Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
1st Post-Orlando Brown Hot Take... Jonah...
(03-16-2023, 07:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I really don't understand why some of you want to mive Jonah to guard. Since his injuries, he has not been able to anchor, and plays like he's on roller skates. I can't think of a worse trait for a guard.

True but think we are hoping he is healthy this year and more like the old Jonah
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
As least losing Bell and Bates culminated in getting Brown. The NFL is set up so you can't get every big name player. I trust the organization with the roster building. They'll figure something out with the DBs.

I love this signing. Burrow + OL is a good investment when roster building to contend.
Reply/Quote
Carman is so violent when he's Good Carman. But can he play RT? HE's only looked good at LT. Interesting training camp as someone said.

Oh and eff yeah!!!!! for the Orlando Brown signing.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 01:36 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I think both of these statements are way off base.

Yep, although losing both S's is not ideal, there are still plenty of great players on the Defense that features a brilliant mad scientist named Lou running it. 

Plus who doesn't agree that swapping Bates for Brown was a great move by the front office

Not opposed to moving CTB to safety if need be as well. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 02:09 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep, although losing both S's is not ideal, there are still plenty of great player on the Defense that features a brilliant mad scientist named Lou running it. 

Plus who doesn't agree that swapping Bates for Brown was a great move by the front office

Not opposed to moving CTB to safety if need be as well. 

Joe

Let me just say when I got up to go to work this morning I saw the O. Brown news and I've been smiling all day. Best news in awhile around here.

As far as how LG and RT shake out ?? Going to be an interesting camp. I'm fairly certain Jonah will not be at LT, could he move to LG? maybe Could he go to RT? How's he going to handle Watts? I doubt Collins is back and healthy until at least mid season? That is if he isn't given an injury release?

Where does Volson go? Is he just a backup? Will he beat out Jonah for LG? Where does Carman figure in all this? Lots of questions.

All I know for sure is I'm all for all the Oline starter and backup depth we can get. 
Reply/Quote
I think a few will be scrambling for a starting spots somewhere that aren’t accustomed to. Good damn deal, Have at it
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I just think it should now be mandatory on these forums that those who come with the take that "the Bengals are cheapskates" should automatically receive a ban (or at least a suspension).

What was so cool about this signing is that the $64M we paid to Brown was the same figure Bates got from ATL. So in essence, we swapped Jessie Bates, who we knew was leaving, and who's replacement we already drafted and has a year's experience with the team in Hill, for Orlando Brown for the same money.

As far as Hurst...loved him. But this is a TE rich draft. He can easily be replaced and that saved money for a draftee on a rookie contract can be used elsewhere.

Loved Bell also, but ppl forget he was let go by the Saints when we picked him up. I trust the FO to find a replacement at the same or less money. I am proud of how smart the Bengals are doing with not getting into salary cap hell, and prioritizing money allocated for the correct positions.
Reply/Quote
Pollack confirms Brown will play LT, as expected.

On RT: "Competition brings out the best in everybody... LC rehabbing, we'll move Jonah over there... we're excited for that [competition] to develop and bring out the best of what we've got in the room on the offensive line."
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 04:27 PM)BengalBob Wrote: Pollack confirms Brown will play LT, as expected.

On RT: "Competition brings out the best in everybody... LC rehabbing, we'll move Jonah over there... we're excited for that [competition] to develop and bring out the best of what we've got in the room on the offensive line."

The offensive tackle group just went from ugh what are we going to do to a very fun off-season battle.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 04:27 PM)BengalBob Wrote: Pollack confirms Brown will play LT, as expected.

Although Jonah expressed he wants to play LT, he will have every motivation in the world to be successful as a RT in a contract year. 
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:57 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Move Jonah to LG where his shorter arms wont be an issue and he could be a mainstay for a few more years here.

Brown, Jonah, Karras, Cappa ..... not bad...

