same as a Guard and can play all across the line. Would allow us to move Ted to LG or at the very least have 
great competition at both Center and LG.

But I agree, I would be surprised if they took Barton especially if Mims and Latham are there which I find likely.

(04-14-2024, 04:23 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Well, if you’re going to put it that way, then I’d agree!  I haven’t seen the Martin comps but I don’t doubt you.  Graham can kick outside too if need be.  Matt miller has Barton as his 21 ranked overall player with a score of 92.  So 18 wouldn’t be all that rich after all

Completely agree, just keeping my mind open. The Chiefs have a great interior O-line and that helped them to win it all even with poor 
play at Tackle. Not a bad idea to make our interior one of the best even if most all of us want a RT at 18. Nothing is a sure thing in the 
Draft. Have to even keep our mind open to a Corner for heck sake even if I hope that isn't the pick, I do really like Quinyon Mitchell.
Reply/Quote
Higgins should not be the topic, Boyd should...
Reply/Quote
I would like Tee to get a new agent.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 07:22 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I would like Tee to get a new agent.

Probably the best post in this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote