Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Was A Great Year
There's been a ton of doom and gloom lately. But I decided to make a thread on some pretty amazing milestones this team and players made in 2015.

- Tied franchise best with 12 regular season wins

- AFC North Champions for the third time since 2009

- Led AFC in feweest points allowed, which is also the franchise's best rank ever

-With 13.5 regular season sacks, Carlos Dunlap has the most single season sacks in team history. He now also has the 4th most sacks in Bengals history

-Bengals were one of two teams to have two players record 10 or more sacks this year (Dunlap with 13.5, Atkins with 10)

- Reggie Nelson tied for the NFL lead in interceptions. He also tied a franchise record for having a 5 game streak with an interception

- Andy Dalton led the AFC in passer rating (106.3). His 106.3 rating is a now a Bengals record, passing the 101.1 passer rating set by Carson Palmer is 2005.

- Andy Dalton and Peyton Manning are the only quarterbacks to have thrown for 3,000 or more yards in each of their first 5 seasons. Dalton now ranks 4th all time in Bengals history for passing yards and passing touchdowns.

- Andy Dalton now has the highest QB rating in Bengals history as a QB that started more than 12 games.

- AJ Green and Randy Moss are the only two wide receivers to have eclipsed 1,000 receiving yards in each of their first 5 seasons. Green is now 5th all time in Bengals receiving yards.

- The Bengals finished 6-2 on the road this season, tying the best road winning percentage in team history.

- The Bengals stand as the only team in the 45 year history of the AFC Central/North divisions to start a season 8-0.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Meh, those stats are like foreplay. It can be great, but if that's all you are getting you are going to wind up disappointed eventually.

Reply/Quote
It truly was a great regular season. That's why the ending was so disappointing. Even more so than previous seasons. This was the best Bengals team I've ever witnessed, yet the end result was the same. The most positive thing I can say about how it ended is that they finally showed some fight. Our big players (Geno, Dunlap, Burfict, Green, Hill, Pacman, etc) all made plays. In the other 4 games we didn't see that at all.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
This was a truly good team that could have been great and blew it. Im still optimistic for the future. Atkins and Dunlap have at least five more years of badassery in them. Dalton and Green are young for their respective positions. The key positions where the starters are getting up in years (offensive tackle and corner) also have young top of the draft talent developing behind them.

In the draft, a great middle linebacker would be awesome imo.

I LOVE our prospects next season.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 09:21 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: This was a truly good team that could have been great and blew it.  Im still optimistic for the future.  Atkins and Dunlap have at least five more years of badassery in them.  Dalton and Green are young for their respective positions.  The key positions where the starters are getting up in years (offensive tackle and corner) also have young top of the draft talent developing behind them.

In the draft, a great middle linebacker would be awesome imo.

I LOVE our prospects next season.

We already have one.  They just insist on playing him at the WILL.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I loved this season Wolf, it was very good and all those great accomplishments were very good.

But all i wanted was a Playoff win, we had it and let it go, but still i will not say it was not a very good year.

Very good, but not great.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 09:28 PM)jason Wrote: We already have one.  They just insist on playing him at the WILL.

Im thinking that's the best place for him to be cuz that's where Zimmer had him too and I respect the krap outta Zimmer.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 08:38 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Meh, those stats are like foreplay. It can be great, but if that's all you are getting you are going to wind up disappointed eventually.

I'm with you on that one. Passing stats today are inflated due to rule changes. Manning was in a class all by himself and no one has really come close since, including Dalton.

While it was a very good year, it ended in another one and done. More work to do.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
It was a great season, I seriously felt like this was the year.

It hurt me to see us lose a playoff game we should've won because of coaching... (playcalling and not being able to control players).
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
I will agree that this was a great year IF, and ONLY IF, the coaches and team use this as fuel and come back bigger, stronger, and with more resolve next year.

The way this season ended can either make them stronger or tear them apart. I'm obviously pulling for the former.

