Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
157 Yards
It's Andy Dalton's fault that we had the Steelers by the jugular late in the first half in the redzone and called four running plays in a row against the 4th best run defense in the NFL.

It's Andy Dalton's fault that we've averaged scoring 4.1 2nd half points in 7 playoff games including two before he got here.

It's Andy Dalton's fault Marvin is 2-14 against the Steelers @ home. Including the games before he was here.

It's Andy Dalton's fault we played a guy at RT for eleven games before we figured out he wasn't fit to be an NFL RT.

It's Andy Dalton's fault it took 13 games to realize our kicker had lost it. Ninja Ninja Ninja

Coaching had nothing to do with it :paul:
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 05:13 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote:
Yes he did -- and Andy Dalton could have made a few different decisions like the throw intercepted by Lawrence Timmons.  I know Andy would love to take that pass back.  But let's be totally honest here:  The Bengals had no running game, AJ Green was on the sideline, the Steelers double and triple covered Tyler Boyd, and in the second half Pittsburgh fielded only two down lineman and dropped as many as nine people into coverage.                      

How do 10 guys hear passing play and 1 guy, the center for crying out loud, hears running play ? 
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 05:24 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: How do 10 guys hear passing play and 1 guy, the center for crying out loud, hears running play ? 

Perhaps Russell Bodine needs his ears checked as much as you correctly state Jeremy Hill needs his eyes checked! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 05:24 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: How do 10 guys hear passing play and 1 guy, the center for crying out loud, hears running play ? 

That was Andy's 7th INT all season and 14th in his last 26 games. He's been incredibly careful with the ball and rarely makes a boneheaded INT anymore. Just makes you wonder if this one was more Bodine. And even if it wasn't...oh well. Andy is great at protecting the football. He can't be perfect all the time.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
How the heck is Dalton supposed to put up 4th quarter numbers when they are playing full on prevent offense the whole second half every freaking game? This has happened basically every year Marvin has been here. You cant blame the OC because thats been a revolving door throughout Daltons career, but the one common factor is the HC. He does this every freaking game. It's almost better if they are losing at halftime so Marv doesnt go full on prevent offense. At least they have to run a few pass plays more than 10 yards down field when they are losing. Is it Dalton's fault that the coaches call run run pass punt every freaking drive in the second half when they are up? Is it his fault they are still running Hill with under 7 minutes to go when he's shown all game he cant get it done? LaFell was having a nice game and then the steelers adjusted and took him away. Why didnt the bengals counter and incorporate Eifert and Boyd more? They cant all be double covered. The steelers secondary is suspect at best anyways. I think Marvin is directly to blame for the struggles of 2016 just like the playoff struggles of years past. He's the common factor on this team. Look back to the bye week when Paulie wanted to get the young guys involved and Marv quickly shot that down. I think the coordinators probably do have a major part of running their units during game day, but they have a scheme that is approved by Marvin prior to the game and they dare not make changes/adjustments without Marvins decision first. He learned this formula first hand from his boss, Ol' Mikey Boy. Until he goes, so goes the woes of this team.
Reply/Quote
Rule #1 in Andy Club....

Never question Andy's performance.

Andy is average, he will have good games and bad games. More often than not both the good games and bad games are because of his performance.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 05:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dalton's "drummer boys" are probably where OP was for the last 2 weeks (and most of the season outside of maybe 3 games).Ninja

Seriously though, my stance hasn't changed. Dalton is having a fine season...especially considering the circumstances. The RZ passing has been my biggest gripe with him this season, but I think that's more of a problem with the offense itself. Dalton threw 60 TDs in 12-13, and he threw 25 in 12 games last year. So Dalton has already proven he can get the ball in the EZ in the past.

People blaming Dalton right now are no better than Detroit fans who wanted to trade Stafford last year. The Lions shit-canned their OC, brought in Jim Bob Cooter, and voila! Stafford's been dominating ever since. Look...We've all seen what Dalton is capable of. If he's not producing at or near that level, that's a coaching (and blocking issue). Same as with Stafford last year, who was getting beat to death and playing in a dysfunctional offense.

As for this particular game, we had no AJ, the Steelers schemed away Eifert and Boyd. Hill had like 20 carries for 40 yards. What was Dalton supposed to do? He scored 20 points, which is more than what the "hero" did in January.

He is supposed to throw for more than 157 yards and have more than one first down in the 4th quarter. 

This was the biggest game of the year. Revenge game at home with the playoff hopes on the line. 

In the first game he had 300+ yards. Little bit more pressure in this one. Big time players make big time plays in big time games. They dont fold up and shit the bed. 

Its nice we can beat the little sisters of the poor as long as it isnt a primetime game. But beating up on bad teams just isnt enough.

Plenty of blame to go around. And a QB who threw for 157 yards definitely deserves some of it. 
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 05:59 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: He is supposed to throw for more than 157 yards and have more than one first down in the 4th quarter. 

This was the biggest game of the year. Revenge game at home with the playoff hopes on the line. 

In the first game he had 300+ yards. Little bit more pressure in this one. Big time players make big time plays in big time games. They dont fold up and shit the bed. 

Its nice we can beat the little sisters of the poor as long as it isnt a primetime game. But beating up on bad teams just isnt enough.

Plenty of blame to go around. And a QB who threw for 157 yards definitely deserves some of it. 

Yep, like that "stud defense" that gave up SEVEN scoring drives, and four consecutive penalties on what wound up being the game winning drive in....................the 4th quarter. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 05:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Andy is average, he will have good games and bad games. More often than not both the good games and bad games are because of his performance.

The numbers say he is above average though.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 06:13 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: The numbers say he is above average though.....

What numbers?

Reply/Quote
Andy is a borderline top 10 Qb and with the right players around him he can put up top 5 numbers.  Gruden put him in a bad spot in his first 3 playoff games by making  the offense pass first instead of run first and in the game against the colts the offense had know one at WR or TE .
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I think there's probably an in between with all of this. Honestly, I don't know what the answer is. I don't know that any of us really do. The coaching has been subpar this year, but I feel like a lot of times the offense, for whatever reason, can't put points on the board. Statistically, the Bengals have been unlucky in that sense. The defense has been average, and that's hurt considering it has been a staple of this team recently. For whatever reason, whether it's play, coaching, or just plain old luck, things haven't worked this year.

Ugh, just looked at Pro football reference. What a helter-skelter team.

2015: 419 Points For. ( 7th in the League ) 279 Points Allowed. ( Second in the league.)
2016 ( So far ): 288 Points For. ( 23rd in the League ) 293 Points Allowed. ( Eleventh in the league. )

2015: Offense: 15th in yards. Defense: 11th in yards.
2016: Offense: 12th in yards. Defense: 21st in yards.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 05:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Rule #1 in Andy Club....

Never question Andy's performance.

I would have guessed it was "you do not talk about Andy club."  Shit, now I'm never getting in Facepalm   
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 05:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: I actually think he effed up and saw Bodine and was throwing the ball to him.....then Bodine ducks and......voila!  Free turnovers here!

Bodine actually blocked the guy into the pick. He knocked him back like 3 yards...which is funny when you think about it. As for the OP, I have no problem starting AJM at this point.  

Reply/Quote
Dalton is who he is, I thought we all had come to agree. It's like your spouse. You know the great, good, bad and the ugly but they yours. He's Dalton. Now if you want to gamble on another qb in the draft then so be it. They just haven't been there. As hard as we tried this season we couldn't get to a top 2 pick. And that's where you want to be in the draft (good qb draft) when in need of a qb. We won't ever be in the position to get a top QB prospect worthy of moving on from him for. We could stumble on a Dak or Wilson late some year down the line. But that's unlikely. Next couple QB drafts are weak. So we're talking years down the line before replacing Dalton is an option.

McCarron isn't the answer. If he plays behind this Oline, we can forget that 2nd round pick for him. He holds the ball long and it showed up under our "elite" Oline in 2016.

Dalton as well as everyone else had a down year. But I don't see how anyone can turn on our players without giving them a shot under new Head Coach. I'm not attacking any one of our players until I see how much of this is Coaching. We've seen all of our players "ceilings" at one point or another. But the coaches that got it out of them our gone. Everyone gets a pass from me this season. You won't hear me utter a bad word about any of them this offseason.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 04:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The interception where he threw it right to Timmons was bad and certainly hurt us...but I can't fault him for the loss. Not being able to run the ball is the big bane of the offenses existance.

Dalton has played extremely well in the absence of Green.

we lost because we go into a stupid conservative and completely predictable offensive game plan whenever we are up.

Doc's writes about this today in Enquirer but how many times did we start a series off in second half with something other than Hill up the middle for no gain or a loss. Most of the next plays were runs for no gain or a loss.

Then Dalton gets into a third and long and Pittsburgh sends the house against our below average offensive line including perhaps the worst center in the league.

Coaches/Marv ball lost the game yesterday.  Conservative predictable play calling results in no offense, puts pressure on D, and results in fourth quarter meltdown.

How many times does Mike Brown need to watch this same crap over and over before he makes a change.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 05:13 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote:
Yes he did -- and Andy Dalton could have made a few different decisions like the throw intercepted by Lawrence Timmons.  I know Andy would love to take that pass back.  But let's be totally honest here:  The Bengals had no running game, AJ Green was on the sideline, the Steelers double and triple covered Tyler Boyd, and in the second half Pittsburgh fielded only two down lineman and dropped as many as nine people into coverage.                      

You cannot play an unpredictable defense like this with a 4-3 alignment and no pressure on opposing qb
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 08:21 PM)jj22 Wrote: Dalton as well as everyone else had a down year. 

He is actually on pace to have his highest passer rating for a complete season. WTS, we've got a couple tough Ds coming up. 

Reply/Quote
I think you know your own answer.

Even with Macaroni at the helm... the Bengals still lost that WC game because the HC sucks.

People hate on Burfict, Jones, whoever now... but at the time most of the talking heads said Magic Marvin should get shit canned.

No backpedaling on that. They were right. He can't control the team(Hill,Burfict,Jones,Peko)or coach in big games.

I'd sure as hell like to see what this whole team including Dalton could do with better management and accountability.

I also would not care if Dalton got yanked when he was completely sucking. A good coach would make that call.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Remember, earlier in the season, Ravens fired their OC. Look where they stand now. It all starts at the top. Because m. Brown holds zero accountability in anyone below him, they get away with everything.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote