Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, Norv Turner is available.....
Have at it....
Reply/Quote
I can't imagine he was fired. Losing two tackles, your QB, and last year's rushing leader can stall a lot of offenses.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 12:06 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I can't imagine he was fired.  Losing two tackles, your QB, and last year's rushing leader can stall a lot of offenses.

Zimmer makes Ws, not excuses.

Mellow
Reply/Quote
Look how these other programs make changes, trade people, cut people if they are not getting the job done, then here we are, the Bengals we just keep things the same. We are sitting here with the laughing stock of the NFL as head coach(Marvin Lewis) and DC who looks like he dressed up as a member of Jersey Shore years ago for Halloween and then decided to never take the costume off, even after he packed on a couple pounds, and a kicker who can't even be trusted to knock through a extra point! What a joke!
Reply/Quote
If anything bring him in as a consultant on offense, and if things dont improve by years end, offer him the oc job. But it would be a terrible idea to fire Zampese now, and bring in a coordinator outside of the system currently ran. That is if there is a real chance they can still make the playoffs.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I would bring him in today for oc, fire zamp today. But that's just me, not Mike brown.
Reply/Quote
If here were in Cinci, he would probably have an extension already!
Reply/Quote
seems strange , his son is still on the staff and they're going well despite the injury plague...hope everything is OK with his health.

Personally i'd rather let Zamp get on with it for now and stamp his own identity on the offense - he's been waiting in the wings long enough ...not sure I'd want someone like Turner looking over my shoulder.

He's got a real good opportunity in the second half of the season as long as Eifert stays healthy and the Winston/Og fix holds up to get this offense rolling.
Reply/Quote
Nope. He could never do anything with that super talented Chargers team he had.

And if he isn't sick, he's obviously a quitter.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 12:10 PM)Benton Wrote: Zimmer makes Ws, not excuses.

Mellow

Based on the press conference I highly doubt it was him who wanted this. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 12:06 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I can't imagine he was fired.  Losing two tackles, your QB, and last year's rushing leader can stall a lot of offenses.

He wasn't fired. He resigned. Apparently he felt it was better for the team for him to do so.

Now their OC is Pat Shurmur, former OC for the Eagles and HC of the Browns.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 02:15 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote:
He wasn't fired. He resigned. Apparently he felt it was better for the team for him to do so.

Now their OC is Pat Shurmur, former OC for the Eagles and HC of the Browns.

Marvin could learn a lot from how Norv handled his situation.  Saw the team was better off and made the appropriate decision.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 12:49 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I would bring him in today for oc, fire zamp today. But that's just me, not Mike brown.

That would be pretty damn dumb to try and install a whole new offense in a week. I am glad you aren't making the decisions.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 02:36 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Marvin could learn a lot from how Norv handled his situation.  Saw the team was better off and made the appropriate decision.

But, the team wouldn't be better off in the hands lined up behind him. I want a change too but let's not be silly about it. 

Reply/Quote
Norv Turner available? Someone call McDonalds headquarters, they could use a below average fry cook.
Reply/Quote
Bring him aboard as an assistant OC or "offensive consultant" or something. Would love to have him on the staff.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 02:54 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: But, the team wouldn't be better off in the hands lined up behind him. I want a change too but let's not be silly about it. 

I was not implying he should retire/resign this instant, or at any point during the season.  But if this season keeps going like it has, and with 14 seasons under his belt, I think it would be time for Marvin to step down for the best interest of the organization long-term.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 12:49 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I would bring him in today for oc, fire zamp today. But that's just me, not Mike brown.

Absolutely this. But it ain't happening.
Reply/Quote
He might be a better fit than people think. Turner learned offense and bases his off the Air Coryell offense that Zampese's dad was the OC for. I would guess our players would pick it up pretty quickly because the verbiage and concepts are similar or the same. Mastering a new play/offense is a different story. It takes serious repetition to have a play so ingrained you don't have to think during it, just act and react.
Reply/Quote
Turner is a dam good coach and would be a good replacement for Marvin or an excellent consultant for the rest of the year.

Zamp is not really a problem in my humble opinion. Line play on both sides is the problem

Plus Marvin cannot control his players

I am completely sick of our guys losing their cool and getting called for dumb personal fouls.
Reply/Quote