Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2-16!
I don't want to be too negative here, because the team is still 4-2 and still gets another shot at the Steelers in the final game...but the fact that Marvin-led teams have now lost 16 of 18 at HOME versus Pittsburgh is beyond mind-boggling. 

I still feel good about this team overall and still think they'll be there in the mix at year's end as far as playoff contention is concerned, but I'm just sick and tired of seeing the Bengals get embarrassed in their own house by the damn Steelers. 
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 05:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I don't want to be too negative here, because the team is still 4-2 and still gets another shot at the Steelers in the final game...but the fact that Marvin-led teams have now lost 16 of 18 at HOME versus Pittsburgh is beyond mind-boggling. 

I still feel good about this team overall and still think they'll be there in the mix at year's end as far as playoff contention is concerned, but I'm just sick and tired of seeing the Bengals get embarrassed in their own house by the damn Steelers. 

Same.

I’m also tired of Dre Kirkpatrick.
Reply/Quote
UNBELIEVABLE!!

I just don't have an answer, outside of some things just never change.

I just don't believe they will ever house a Lombardi until they can get this monkey off of their backs!!

Regardless of how they do for the season, they are most likely going to have to go through this team, Pats, and/or Jags to get there!

Unbelievable!
Reply/Quote
This game is on Marvin. The clock management at the end was pitiful. You can’t leave Ben that much time. You’ve watched him do this for 14 years, Marvin. You know better than to leave Ben 1:18 and three timeouts.

It’s like watching a poorly written movie trying to execute a dramatic scene. “Ohhhh no, Cincinnati scores to take the lead! But wait....there’s still time left.” Incredibly frustrating.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 05:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I don't want to be too negative here, because the team is still 4-2 and still gets another shot at the Steelers in the final game...but the fact that Marvin-led teams have now lost 16 of 18 at HOME versus Pittsburgh is beyond mind-boggling. 

CANNOT beat the stoolers and never have,they so suck,this so called bungles team is going no where. the stoolers will win the division and go to the superbowl.mark this down they are so damn good, I wish we had a real coach and a damn leader,fire marvin,someone please,i have to live with this shit all year,makes me sick,i so hate the stoolers, I have my whole life,they so suck,i so hate their ass.they are going to kill the bungles at their place,if you cannot beat their ass at your house ,you damn well SUCK SUCK SUCK.I HATE LOSING TO THEIR ASS,I SO HATE IT.
Reply/Quote
OL just sucks and defense is banged up.

Team played with heart but was hamstrung by above and refs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
[Image: DD8RmYuj_400x400.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I can't blame the offensive calls. They absolutely needed to score, but the defensive calls were written in Pittsburgh once again. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 05:35 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: UNBELIEVABLE!!

I just don't have an answer, outside of some things just never change.

I just don't believe they will ever house a Lombardi until they can get this monkey off of their backs!!

It's gone far past being a monkey on their backs. It's a damn hippo at this point, and it's seems to get larger every year.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
Did Geno Atkins play today ? He was nowhere to be found along with the rest of the D-Line. Way too much talent for a no show from the D-line. How bad is Josh Malone that he can’t play over Cody Core ? Thought Erickson and Uzmoanh played well.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 05:33 PM)thillan Wrote: Same.

I’m also tired of Dre Kirkpatrick.

I actually thought Kirk had an outstanding day.

That break up on the long pass that should have been a touchdown was a game saver...
For the time.

He did have the holding call, but with 1:18 left there was no way they weren't getting in field goal range, so I didn't mind it so much.

The fact that the Bengals were caught showing blitz and when Ben adjusted the play they didn't adjust back was ***** painful though.
Reply/Quote
I don't mean anything towards you, Holic...but I'm sick to death of the Marvin related topics (playoffs, prime-time, Steelers).

What else is there to say? It's not going to change. We keep coming up with new reasons for hope, then Lucie moves the football and we're on our ass again.

Marvin is forever that tease who will let you round 3rd, then shut you down at home plate. If you're happy with 3rd base, she's your chick. If you want more, better find a new girlfriend.

:giggle:
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
It's a record right? It has to be a record.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 05:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It's gone far past being a monkey on their backs. It's a damn hippo at this point, and it's seems to get larger every year.  Whatever

I know didn't handle my grammar error and approach before, and I apologize or that, but can, at least some of you see why I, personally, hope for the best, and expect the worst?
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 05:41 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I actually thought Kirk had an outstanding day.

That break up on the long pass that should have been a touchdown was a game saver...
For the time.

He did have the holding call, but with 1:18 left there was no way they weren't getting in field goal range, so I didn't mind it so much.

The fact that the Bengals were caught showing blitz and when Ben adjusted the play they didn't adjust back was ***** painful though.

Yeah, I was ecstatic when Mixon scored...but realized there was still over a minute left, and knew it wasn't going to end well.  Bang Head
Reply/Quote
My wife has wanted to see A Star is Born. I had zero interest, but decided hey let’s go during the game. I knew how the game was going to end. If I had gone to a movie every time the Steelers came here while Marvin was coach, I would have been disappointed twice. People can say what they like about my dedication as a fan. I no longer want to watch it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 05:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't mean anything towards you, Holic...but I'm sick to death of the Marvin related topics (playoffs, prime-time, Steelers).

What else is there to say? It's not going to change. We keep coming up with new reasons for hope, then Lucie moves the football and we're on our ass again.

Marvin is forever that tease who will let you round 3rd, then shut you down at home plate. If you're happy with 3rd base, she's your chick. If you want more, better find a new girlfriend.

:giggle:

No playoffs wins in his 3.7 centuries as HC is not the equivalent of rounding third with a girl. It’s the friend zone.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 05:46 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, I was ecstatic when Mixon scored...but when I realized there was still over a minute left, I knew it wasn't going to end well.  Bang Head

And the sad part is we had the ability to get another first down before 1st and goal. So I wanted them to run it a few times. I do think Mixon kind of got caught up in the moment. If I were him I would have done my best to get the first down but not the touchdown quite yet. He had too much faith in the defense. But 1:18 and 3 TOs to go ~40 yards and get a field goal is just way too easy against a defense with no pass rush and a bunch of injured starters, especially when it's against Roethlisberger.

A veteran, I think knees it at the one (if possible) and takes another minute off the clock.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 05:47 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: No playoffs wins in his 3.7 centuries as HC is not the equivalent of rounding third with a girl. It’s the friend zone.

[Image: tenor.gif]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 05:48 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: And the sad part is we had the ability to get another first down before 1st and goal. So I wanted them to run it a few times. I do think Mixon kind of got caught up in the moment. If I were him I would have done my best to get the first down but not the touchdown quite yet. He had too much faith in the defense. But 1:18 and 3 TOs to go ~40 yards and get a field goal is just way too easy against a defense with no pass rush and a bunch of injured starters, especially when it's against Roethlisberger.

A veteran, I think knees it at the one (if possible) and takes another minute off the clock.

Stop it. No he doesn’t. Running the clock out is purely playcalling. All they did was run out routes to the sideline that whole drive. That’s not how you kill the clock.
Reply/Quote