Poll: What would make you happen prior or during draft with Tee?
This poll is closed.
Nothing - keep him on tag
20.00%
17 20.00%
Trade him for a draft pcik
50.59%
43 50.59%
Sign him to long term contract
16.47%
14 16.47%
I don't care, sick of discussing Tee
12.94%
11 12.94%
Total 85 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
15 Days Prior to the draft. I would like Tee Higgins -
I'm steadfast on signing Tee Higgins for the Long term.
Him and Chase and JB are a 3 headed Beast that is as dangerous of a offensive trio in the league.
If it's anything the great Bengals offenses of the
Past have had that tremendous QB and 2 WR combo leading
The way. Tyler Boyd isn't coming back
That WR room needs as many proven playmakers
As it can dress on a Sunday. It's a false narrative the Bengals
Can't afford JB, Higgins snd Chase
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 02:02 PM)jason Wrote: If we're not gonna make this  Miami Heat-like trade for Justin Jefferson, I'd just as soon roll with Tee this year. Who are we freeing up this 22 million for anyway?

Could probably sign Connor Williams to play C (kick Karras back to LG) while also bringing back Boyd for less than the amount you're paying Tee, with the added benefit of whatever draft pick you get for Tee.

Connor Williams + Tyler Boyd + 2nd Round Pick > Tee Higgins

Alternatively to Tyler Boyd, for a few million more you could probably bring in Stephon Gilmore for a year to go with Connor Williams and the 2nd round pick.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Trade him only if the value is there. I’m not for dumping him for the sake of dumping him.

Tee’s all in with the Agent tho. We can’t blame the Agent anymore.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
They should trade him (Pats pick that Brad suggested seems fair) and draft his replacement - maybe Thomas at 18?
And the rookie WR would have an excellent chance for success because he would be going to a good team/QB where he would not have to step in and be WR1.
They will probably keep Tee and let him go for nothing next year so might as well get a pick for him now.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 09:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Could probably sign Connor Williams to play C (kick Karras back to LG) while also bringing back Boyd for less than the amount you're paying Tee, with the added benefit of whatever draft pick you get for Tee.

Connor Williams + Tyler Boyd + 2nd Round Pick > Tee Higgins

Alternatively to Tyler Boyd, for a few million more you could probably bring in Stephon Gilmore for a year to go with Connor Williams and the 2nd round pick.

Exactly, plus like I said we could get closer to extending Ja'Marr with that dough Tee would be getting on the Tag as well.

Don't understand people acting like there isn't anyone out there to spend the money on. Connor Williams, Stephon Gilmore, Dalton Risner,
Andrus Peat etc.

Not to mention all the other players that will be available after the Draft and cuts.
Reply/Quote
Burrow won a national championship when Chase and Jefferson were catching his passes. He made it to the Super Bowl and AFC championship when Chase and Tee were catching his passes.

Not saying he couldn’t make a lesser WR look better. But he appears to do his best work when he has big time WRs.

Move on from Tee whose catch radius is insane. Move on from Boyd who is a proven quality NFL WR. And go with Chase, some mid round picks from last year, and a rookie? It’s just asking for regression imo.
Reply/Quote
I would prefer Tee get his extension, but the Bengals have never extended a franchise player. Honestly, with the way the cap is going up, it won't be tough for the team to franchise him again next year. I'm sure the team has taken some calls about the trade, but the Bengals always overvalue their own and won't budge of their asking price. Dunlap is the only player that forced the team to take basically nothing in a trade.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 01:19 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I would prefer Tee get his extension, but the Bengals have never extended a franchise player. Honestly, with the way the cap is going up, it won't be tough for the team to franchise him again next year. I'm sure the team has taken some calls about the trade, but the Bengals always overvalue their own and won't budge of their asking price. Dunlap is the only player that forced the team to take basically nothing in a trade.

Of course I would prefer Tee to be extended, I just find it highly unlikely as you say, plus I find it highly unlikely we Franchise Tag Tee 2 years
in a row. Hoping the Bengals are not as hard headed overvaluing Tee as they have with other players in the past. I like to think about the future
and with players on the team that want to be here.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 12:49 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Burrow won a national championship when Chase and Jefferson were catching his passes. He made it to the Super Bowl and AFC championship when Chase and Tee were catching his passes.

Not saying he couldn’t make a lesser WR look better. But he appears to do his best work when he has big time WRs.

Move on from Tee whose catch radius is insane. Move on from Boyd who is a proven quality NFL WR. And go with Chase, some mid round picks from last year, and a rookie? It’s just asking for regression imo.

Yeah, like the Defenses had nothing to do with Burrow making it to the Super Bowl and AFC Championship.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
I love Mr. Tee Higgins and hope they extend him. I know it's unlikely but the question was what do I want, and I want to keep him. I've lived long enough to know WR's are never more overrated than they are in the summer, there's always a shiny new toy at the draft, but come September buyer's remorse is the only constant. We have an advantage in that our guys have played together for three years, are just entering their primes and can communicate non-verbally in the clutch. I value that a great deal.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 01:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: What do you want to happen to Tee as draft approaches?

Vote

There is nobody outside the Bengals we can use his cap space this year.  So no need to trade him for cap space.

Trade him for draft picks if and only if a first rounder is included.  Tee is a dominant WR and will start, get yards and TD's possibly at  All Pro level.
He could be an All Pro, right?  He's got that level of talent.  

But no urgency to do anything.  
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2024, 01:42 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: There is nobody outside the Bengals we can use his cap space this year.  So no need to trade him for cap space.

