Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, Norv Turner is available.....
(11-02-2016, 05:22 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Turner is a dam good coach and would be a good replacement for Marvin or an excellent consultant for the rest of the year.

Zamp is not really a problem in my humble opinion. Line play on both sides is the problem

Plus Marvin cannot control his players

I am completely sick of our guys losing their cool and getting called for dumb personal fouls.

yep. It's flat out embarrassing at times. And to think I was one of Marv's biggest defenders back in the 2006 offseason  Whatever

The inability to control his players and his overall dumb-f***ery on game day wore thin years ago.
Reply/Quote
Pass. His offense doesn't fit the players we have.

it's worth noting that with the exception of the 2004 Raiders, the only times Norv's offense was in the top 10, was when he had a solid offensive line.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wow. The No. 6 total offense in the league, the No. 6 rush offense, the No. 6 pass offense - not good enough? Red zone issues were all that plagued this team and suddenly, 85 returns and they go 4-for-4. I think Zamp found his rhythm v New England and has schemed around the bad pass protection quite well of late. Only so much you can do when the o-line is struggling as it is. High standards are good to have, but not sure a top 10 offense after eight weeks is a fireable offense.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 06:11 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Wow. The No. 6 total offense in the league, the No. 6 rush offense, the No. 6 pass offense - not good enough? Red zone issues were all that plagued this team and suddenly, 85 returns and they go 4-for-4. I think Zamp found his rhythm v New England and has schemed around the bad pass protection quite well of late. Only so much you can do when the o-line is struggling as it is. High standards are good to have, but not sure a top 10 offense after eight weeks is a fireable offense.

you have to adapt to the bad oline play...  Hue seemed to manage that okay as the OL has only turned over 1 player since those times.

Routes are taking to long to develop need to get back to the fast attack (ie quick releases by Dalton)
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 06:11 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Wow. The No. 6 total offense in the league, the No. 6 rush offense, the No. 6 pass offense - not good enough? Red zone issues were all that plagued this team and suddenly, 85 returns and they go 4-for-4. I think Zamp found his rhythm v New England and has schemed around the bad pass protection quite well of late. Only so much you can do when the o-line is struggling as it is. High standards are good to have, but not sure a top 10 offense after eight weeks is a fireable offense.

You aren't going to convince people with very poor football knowledge that every bengals coach and player doesn't need to be fired. There were people on here who were honestly blaming Zampeze for us losing last week when we put up 27, had a missed xp, missed fg, and had Dalton miss on mutiple possible TD throws. Some people on here don't have high standards, they have biases against certain people and try to force their opinions regardless of logic, reason, or fact  

If people on here had their way we literally wouldn't even have enough players or coaches to field a team. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 04:22 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: He might be a better fit than people think. Turner learned offense and bases his off the Air Coryell offense that Zampese's dad was the OC for. I would guess our players would pick it up pretty quickly because the verbiage and concepts are similar or the same. Mastering a new play/offense is a different story. It takes serious repetition to have a play so ingrained you don't have to think during it, just act and react.
When are the Bengal players going to start doing this?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 06:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: you have to adapt to the bad oline play...  Hue seemed to manage that okay as the OL has only turned over 1 player since those times.

Routes are taking to long to develop need to get back to the fast attack (ie quick releases by Dalton)

You also have to remember this is his first time as an OC, I think that's something too many people are overlooking. Hue had alot more experience as a coach at that level even befote he became the OC. Also, people keep acting like Hue was infallible when he was here. We've already seen how big of a difference Eifert makes on the offense. Not having one of the best redzone targets in the league isn't exactly a small deal. 

One player changing can make a big difference for an OL, especially when that change is to someone playing like Ced . Even the Pats line was doing terrible when they traded Mankins at the beginning of the season. It took them weeks and mutiple changes before they got theirs figured out. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 11:52 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Have at it....

He was able to do more with less up in Minnesota than we've been able to do here.

Being fired by Zim makes him a tough hire though, unless it's as an advisor who breaks down tape and helps with game planning. Might be a perfect role for him and God knows we can use the help on either side of the ball.

Reply/Quote

Does he have any say on if ohbugi plays and bodine, or as that up to Paul Alexander like it sounded like it wasin his interview,thought that was a complete joke if he's got say. 
Reply/Quote
He will most likely go somewhere else and look as good as Jack del Rio is, yeah we whiffed on him too. And marvin is supposedly his buddy.
Reply/Quote
Have not been happy with Zampese but agree,

really can not judge him fairly the way the Oline has played.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 01:40 AM)BengalChris Wrote: He was able to do more with less up in Minnesota than we've been able to do here.

Being fired by Zim makes him a tough hire though, unless it's as an advisor who breaks down tape and helps with game planning. Might be a perfect role for him and God knows we can use the help on either side of the ball.

I'm not suggesting bringing him here, I just saw where he resigned and knew the inevitable thread was coming, so I started it..... Wink
Reply/Quote
Hell, looks like Minny fired the wrong coach. After a 4-game losing streak the Vikings have to fire Zims unless they are satisfied with mediocrity. Question is would we take him back as DC
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2016, 08:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell, looks like Minny fired the wrong coach. After a 4-game losing streak the Vikings have to fire Zims unless they are satisfied with mediocrity. Question is would we take him back as DC

LMAO
Reply/Quote