Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Ohio State Buckeyes
(10-03-2015, 07:53 PM)michaelsean Wrote: This team turns the ball over entitely too much.  -3 so far today.

This is what pisses me off the most. This is the sloppiest UM coached team I've ever seen. FAR, far to many penalties and turnovers. I think they've had over 100 yards of penalties last few games? It's got to stop. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 10:54 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: This is what pisses me off the most. This is the sloppiest UM coached team I've ever seen. FAR, far to many penalties and turnovers. I think they've had over 100 yards of penalties last few games? It's got to stop. 

No Doubt !

Marshall himself has like 5 fumbles in the last two games ! And what really makes me angry is at least two of them, maybe more, are him trying to do the flashy spin moves. STOP IT UM ! 

1. Make Marshall carry a football 24-7 until the next game.
2. Let Marshall know he's not going to score a TD on every play, know when to spin and when to just take what's given. When you have 3 tacklers a 1/2 step from you closing in on the sideline it's not the time for a spin move !!!
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 11:07 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: No Doubt !

Marshall himself has like 5 fumbles in the last two games ! And what really makes me angry is at least two of them, maybe more, are him trying to do the flashy spin moves. STOP IT UM ! 

1. Make Marshall carry a football 24-7 until the next game.
2. Let Marshall know he's not going to score a TD on every play, know when to spin and when to just take what's given. When you have 3 tacklers a 1/2 step from you closing in on the sideline it's not the time for a spin move !!!

No way Marshall plays that much anymore. He's stated if you cant take care of the rock, you'll sit. I will be super surprised to see them give him the rock on offense that much anymore. 
Reply/Quote
Still unbeaten and # 1 going into the off week....but November looms as very interesting....The teams get tougher as they go....If they can run the table, win the Big 10 Championship Game and then win both NCAA Championship Games, with a huge bullseye on their back, That would be amazing. Back to Back Championships. ....Take a break Buckeyes and get ready for a tough November and on into January. ...GO BUCKEYES !!!!
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The ship has been righted with Barrett back at the helm.

Now we just need the run D to tighten up more.
Reply/Quote
Its apparent now, this is JT's team.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 08:55 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Its apparent now, this is JT's team.

And then he goes out and makes a boneheaded decision to drive drunk while underage.  

Cue the excuses:

1) Hes a kid, college kids drink

2) He was barely over the limit

3) It was an off week for the team

4) He didnt hurt anyone

So urb has a difficult decision to make....Does he sit JT for one play this season against a conference foe or does he sit him one play first game next season against ITT tech(or similar competition)
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 11:36 AM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: And then he goes out and makes a boneheaded decision to drive drunk while underage.  

Cue the excuses:

4) He didnt hurt anyone

So urb has a difficult decision to make....Does he sit JT for one play this season against a conference foe or does he sit him one play first game next season against ITT tech(or similar competition)

No excuses, Meyer already handed down the one game suspension.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 12:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No excuses, Meyer already handed down the one game suspension
Against the mighty gophers of minnesota. Osu could beat the gophers with a high school kid playing QB.   I wonder what JT's suspension would be if the next weeks game was against Michigan state or an opponent during the playoff.  My guess is it would be stretched to next season somehow.  So Urb dodged a bullet there with a weak opponent coming up
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 12:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No excuses, Meyer already handed down the one game suspension.

(10-31-2015, 01:26 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Against the mighty gophers of minnesota. Osu could beat the gophers with a high school kid playing QB.   I wonder what JT's suspension would be if the next weeks game was against Michigan state or an opponent during the playoff.  My guess is it would be stretched to next season somehow.  So Urb dodged a bullet there with a weak opponent coming up

regardless it is incredibly stupid.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 11026790_10205724165211544_3068745247337...e=56B3379A]
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11026790_10205724165211544_306874524733707188_n.jpg?oh=f4a36120ccfa881c628930275cf4e690&oe=56B3379A

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 01:26 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Against the mighty gophers of minnesota. Osu could beat the gophers with a high school kid playing QB.   I wonder what JT's suspension would be if the next weeks game was against Michigan state or an opponent during the playoff.  My guess is it would be stretched to next season somehow.  So Urb dodged a bullet there with a weak opponent coming up

So he gave a far more harsh punsihment to the player which than you thought and you still try to minimize it?

Seems to me it didn't matter what the penalty was, you were going to find fault in it due to a perceived problem with Meyer.

What penalty did you feel was appropriate for a student athlete DUI?  Expulsion?
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 11:36 AM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: And then he goes out and makes a boneheaded decision to drive drunk while underage.  

Cue the excuses:

4) He didnt hurt anyone

There are no excuses, but c'mon, dude made a mistake and is paying for it. I just don't understand the angst. 
Reply/Quote

Meyer would sit him the next game regardless who they are playing. He doesn't want his image/legacy to be tarnished by not sitting him or any player for that matter immediately after an arrest has occurred. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 11:47 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Meyer would sit him the next game regardless who they are playing. He doesn't want his image/legacy to be tarnished by not sitting him or any player for that matter immediately after an arrest has occurred. 

JT was NOT arrested. I wish people would stop saying that. He was issued a ticket. BIG difference. 
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 12:36 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: JT was NOT arrested. I wish people would stop saying that. He was issued a ticket. BIG difference. 

All the sources I read say he was arrested.

But even if it was just a citation it makes zero difference.  It is still the same charge.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 12:36 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: JT was NOT arrested. I wish people would stop saying that. He was issued a ticket. BIG difference. 
A citation is another way of saying "arrested and released to their own recognizance", i.e. arrested but not booked.
Reply/Quote
Good win, thats all that matters in the end, as one loss at this point is probably toast for the playoffs. When Cardale is in there, the Bucks should run a more pro (Carolina) offense than what they would with JT in there. Open the field up downfield with Marshall and use Braxton for more underneath while having a more power running game with more fbs.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 01:55 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Good win, thats all that matters in the end, as one loss at this point is probably toast for the playoffs. When Cardale is in there, the Bucks should run a more pro (Carolina) offense than what they would with JT in there. Open the field up downfield with Marshall and use Braxton for more underneath while having a more power running game with more fbs.

Has anyone heard anyhting regarding his possible (probable) concussion yesterday?

For the record, he needs to throw a pass soon if he's taking the snap, as guys are teeing off on the fact it is a QB keeper or zone read.  Even if it is incomplete, we have to prove the threat of a pass is there.
Reply/Quote
Ohio State screwed by incompetent refs on their first drive.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote