Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
157 Yards
(12-20-2016, 04:29 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Matt Ryan losses The top WR in the game last 2 games n the team still puts up huge 40 point games.  No excuses there's. Just wins n points.

Yeah. Except for last year. And the year before that.

Why are we pretending Dalton is the only one who hasn't won when his team sucked? Why are we pretending that other good QBs haven't had losing seasons? Brees is headed for his 3rd losing season in a row. Flacco has had losing seasons. Ben went 8-8 twice. Ryan has had multiple losing seasons. Stafford was playing poorly midway through last year. Suddenly he looks like the QB that threw for 5000 again. Was it their fault that these QBs struggled and/or lost?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 01:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah. Except for last year. And the year before that.

Why are we pretending Dalton is the only one who hasn't won when his team sucked? Why are we pretending that other good QBs haven't had losing seasons? Brees is headed for his 3rd losing season in a row. Flacco has had losing seasons. Ben went 8-8 twice. Ryan has had multiple losing seasons. Stafford was playing poorly midway through last year. Suddenly he looks like the QB that threw for 5000 again. Was it their fault that these QBs struggled and/or lost?

Because facts and objectivity aren't fun dammit!  Rant

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Any fan who hasn't been waiting to attack Dalton for two years knows any of those qb's mentioned has had down season and teams have failed to make the playoffs before. Heck some of them mentioned are on teams currently that won't make the playoffs this year either. But they'll help us more than they helped their current team I guess.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
How to improve the Cincinnati Bengals...make halftime the same length as between the other quarters.
By reducing the length of halftime, it helps reduce the chance that the opposition has time to make adjustments. Since the Bengals never make adjustments at the half, this would benefit the Bengals!
Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 01:27 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Because facts and objectivity aren't fun dammit!  Rant

No doubt. Like how we went conservative in the second half of the Pitt game and made Andy look bad.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 02:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt. Like how we went conservative in the second half of the Pitt game and made Andy look bad.

I'd say we ****** up by ignoring Burkhead and rolling with Hill.....kinda like we did BJGE in 2013 in the WC round.....but that's just me.  I'm not sure I ever mentioned conservative.....I thought I said something regarding the INCESSANT lack of halftime adjustments over 14 ***** years, but not conservative?  Ah, the good ol' Militia......must be getting pretty lonely there Colonel? LMAO

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 04:36 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: And you are lying he never got on his teammates in a game or any inside scoop stuff in the nfl you can see, ive never seen it. 

Probably because you're so far up McCarron's ass all you see is shit.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/0ap3000000552247/Sound-FX-Andy-Dalton

Go to 1:17. After a bad snap, he tells the center to get the snap up.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2016, 02:23 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Probably because you're so far up McCarron's ass all you see is shit.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/0ap3000000552247/Sound-FX-Andy-Dalton

Thanks for sharing. Other than jumping on Bodine, here's some highlights:

1. Telling Hue to "stay aggressive". Makes me wonder how often Dalton has to say this.
2. Telling Hue to loosen up. Kinda funny and just shows how easy going Dalton is during games
3. That throw after the low snap was impressive. He collected the ball off the turf and threw a beauty.
4. For those who say Dalton doesn't make "wow" throws, watch the 50+ yard rope he throws on the run to Tate. 
5. He talks to pretty much everyone on the sideline and seems well liked by his receivers.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2016, 02:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Thanks for sharing. Other than jumping on Bodine, here's some highlights:

1. Telling Hue to "stay aggressive". Makes me wonder how often Dalton has to say this.
2. Telling Hue to loosen up. Kinda funny and just shows how easy going Dalton is during games
3. That throw after the low snap was impressive. He collected the ball off the turf and threw a beauty.
4. For those who say Dalton doesn't make "wow" throws, watch the 50+ yard rope he throws on the run to Tate. 
5. He talks to pretty much everyone on the sideline and seems well liked by his receivers.

