Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Important Days
(03-31-2021, 01:07 PM)lone bengal Wrote: I always find it funny when scouts go crazy over how good or bad a players numbers are. I’m not a scout but I feel like the most important thing is what the player puts on tape versus other top players and opponents.  Also there work ethic and what there coaches say about there character. DK Metcalf had a slower 3 cone drill than Tom Brady and John Ross had the fastest 40 time. Got scouts going crazy when a quarterback can throw the ball 70 yards in shorts and the film shows they can’t read a defense and have no accuracy. I expect guys like Pitts ,Chase and Sewell to put up freaky physical stats and if they don’t I just care if they can play football.

Numbers are just another Check Mark in a prospects evaluation.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 12:55 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: OR do you want the left tackle that'll protect your franchise QB's blind side from TJ Watt, Myles Garrett, and Matt Judon and whomever comes after them for the next 15 years?

The Bengals already have a LT Jonah Williams 
Didnt Matt Judon sign with anorher team?
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 01:29 PM)impactplaya Wrote: The Bengals already have a LT Jonah Williams 
Didnt Matt Judon sign with anorher team?

Jonah Williams has played 10 out of 32 (31.3%) possible games with 3 separate injuries. That is far far worse than Tyler Eifert (52.7%) as a Bengal.

People not named Jonah Williams have started more than twice as many games as Jonah Williams at LT since he was drafted. Fred Johnson and Hakeem Adeniji combined to start more games in 2020 than Jonah Williams has in his 2 year career.

I have no idea about Judon and I don't particularly give a crap about the Ravens, my point remains regardless of which team he plays for. Chase and Pitts won't do shit if the starting QB is Allen.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 02:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Jonah Williams has played 10 out of 32 (31.3%) possible games with 3 separate injuries. That is far far worse than Tyler Eifert (52.7%) as a Bengal.

People not named Jonah Williams have started more than twice as many games as Jonah Williams at LT since he was drafted. Fred Johnson and Hakeem Adeniji combined to start more games in 2020 than Jonah Williams has in his 2 year career.

I have no idea about Judon and I don't particularly give a crap about the Ravens, my point remains regardless of which team he plays for. Chase and Pitts won't do shit if the starting QB is Allen.

Are there other possibilities for the Bengals at LT if they dont draft Penei Sewell? 
Are you saying Jonah Williams is not the starting LT this year?
If the Bengals draft Sewell then can you  guarentee
That Burrow will not be hit this year?
Cause it sounds like if Penei is drafted that that guarentees
Burrow will have a clean jersey for 16 games
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 02:16 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Are there other possibilities for the Bengals at LT if they dont draft Penei Sewell? 

I'm saying any plan that relies on Jonah Williams being there healthy is an absolutely terrible plan. You can hope he'll be healthy, but you can't rely on it happening. If you keep basing your plan on injury-prone people being healthy, that's not a plan, that's just a hope and a wish.

All your mentioning of guarantee bullshit is just you choosing to willfully display your ignorance considering I never once said Burrow wouldn't be hit, I never once said that Sewell guarantees anything. That's the type of shit that'll get people to stop replying to your posts entirely.

Jonah Williams is not reliable. He can't be counted upon. That's all I said. If you continue to choose to assume I said more than that, we're done and you can haiku post with yourself.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 02:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Jonah Williams has played 10 out of 32 (31.3%) possible games with 3 separate injuries. That is far far worse than Tyler Eifert (52.7%) as a Bengal.

While basically true, it's a little misleading the way you present it as he is hurt all the time. He missed his whole first season with one injury. For all anyone knows, ANYONE we draft can miss their first season with injury. In fact, it seems to happen a LOT to this team.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 02:26 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm saying any plan that relies on Jonah Williams being there healthy is an absolutely terrible plan. You can hope he'll be healthy, but you can't rely on it happening. If you keep basing your plan on injury-prone people being healthy, that's not a plan, that's just a hope and a wish.

All your mentioning of guarantee bullshit is just you choosing to willfully display your ignorance considering I never once said Burrow wouldn't be hit, I never once said that Sewell guarantees anything. That's the type of shit that'll get people to stop replying to your posts entirely.

Jonah Williams is not reliable. He can't be counted upon. That's all I said. If you continue to choose to assume I said more than that, we're done and you can haiku post with yourself.

You make it sound like if the Bengals dont draft Sewell then 
JB automatically ends up on the IR again
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 02:38 PM)impactplaya Wrote: You make it sound like if the Bengals dont draft Sewell then 
JB automatically ends up on the IR again

Not to mention, we have Reiff for this season, and if they don't extend him, there will be OT's in the 2022 draft as well....
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 02:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: While basically true, it's a little misleading the way you present it as he is hurt all the time. He missed his whole first season with one injury. For all anyone knows, ANYONE we draft can miss their first season with injury. In fact, it seems to happen a LOT to this team.

And then he missed multiple games each time with 2 separate injuries in his second season, including a season ending injury.

Shoulder Surgery (16 games, season ending)
Neck Injury (2 games + a bye week)
Knee Injury (4 games, season ending)

In 2 years. That's not good, man. That IS hurt all the time, not misleading at all. I sure hope he stays healthy and plays all 17 in 2021, but that sure doesn't seem likely and a poor idea to bank your plans upon it happening.

Even those 10 games played are counting the partial games he got hurt in as whole games. He's actually only played 8 games to completion in 2 years.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 10:01 AM)pally Wrote: Today is LSU's pro day and tomorrow will be Oregon's.  After more than a year we will finally get a glimpse of the 2 guys who are at the top of the Bengals draft board.

I'm interested in seeing how fast Chase will run and if his ball skills are still looking good.

