Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
1st Post-Orlando Brown Hot Take... Jonah...
(03-16-2023, 12:03 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Agreed. Also, remember LC has some experience at guard. We have no backup guards at the moment. 

OT: Brown, J. Williams, Collins, Carman, Adeniji, Smith 
OG: Cappa, Volson 
C: Karras, T. Hill 

If Jonah was moved to LG as OP stated then Volson would be a back up Guard too. 

Also like the idea of having LC at LG and let Jonah and Carman battle it out for RT.  LC and Brown side by side could do some road grading. 

Who knows what their plans for OL are going to be, but I certainly think it's a good problem to have. Don't think I would try Carman back at Guard though, he looked much better as a OT. Jonah and LC are both interesting possible choices there though. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 01:37 AM)Go Cards Wrote: If Jonah was moved to LG as OP stated then Volson would be a back up Guard too. 

Also like the idea of having LC at LG and let Jonah and Carman battle it out for RT.  LC and Brown side by side could do some road grading. 

Who knows what their plans for OL are going to be, but I certainly think it's a good problem to have. Don't think I would try Carman back at Guard though, he looked much better as a OT. Jonah and LC are both interesting though possible choices there though. 

LC was a kick ass guard his first few seasons

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:57 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Move Jonah to LG where his shorter arms wont be an issue and he could be a mainstay for a few more years here.

Brown, Jonah, Karras, Cappa ..... not bad...

RT?  I have no earthly idea, but I wouldnt cut LC, he doesnt cost any money if he isnt playing and he can absolutely back up both tackles and both guards.

I definitely like the idea of having an experienced left side guy at LG with a decent Volson backing him up and keeping LC for depth later in the year or to take over for whatever stopgap you might have chosen for RT until Collins is ready.

Only hangup is...not knowing when Collins will be back and what exactly do you do with RT if Jonah goes to LG and Collins isn't ready for at least a quarter of the year.

Getting Wright would really be nice and make this line something that would really get me jacked up. 

Since i don't think Wright will be there, i'm not even against getting a guy like....Dawand Jones (maybe a little trade back and pick up a pick?) if Jonah is going to LG and Collins is able to come back and take over if Jones is falling all over the place. Nah, now that i think about it, **** Jones (lol). I would think Carman would get first crack at RT, with Collins being a potential replacement if Carman can't handle it and if Wright isn't there, i'd prefer they look at another position. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:03 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Agreed. Also, remember LC has some experience at guard. We have no backup guards at the moment. 

OT: Brown, J. Williams, Collins, Carman, Adeniji, Smith 
OG: Cappa, Volson 
C: Karras, T. Hill 

Where does Ben Brown fit in?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:08 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Whyvwould we move JW to LG and stunt the HOF career of Cordell Volson?

You saucy bastard. 

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 03:28 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Where does Ben Brown fit in?

Maybe he takes Trey Hill's spot
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 03:33 AM)pulses Wrote: Maybe he takes Trey Hill's spot

I think Hill stays at C. I'd have Brown at G and cut Adeniji. 

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 03:36 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I think Hill stays at C. I'd have Brown at G and cut Adeniji. 
Adeniji definitely needs cut.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 03:36 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I think Hill stays at C. I'd have Brown at G and cut Adeniji. 

I wouldn't be mad if we drafted someone like Avila who played C and LG or someone like Tippman later on.
Reply/Quote
Jonah to LG Volson to RT
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:57 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Move Jonah to LG where his shorter arms wont be an issue and he could be a mainstay for a few more years here.

RT?  I have no earthly idea, but I wouldnt cut LC, he doesnt cost any money if he isnt playing and he can absolutely back up both tackles and both guards.

Collins would still count against the cap even if he's on PUP or IR.

I like the idea of Jonah at LG. I feel like he could excel there in a way that he wouldn't at LT.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't get too far ahead of ourselves. I reckon there are still some moving parts. Wouldn't be surprised if Collins was PUP'd come September. Wouldn't be surprised if Jonah was wearing a different uniform altogether.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 03:56 AM)tms Wrote: I wouldn't get too far ahead of ourselves. I reckon there are still some moving parts. Wouldn't be surprised if Collins was PUP'd come September. Wouldn't be surprised if Jonah was wearing a different uniform altogether.

Interesting. I hadn't thought of that. You're going to have a hard time getting a valuable pick for Jonah. I'm guessing if they do trade him, it will be a player for player swap like they did with Price for Hill. I'd keep him for one more year, kind of on a 'prove it' deal. I'd keep LC, also. Nothing wrong with adding quality depth or a new starter in mid to late season, especially one that knows the playbook.

And moving Jonah to LG is soooo 2021. There were many on here ready to move him inside if they took Sewell. I can't remember but I was probably one of those because I have never felt that he was a quality LT, always very below average. Few on here have called for o-line as a priority longer than me . . . I wanted Jonah to work out so bad, but to be honest, in his limited number of snaps, Jackson Carman has more "Wow!" moments as a Bengal than Jonah Williams. I'm very disappointed in his lack of improvement in both run blocking and pass blocking. Yet another Bengal to show up in Cincinnati and plateaued the moment he put on the striped helmet. I kind of admire his toughness but he's missed a lot of games and I don't think that he's got a lot of games left.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

I would absolutely cut LC. They can save up to $10 mil in cutting him, depending on timing, with an injury settlement. His back issues continue to be a problem and frankly he did not play well. Jonah is the one that would cost them to cut. If you move Jonah inside per your plan then you have several options at RT to include drafting one.

You have Volson who played RT at North Dakota St., you have D'ante Smith, Jackson Carman, and Akeem Adeniji.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 05:27 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Interesting. I hadn't thought of that. You're going to have a hard time getting a valuable pick for Jonah. I'm guessing if they do trade him, it will be a player for player swap like they did with Price for Hill.

So... Jonah for Ekeler ?
Ninja

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 03:43 AM)pulses Wrote: I wouldn't be mad if we drafted someone like Avila who played C and LG or someone like Tippman later on.

I would love to have Tippmann who frankly could be the best all around lineman in the draft. Having him behind Karras as the heir apparent would be awesome.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 05:46 AM)OSUfan Wrote: I would love to have Tippmann who frankly could be the best all around lineman in the draft. Having him behind Karras as the heir apparent would be awesome.

He's what a 3rd rounder?
Reply/Quote
I really don't understand why some of you want to mive Jonah to guard. Since his injuries, he has not been able to anchor, and plays like he's on roller skates. I can't think of a worse trait for a guard.
Reply/Quote
We’re gonna need this oline so we can score 35+ a game. Cause that D is gonna give up 30.
Reply/Quote
My guess is Collins will not be ready to start the year and Williams will play RT. His 5th year option is picked up so he’s not getting cut and his biggest issue is strength can’t see him playing guard. But I think where in a great spot if they keep Collins too. The offensive line has cost this team two Super Bowls. If there is an injury to Brown , Williams can kick to LT we have more depth and better options. Collins could also play guard. Just need to bolster the depth inside in the draft and think we’re in good shape.
Reply/Quote