You're "lying"..... Ninja

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2016, 02:23 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Probably because you're so far up McCarron's ass all you see is shit.

I watched your video.ive seen it before actually.  So he told the center to get the pass up. Thats not getting mad with a teammate.  Dalton looked like mr nice guy in the video.  Dalton did have a good thing with hue jackson. Laat year i seen more of a fired up passionate dalton. 1 year guys out of 6.he actually had hue jackson for two.  I ate my words last year aout him, i liked andy.  I actually dont hate the guy. There's just more times then not  dont lik his play.ive already explained why.  Unless we find another QB whisper coach,i think we are in trouble with dalton as qb.
Reply/Quote
Before anyone says dalton made the playoffs 5 years in a row. How many times did the defense save him in the zimmer era, too damn many. Did he make plays and put up some numbers yes. But there's also been alot of bad too. Just like the cleveland game. There's been pics floating around busting his ass on his accuracy and turnovers. Im afraid dalton is like a tony romo scenario. His fan base loves him, but he just never gets it done, injury or not. I think its possible we will have dalton 5-6 years from now with the same arguments.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2016, 07:34 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Before anyone says dalton made the playoffs 5 years in a row.  How many times did the defense save him in the zimmer era, too damn many. Did he make plays and put up some numbers yes. But there's also been alot of bad too.  Just like the cleveland game. There's been pics floating around busting his ass on his accuracy and turnovers. Im afraid dalton is like a tony romo scenario.  His fan base loves him, but he just never gets it done, injury or not. I think its possible we will have dalton 5-6 years from now with the same arguments.
Likely true since Mikey won't make the necessary changes to really improve the team. Sick
Reply/Quote
Andy has 48 TDs to only 14 INTs over the last 2 years and people are talking about "turnovers".

Zimmer has been gone for 3 seasons and people are mentioning Zimmer's defense "saving" Andy.

Facepalm
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 03:47 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Just wondering where the Andy Dalton little drummer boys are? Do we put any of yesterdays loss on our QB? Or do we have some excuses?

Andy is an above average QB most of the time. But his performances in big games leave a lot to be desired. And I am not sold he can get us over the hump.

Little tidbit from the Bengals homepage. Dalton was 25th in the league in 4th quarter passer rating going into the Steelers game. And put up a 47.9 yesterday.

Unless he has a couple more 157 yard games he should break the 4,000 yard mark this year. For only the 2nd time in his career. And he will be lucky to get 20 passing TDs.

It is not impossible to improve on Dalton like some around here seem to think. Absolutely things could be worse at QB. But we could also do better.

What are those? Dalton's QB rating in his playoff games.

Give a lot of QBs one of the best WRs in the game and one of the best TEs in the game and one of the best defenses. And they too will win games.

Dalton is solid and has a favorable contract. But what if he isn't the answer? AJ McCarron won the games he was supposed to win last year. And almost beat the eventual Super Bowl champs at their house and barely lost a playoff game that we should have won. We have a good team. A top QB would dominate with this team around him (and a non-shitbag head coach).

And there's your answer, in bold. W any other coach, Dalton is even more of a winner than he has been since day one. Other coaches play to win. Marv plays not to lose. 

PS, Andy Dalton sucks.  Ninja
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
Make it stop! Dead Horse
Reply/Quote
So from what I read when we make the playoffs it's because of everyone else, but when we miss the playoffs its on Dalton? Shrugs.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 02:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: How to improve the Cincinnati Bengals...make halftime the same length as between the other quarters.
By reducing the length of halftime, it helps reduce the chance that the opposition has time to make adjustments. Since the Bengals never make adjustments at the half, this would benefit the Bengals!
Ninja

Some teams are good at making adjustments throughout the game, half time or no half time. Some seem to be able to adjust from drive to drive.

We have trouble adjusting from game to game. We seem to look the same every game. Didn't work last week or the week before, but we trot out there with the same plays.

Reply/Quote