Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boston Globe gets bomb threat after editorial blasts Trump's Media Attacks
How specific do you have to be when you are tweeting to 50 million people, anyways?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-17-2018, 06:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is the difference.  All I do is post what he actually says to show what he actually means.  

But that's not what you did. You said:
He probably said "fake media", but the problem is that he defines "fake news" as anyone who disagrees with him. 

At this point, yes, he does define 'fake news" as anyone who disagrees with him (in the media anyways). But, you then said: 
So basically he is saying...

It's at this point that you're doing the exact same thing Trump supporters do. In your particular case, I don't disagree with what you said as that is my view as well, BUT, you're still explaining what Trump meant. For Trump supporters that's something we deride them for, but when it's from a non-Trump supporter, then it's ok.

I would like to know why it's ok.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(08-17-2018, 06:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: In each link you provided he points to a portion of the media. 

I don't think I've ever yelled lugenpresse; hell I don't even know what it means. Is it German?

The point is: Call Trump out for what he actually says. There's more than enough there. The media pushing the narrative that Trump thinks all media is the enemy of the people is guess what? 

Yeah. When someone points at a group in a crowd and says “don’t believe them, they’re liars” he’s just causally referring to just he liars.

Apply that same thin logic to other things and see why it comes up as partisan rhetoric.
(08-17-2018, 08:12 PM)Benton Wrote: Yeah. When someone points at a group in a crowd and says “don’t believe them, they’re liars” he’s just causally referring to just he liars.

Apply that same thin logic to other things and see why it comes up as partisan rhetoric.

But what if he says some of them are liars; which is all you've provided to date? 

And I did apply that "thin logic" to other things. Did you not see my "all immigrants are animals" post? Did that come up as partisan? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-17-2018, 05:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, I get all that and it appears to be a little different than promoting the stance that he say "The Media is the enemy of the people". He seems to be referring to a select population; but I get why folks want to push the narrative.

As I have said: His comments toward the media are inexcusable, but when we try to make more of them that what they really are aka: The Media is the enemy of the people, we play right into his hands.   It's sorta like when he call MS-13 animals it quickly becomes all immigrants are animals.

Then why do you keep trying to defend them?

Oh wait....
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-17-2018, 11:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: Then why do you keep trying to defend them?

Oh wait....

From actually reading his posts I saw that he's not defending the comments but disagreeing with the broad interpretation being placed on those comments by people like you and Fred. 
(08-20-2018, 11:05 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: From actually reading his posts I saw that he's not defending the comments but disagreeing with the broad interpretation being placed on those comments by people like you and Fred. 

Hmmm...says "inexcusable" and continuously makes excuses.

Thanks for the input!

ThumbsUp
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-17-2018, 06:43 PM)PhilHos Wrote:  you're still explaining what Trump meant. For Trump supporters that's something we deride them for, but when it's from a non-Trump supporter, then it's ok.

I would like to know why it's ok.

It is okay when I do it because I use the words he actually says and apply the accepted meaning to those words.

Trump supporters will claim that Trump means the opposite of the accepted meaning of the words he uses.  That gets ridiculous.
(08-20-2018, 11:26 AM)GMDino Wrote: Hmmm...says "inexcusable" and continuously makes excuses.  

Thanks for the input!

ThumbsUp

I have not excused his comments in any way. I just take issue with folks that like to change reality to suit their narrative. 

(08-20-2018, 11:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It is okay when I do it because I use the words he actually says and apply the accepted meaning to those words.

Trump supporters will claim that Trump means the opposite of the accepted meaning of the words he uses.  That gets ridiculous.

Were you looking in the mirror when you typed those words? Because you make yourself sound awesome. 

(08-20-2018, 04:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Were you looking in the mirror when you typed those words? Because you make yourself sound awesome. 

Actually I was thinking of you.

Remember when Trump said North Korea was no longer a nuclear threat?

Remember what you said when I asked you if that comment made Trump look intelligent?
(08-20-2018, 06:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually I was thinking of you.

Flattery will get you nowhere big guy.