Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Ohio State Buckeyes
What a dogshit performance so far
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2015, 07:26 PM)Millhouse Wrote: What a dogshit performance so far

We don't deserve to win it; and, win or lose, we WILL drop from #1.
Reply/Quote
I don't know that I've ever seen a team win that deserved to lose as much as the Buckeyes against NIU. 5 turnovers and horrendous clock management. Offense played like PopNFresh..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2015, 07:49 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: We don't deserve to win it; and, win or lose, we WILL drop from #1.

Unless Alabama loses to ol miss they'll be number 1.

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Urban gonna have another "heart issue" soon
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2015, 08:04 PM)grampahol Wrote: Unless Alabama loses to ol miss they'll be number 1.

And NIU should be ranked...
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2015, 06:28 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Without all the cutesy multiple fake sweeps, etc.  Just good, old-fashioned North-South running with Zeke to draw in the secondary.  Especially since the Oline will enjoy putting their heads down and pushing guys.

The o-line has been what's killed us the most. The in-ability to block a 3-4 defense is mind boggling. Two weeks in a row we've faced a 3-4 defense and they've really confused us. 

Play calling and giving up on your QB when things go bad isn't the best recipe for a quality win, either. This staff has a lot of work to do. Honestly, I don't see this as a talent problem, but more of a coaching problem, so i am very confident they will hit the drawing boards and fix this.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2015, 08:02 PM)grampahol Wrote: I don't know that I've ever seen a team win that deserved to lose as much as the Buckeyes against NIU. 5 turnovers and horrendous clock management.  Offense played like PopNFresh..

Truth. But they gutted it out and got the ugly win. 

Plus Bama lost  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I would now like to see Braxton Miller back in the mix as starting QB....If JT and Jones can't move the team, we do have the Heisman type QB that got injured, but is back. ....The Big 10 games soon upon us, it's time to crank up the jams.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 06:57 PM)kevin Wrote: I would now like to see Braxton Miller back in the mix as starting QB....If JT and Jones can't move the team, we do have the Heisman type QB that got injured, but is back. ....The Big 10 games soon upon us, it's time to crank up the jams.

No thanks.

They need to stick with ONE QB and stay with it. They also need to fix the awful play-calling. And figure out how to block a 3-4 front. 
Reply/Quote
Come on man... Yes the Buckeyes didn't play good against a MAC team, but come on to say they need to drop despite winning is absurd. If Vandy would have taken a #1 Bama into overtime we wouldn't be saying the Tide need to drop. It happens, sometimes you just play flat, which was probably the case Saturday.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 11:16 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Come on man... Yes the Buckeyes didn't play good against a MAC team, but come on to say they need to drop despite winning is absurd. If Vandy would have taken a #1 Bama into overtime we wouldn't be saying the Tide need to drop. It happens, sometimes you just play flat, which was probably the case Saturday.

I personally am not very happy with the QB play. Why in the Hell are we not running Zeke more??? We have gotten away from him and things are now harder!

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 11:59 PM)RASCAL Wrote: I personally am not very happy with the QB play. Why in the Hell are we not running Zeke more??? We have gotten away from him and things are now harder!

Part of it is a new OC and part of it is Jones. The new OC isn't calling as many RB runs and more of those he is calling are to the edge, not up the middle where Zeke does his best work. When it comes to the zones read plays more often than not Cardale has been keeping it no matter the correct read. Jones's decision making, both in the run game and passing game have been suspect at best all year.
Reply/Quote
Fun to come back here after a while and see the overreactions, haha.

"Oh, no! An Urban Meyer offense scoring less than 40 points, the sky is falling!" Championships aren't won in September, gentlemen. Don't forget these guys were 3-1 at this point last year. There's plenty of room to improve, but ugly wins are still wins.
Reply/Quote
I miss Tom Herman... This new OC is hog shit.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 09:25 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I miss Tom Herman... This new OC is hog shit.

They're adjusting. The first three games, I think it was all Warinner trying to coach the O-Line from the sidelines AND call the plays. That changed against WKU, and we moved most of the play calling up to the booth.

It's silly to think there wouldn't be an adjustment period when we lost the MENSA mind diagnosing defenses from above.
Reply/Quote
Urban Meyer has 3 national championships to my zero, but I continue to be mystified by Jones starting. Jad two easy TD passes in the 2nd qtr and flat missed them.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
And we need a new OC.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
This team turns the ball over entitely too much. -3 so far today.

Reply/Quote
Squeeeeeek!

Reply/Quote