Trade him for draft picks if and only if a first rounder is included.  Tee is a dominant WR and will start, get yards and TD's possibly at  All Pro level.
He could be an All Pro, right?  He's got that level of talent.  

But no urgency to do anything.  

I don't disagree with your logic. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2024, 02:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I don't disagree with your logic. 

I disagree on that we couldn't use the cap space elsewhere, we can use it to bring in Connor Williams, Dalton Risner, Andrus Peat, Stephon
Gilmore or another Corner or maybe a big NT to fill our need there. We could use it to extend Chase and trade for Justin Jefferson etc.

I don't understand the argument that we couldn't use that money to help the team.

I do understand the argument that Tee makes us a better passing Offense and when he is healthy he is a top 2 WR in the NFL. I also agree
that there is no urgency right now in trading Tee. We can wait till the Draft and if we don't get a proper offer, keep him this year and hope he
plays his best so he can go somewhere (hopefully outside of the AFC and do well as a #1).
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2024, 02:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I disagree on that we couldn't use the cap space elsewhere, we can use it to bring in Connor Williams, Dalton Risner, Andrus Peat, Stephon
Gilmore or another Corner or maybe a big NT to fill our need there. We could use it to extend Chase and trade for Justin Jefferson etc.

I don't understand the argument that we couldn't use that money to help the team.

I do understand the argument that Tee makes us a better passing Offense and when he is healthy he is a top 2 WR in the NFL. I also agree
that there is no urgency right now in trading Tee. We can wait till the Draft and if we don't get a proper offer, keep him this year and hope he
plays his best so he can go somewhere (hopefully outside of the AFC and do well as a #1).

When we're saying "do what with the money?", we're saying they're not gonna go get one of those guys. Nothing is stopping them from picking them up right now. I'm not a cap wizard, but I know we gots the room.

Also... I'm all for using Tee's money to go get Jefferson. I think most Bengals fans are all for that. It still feels like a dream at this point though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2024, 08:04 PM)jason Wrote: When we're saying "do what with the money?", we're saying they're not gonna go get one of those guys. Nothing is stopping them from picking them up right now. I'm not a cap wizard, but I know we gots the room.

Also... I'm all for using Tee's money to go get Jefferson. I think most Bengals fans are all for that. It still feels like a dream at this point though.

Even if the Bengals didnt use the money on someone this year, they could rollover the money and have an even larger cap next year.  Its not like that 21.8 million just disappears.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2024, 08:04 PM)jason Wrote: When we're saying "do what with the money?", we're saying they're not gonna go get one of those guys. Nothing is stopping them from picking them up right now. I'm not a cap wizard, but I know we gots the room.

There is no point in going to get one of those guys right now. Wait till after the draft and if you have a hole to fill after the Draft, do it then.

Would be nice to have the money available to do all these things and Tee can have his chance to be a #1 with another team while we add a 
replacement and others to improve the Bengals. If there is not a decent trade offer, keep Tee around and hope he can stay healthy and has 
his best season as a pro with us. Either way, he isn't going to be Tagged twice, never even heard of this happening and it would just piss Tee
off anyways if it did happen.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2024, 08:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: There is no point in going to get one of those guys right now. Wait till after the draft and if you have a hole to fill after the Draft, do it then.

Would be nice to have the money available to do all these things and Tee can have his chance to be a #1 with another team while we add a 
replacement and others to improve the Bengals. If there is not a decent trade offer, keep Tee around and hope he can stay healthy and has 
his best season as a pro with us. Either way, he isn't going to be Tagged twice, never even heard of this happening and it would just piss Tee

Not positive but I think Pittsburgh tagged Bell twice.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2024, 08:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: There is no point in going to get one of those guys right now. Wait till after the draft and if you have a hole to fill after the Draft, do it then.

I somewhat disagree with you here.  Let’s assume they sign risner, Connor Williams or Andrus peat tomorrow.  They trade T for a top 10 pick in the second round.  

Their draft could look like this:
Ot
Wr say legette or Franklin with the t pick or cb like rakestraw or melton
Our pick 49, see above 
Round 3 we’re looking at choosing between stover, mahogany and McKinley Jackson.  Since we already signed a vet guard I’d go stover and Jackson.

I only threw some names in there to illustrate the point, but you get the idea 
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2024, 09:29 PM)jason Wrote: Not positive but I think Pittsburgh tagged Bell twice.

They did, the second one is when he held out all year.

Kirk Cousins also got tagged back-to-back years by DC.

Also technically Drew Brees got tagged twice. Once by the Chargers and then once by the Saints 7 years later, but he ended up getting extended 3 months later well before the season started.

So at least off the top of my head (I am almost certain there's some others) Kirk Cousins is the only player I can think of that got tagged twice and actually played both years under the tag.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2024, 09:29 PM)jason Wrote: Not positive but I think Pittsburgh tagged Bell twice.

So not a good result when it happened, thanks.

(04-14-2024, 02:22 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: They did, the second one is when he held out all year.

Kirk Cousins also got tagged back-to-back years by DC.

Also technically Drew Brees got tagged twice. Once by the Chargers and then once by the Saints 7 years later, but he ended up getting extended 3 months later well before the season started.

So at least off the top of my head (I am almost certain there's some others) Kirk Cousins is the only player I can think of that got tagged twice and actually played both years under the tag.

Thanks TLL, very rare anyways and don't think good things would come from it.
Reply/Quote