Sewell will be interesting, last time we saw him he was just barely 19.  At that age he was likely still growing.  Is he taller, heavier, stronger?    
Will he be in shape ( a challenge for so many linemen?  How will he move?

Today is also Florida's pro day...Zac is there to get a look a Kyle Pitts.  I assume then that Brian Callahan or Duke is in Louisiana

Love it. Would love any one of these players and I want to see how in shape Sewell is as you say cause this would influence 
our pick more than anything, I know Pitts and Chase are in great shape. If Sewell even seems a bit out of shape I am for the
other two with how deep this Draft is at OT.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 10:47 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Shockingly good shape for a 325lb guy. No Andre Smith moobs there (Smith was 2 inches shorter, 7lbs heavier, but looked nothing like this). Glad to see Sewell hasn't been relaxing and letting himself go during his opt out year. Make it happen at #5, Bengals! Protect Burrow!

[Image: ExsEtopVgAQoHj3?format=jpg&name=large]

No chest muscle at all you can tell he dont work out much.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 03:59 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: No chest muscle at all you can tell he dont work out much.

Um... what? 

What kind of body type are you expecting from a 325lb man, no steroids, who also still needs to maintain athletic flexibility (aka not a body builder)? A 20-year-old at that.

[Image: awt.JPG]

I think you have a wrong mental image of what in-shape NFL OL look like.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 02:26 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm saying any plan that relies on Jonah Williams being there healthy is an absolutely terrible plan. You can hope he'll be healthy, but you can't rely on it happening. If you keep basing your plan on injury-prone people being healthy, that's not a plan, that's just a hope and a wish.

Look, I get what you're saying, but every team goes into the next season "planning" on injury-prone people to NOT be injured. Bengals did it for years with Eifert.Teams just don't sign "over" guys especially ones they drafted very high and are paying good money to. They can''t afford that luxury. The roster is only so large and to rob Peter to pay Paul, so to speak, when they need help at other positions is exactly that.

Do you think MLB teams that lose a good pitcher or two or, rather, highly-compensated ones just for a season due to an injury that requires surgery but are expected to recover just go back out and sign two more? Of course they don't. If Dr. Andrews or any highly qualified, reputable Doc says they're good-to-go in 8-10 months then those teams "plan" on them coming back.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 02:16 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Are there other possibilities for the Bengals at LT if they dont draft Penei Sewell? 

a first round tackle whether it is Sewell or the other top prospect, allows Sewell or the other guy to play guard their first season, because one of those first round tackles should at least be able to beat out XSF or Spain for one of the guard positions. 

second, it also doubles as Reiff's replacement should the bengals not re-sign a 30 year old right tackle who may or may not be 31 when the season is in motion.

and last but not least, it triples as a back up tackle if Jonah Williams should get hurt again.

or even if Reiff gets hurt
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 10:33 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Imagine if the Bengals built such a smokescreen around Sewell and Chase and then do a completely unexpected move by taking Pitts (to my delight)!

Or Slater causing a major Bengal fan meltdown!
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 04:21 PM)GodFather Wrote: Or Slater causing a major Bengal fan meltdown!

Or defense, causing fans to pick a new team  Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 04:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Or defense, causing fans to pick a new team  Ninja

you know I wouldnt be mad if they went defense there

they just better go guard and center rounds 2 and 3

Im not a person who thinks pass catchers are a super necessity when the defense stinks and the o-line also stinks
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 04:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Um... what? 

What kind of body type are you expecting from a 325lb man, no steroids, who also still needs to maintain athletic flexibility (aka not a body builder)? A 20-year-old at that.

[Image: awt.JPG]

I think you have a wrong mental image of what in-shape NFL OL look like.
In Whits pic his hands are not clinched shut as tight as he can like in Sewells pic you can tell Sewell is flexing. no love handles in whits pic you can see Sewells love handles even though he is trying to hide them with his forearms. Sewell is doing his best Hulk Hogan pose and he has no muscle defination at all in his chest, forearms or biceps. Not to metion Whit is prolly 30 something in his pic and Sewell is 20 or so. Not to mention he is in a gym and has no sweat at all on him only thing he has been doing is texting on that phone.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 04:21 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: a first round tackle whether it is Sewell or the other top prospect, allows Sewell or the other guy to play guard their first season, because one of those first round tackles should at least be able to beat out XSF or Spain for one of the guard positions. 

second, it also doubles as Reiff's replacement should the bengals not re-sign a 30 year old right tackle who may or may not be 31 when the season is in motion.

and last but not least, it triples as a back up tackle if Jonah Williams should get hurt again.

or even if Reiff gets hurt

Why not draft a OG like Trey Smith or Wyatt Davis then if you are looking for a rookie to compete with Spain and XSF.
OG is not Penei natural spot. 
People keep on saying "oh my god if we dont draft Penei
Burrow will be buried and on the IR blah blah....
At the end of day guess what if you draft Sewell and move him 
To OG that equates to he has ZERO game experience
Playing OG in Week 1. 
How is that a upgrade of XSF or Spain?
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 04:43 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Why not draft a OG like Trey Smith or Wyatt Davis then if you are looking for a rookie to compete with Spain and XSF.
OG is not Penei natural spot. 
People keep on saying "oh my god if we dont draft Penei
Burrow will be buried and on the IR blah blah....
At the end of day guess what if you draft Sewell and move him 
To OG that equates to he has ZERO game experience
Playing OG in Week 1. 
How is that a upgrade of XSF or Spain?
well if he's playing OG in week 1, that means he was an upgrade over one of the current guards...

it's called preseason and practice and training camp.

position battles

whitworth played guard year 1

these what ifs lmao

what if the bengals cant run the ball and they have to throw it 50 times a game again

I can play this game too
Reply/Quote