I have no doubts about Dalton and what he is capable of doing moving forward. He proved himself to me this year. I just hope the defense comes back with more discipline and more desire.
Reply/Quote
So much for the positive thread Wolf. Wink

The common two complaints are:

1.  They lost another playoff game.

What does winning 'A' playoff game get you???  Nothing!!!!  You are still one of the 31 losers.  Ask Romo, Luck, Cutler, and Ryan.

2.  Bad coaching and a dirty player lost the playoff game.

Coaching didn't lose the game and Burfict is no more dirty than Ray Lewis was.

Bottom line:  The Bengals played the last 4 games without the QB with the highest passer rating in the AFC, AND also one of the best at the pre-snap reads, acknowledged by many outside the Bengals organization.

They didn't have that pre-snap read skill with McCarron.  That skill is the most important stat, for a QB, that doesn't show up in the 'box score'!

If Dalton hadn't gotten hurt, they probably win against Pittsburgh at home, beat Denver, and end up with the number one seed, not even playing a game on Wild Card Weekend!!   Rock On
Reply/Quote
This team should have played in the Super Bowl
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 08:31 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: There's been a ton of doom and gloom lately. But I decided to make a thread on some pretty amazing milestones this team and players made in 2015.

- Led AFC in feweest points allowed, which is also the franchise's best rank ever

-With 13.5 regular season sacks, Carlos Dunlap has the most single season sacks in team history. He now also has the 4th most sacks in Bengals history

-Bengals were one of two teams to have two players record 10 or more sacks this year (Dunlap with 13.5, Atkins with 10)

- Reggie Nelson tied for the NFL lead in interceptions. He also tied a franchise record for having a 5 game streak with an interception

- Andy Dalton led the AFC in passer rating (106.3). His 106.3 rating is a now a Bengals record, passing the 101.1 passer rating set by Carson Palmer is 2005.

- Andy Dalton and Peyton Manning are the only quarterbacks to have thrown for 3,000 or more yards in each of their first 5 seasons. Dalton now ranks 4th all time in Bengals history for passing yards and passing touchdowns.

- Andy Dalton now has the highest QB rating in Bengals history as a QB that started more than 12 games.

- AJ Green and Randy Moss are the only two wide receivers to have eclipsed 1,000 receiving yards in each of their first 5 seasons. Green is now 5th all time in Bengals receiving yards.

- The Bengals finished 6-2 on the road this season, tying the best road winning percentage in team history.

- The Bengals stand as the only team in the 45 year history of the AFC Central/North divisions to start a season 8-0.

Three players with at least 10 tds for the first time in team history Eifert-13, Hill-12, Green-10
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 08:31 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: There's been a ton of doom and gloom lately. But I decided to make a thread on some pretty amazing milestones this team and players made in 2015.

Many people just seem to care about playoffs...well the reality is that 2015 was also the closest the Bengals have come to winning a playoff game, so that also should further support that the Bengals have had the best season since 1990.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 09:59 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I'm with you on that one. Passing stats today are inflated due to rule changes. Manning was in a class all by himself and no one has really come close since, including Dalton.

While it was a very good year, it ended in another one and done. More work to do.

So the same holds true for Green's stats?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
It was a great year. Can't let one wild and crazy Saturday night in January obscure a great September to December run. Lots of great things happened that can't be forgotten.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton is our secret weapon.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Bengal season are like love affairs that end badly.

If you obsess on how they end then you will probably become bitter, hate all women, and never find love.

But if you try and remember the good times then you will eventually get your hopes back up and be willing to give it another try.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 03:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengal season are like love affairs that end badly.

If you obsess on how they end then you will probably become bitter, hate all women, and never find love.

But if you try and remember the good times then you will eventually get your hopes back up and be willing to give it another try.

Gee Fred, I hope you're not planning a romantic interlude with Bengals players, but hey, to each his own.. I wouldn't give you grief over it..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 04:19 PM)grampahol Wrote: Gee Fred, I hope you're not planning a romantic interlude with Bengals players, but hey, to each his own.. I wouldn't give you grief over it..

Don't be silly.  I am much too old for those players.

But you have obviously never gazed into the azure pools that are Bobby Bratkowski's eyes.
Reply/Quote