RT?  I have no earthly idea, but I wouldnt cut LC, he doesnt cost any money if he isnt playing and he can absolutely back up both tackles and both guards.

Jonah gets pushed around by Ends, imagine him going against NT's and 3-techs...

RT or trade are my thoughts about Jonah after the Brown addition.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 04:30 PM)Synric Wrote: The offensive tackle group just went from ugh what are we going to do to a very fun off-season battle.

Brown Jr., Volson, Karras, Cappa and Williams/Collins. JoeyB is going to feast. We may very well have 3 1000 yd receivers and a 1000 yd back this coming season.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 04:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Jonah gets pushed around by Ends, imagine him going against NT's and 3-techs...

Jonah is still going to get pushed around at RT.  They can bull rush you at RT just as easily as they can at LT.  If at all possible I would trade Jonah and his 12.6 million salary that could be better spent elsewhere
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 05:16 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Jonah is still going to get pushed around at RT.  They can bull rush you at RT just as easily as they can at LT.  If at all possible I would trade Jonah and his 12.6 million salary that could be better spent elsewhere

Cannot disagree unless he heals up from the knee cap problems and the other injuries. But that is the thing, he is also injury prone.

A trade sounds the most logical to me even if I doubt we go that route. Hopefully Carman shows well at RT or we draft Darnell Wright.

But for all we know we could trade Jonah, the Orlando Brown signing makes me think anything is possible now.
Reply/Quote
not every defensive end is a bull rusher...

there's a reason Jonah has positive grades at tackle
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 05:31 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: not every defensive end is a bull rusher...

there's a reason Jonah has positive grades at tackle

True. Never know, if he gains some muscle specifically works on his anchor and stays healthy for once he might be a good RT.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like a Collins/Williams battle at RT according to Pollack.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2023/3/16/23643672/frank-pollack-jonah-williams-lael-collins-right-tackle-bengals?fbclid=IwAR2Yfl9cxXGFC0hefUcCbCxxkZf_N9BUxItkPREwV0E9LCxRxtFn5vuY61M
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 05:45 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Sounds like a Collins/Williams battle at RT according to Pollack.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2023/3/16/23643672/frank-pollack-jonah-williams-lael-collins-right-tackle-bengals?fbclid=IwAR2Yfl9cxXGFC0hefUcCbCxxkZf_N9BUxItkPREwV0E9LCxRxtFn5vuY61M

Collins isn't going to be battling anything but his injury for awhile. Just more smoke from Pollack.

Jonah and Carman should be battling for the starting spot and while Carman didn't play well at G he might be better on the edge.

He might have problems with space playing inside at Guard more than just playing on a different side yah never know.

All I do know is Carman doesn't get pushed around like Jonah was last year.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 04:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Jonah gets pushed around by Ends, imagine him going against NT's and 3-techs...

I’ve hoped for a trade since seeing Carman handle LT well with the lights on bright. Now with Brown there is just one position battle, RT and Adeniji is packing his bags. Williams or Carman? Training camp. Get a mid round guard in the draft, a guard like Cody Ford and the revamped line is complete. Never again the Bengals opening offensive sequences of the AFC Championship game.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 06:01 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: I’ve hoped for a trade since seeing Carman handle LT well with the lights on bright. Now with Brown there is just one position battle, RT and Adeniji is packing his bags. Williams or Carman?  Training camp. Get a mid round guard in the draft, a guard like  Cody Ford and the revamped line is complete. Never again the Bengals opening offensive sequences of the AFC Championship game.

It was impressive what Carman did in the Playoffs, I mean Ends are playing the hardest they can possibly play in those moments.

That isn't something to just brush off even if it was only a few games. Sure, he needs to prove himself a ton to get a starting spot but 
if Carman can play on the edge better on both sides I could see him being better than Jonah after what we saw in the Playoffs. Carman 
WAS our best OL in the AFC Championship.
Reply/Quote